Home

What's Better? Fight Night Champion VS Undisputed Lets Keep it Real

This is a discussion on What's Better? Fight Night Champion VS Undisputed Lets Keep it Real within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-24-2023, 02:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: What's Better? Fight Night Champion VS Undisputed Lets Keep it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
unfortunately haven't tried undisputed yet but it does look quite promising and might be the "undisputed" king once it's all said and done (when it finally makes it to consoles). still loving fight night champion to this day. it's a more polished product, punches have weight (and feel) and counter punching works quite well where you are rewarded for good defense, picking your punches carefully and watching your stamina. it all comes together nicely. the only nitpick would be the footwork (which undisputed has) but that would be about it.
Claiming footwork is trash in FNC is not nitpicking, its a fact...There is no weight and boxers slip and slide around the ring as if they're boxing on ice...Its really bad and has been my biggest complaint since the game launched a decade ago...It really sucks we didn't get another FN because the team fixed the footwork issues in the first UFC game EA made after FNC...The next FN might have truly been the GOAT if we got it...
Old 07-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #10
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Boxer movement looks terrible on Undisputed, the boxers look stiff.
Old 07-05-2023, 10:07 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

I really enjoyed FNC during that time period, however, attempting to play it currently just doesn’t do it for me. I took a trip back to play it for comparisons to Undisputed and what I found is that the footwork and weight of the boxers is FAR better in Undisputed, while the impact of the punches (still not the greatest) are better in FNC.

The punches in undisputed lack savagery, impact, speed, and snap. The jabs sometimes shoot out ok, but those straights and uppercuts make it look like the boxers are having a pillow fight lol. If the devs can get over that hurdle, we’ll be looking at the best boxing game ever created no doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2023, 10:13 AM   #12
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

This thread makes me chuckle because I played FNC when it released as well as recently and it's just broken in so many areas. I've actually already played more Undisputed which is INSANE When you think about it.

It's early acess and I'm about 190-140-5 online record as well as dozens of offline fights. Those have taken a big AI hit recently - but again it's early access so that stuff is bound to happen.

I agree many punch animations could use work, while others are pretty good right now. We still have yet to see create a boxer and career mode as well as more fleshed out online options.

My biggest hope for the game is that they can integrate clinching in a fluid and dynamic way. All of the other stuff I feel that they are moving in the right direction and the community is constantly asking for more vulnerability. So to me it's a given that cause and effect damage will grow and you'll see more people getting dropped who are being carless. But punch numbers and stam etc will all be affected by a great clinching system. To me that is the key and if they can get that right we'll all be having awesome matches consistently.

Right now it's still fun, but doing heavyweight fights vs fury throwing over 1k punches still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I must say though I really get hyped over kicking his arse w/ Tommy Morrison! lol. Riddick Bowe is also fun to use - nothing beats winning vs the guys picking Ali/Fury w/ guys who's OVR rating is WAY lower.
Old 07-15-2023, 10:32 PM   #13
MVP

UFC 4 is close to unplayable as well after playing Undisputed. I booted UFC 4 up today and couldn’t make it through the first round before I turned it off lol. Undisputed needs much work of course, but it says alot to not be able to go back and play recent fight games.
Old 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM   #14
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I really enjoyed FNC during that time period, however, attempting to play it currently just doesn’t do it for me. I took a trip back to play it for comparisons to Undisputed and what I found is that the footwork and weight of the boxers is FAR better in Undisputed, while the impact of the punches (still not the greatest) are better in FNC.

The punches in undisputed lack savagery, impact, speed, and snap. The jabs sometimes shoot out ok, but those straights and uppercuts make it look like the boxers are having a pillow fight lol. If the devs can get over that hurdle, we’ll be looking at the best boxing game ever created no doubt.
Footwork and weight of the boxers are better on Undisputed, but lets be real, we are comparing an over decade ikd game running on xbox 360 hardware to modern pc’s. Where Undisputed fails miserably, imo, is the most important part, punching. its not just the physics, its the animations, they just dont look or feel right, at all. I love the sweet science, and i want to love Undisputed, but outside of the obvious improvements mostly due in part to much more advanced hardware to work with, the actual boxing isnt near as good as FNC.
Old 07-18-2023, 02:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
Footwork and weight of the boxers are better on Undisputed, but lets be real, we are comparing an over decade ikd game running on xbox 360 hardware to modern pc’s. Where Undisputed fails miserably, imo, is the most important part, punching. its not just the physics, its the animations, they just dont look or feel right, at all. I love the sweet science, and i want to love Undisputed, but outside of the obvious improvements mostly due in part to much more advanced hardware to work with, the actual boxing isnt near as good as FNC.
I don't have any issues with how the punches look so much as I do with the fact they don't seem to hit very hard, except at the start of the match when everyone is full strength.

We all want fatigue but I think it's a bit overdone when, in the third round you're swinging weak, even when you conserve energy and don't punch much.

Two things they could do to fix, first of all lessen fatigue a good bit for both boxers, and secondly, revamp the punch sounds to sound more like big punches.

The sound was the one area where Fight Night really nailed it, it sounded like the thunder of punches. Undisputed doesn't sound like that and by the time you hit the 3rd or 4th round it looks like a couple of guys off the street fighting, all winded and unable to do much, LOL..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2023, 10:11 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoy14111
Both Fight Night Champion and Undisputed have their unique strengths, catering to different preferences. Fight Night Champion excels in its realistic boxing mechanics and storytelling, while Undisputed shines in its comprehensive MMA experience. The choice ultimately comes down to your preference for boxing or mixed martial arts gameplay.
Undisputed is not MMA man, it's boxing, I htink you are thinking of UFC

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »