Home

"A reality of a dream!" Coaching legacy of Cameron Kirby [CH2k8]

This is a discussion on "A reality of a dream!" Coaching legacy of Cameron Kirby [CH2k8] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10
"A reality of a dream!" Coaching legacy of Cameron Kirby [CH2k8]

The CH2k8 Legacy of Cameron Kirby

The new guy in town

Kennesaw, GA - After a disappointing 13-18 [9-9] season Vaughn Williams the athletic director decided it was time for a change. Williams had this to say on the matter. " We are currently searching for that right person who will come in and change the face of our men's basketball team for the better." The search didn't take more then 2 days until A.D. Vaughn Williams found their new head coach.

Press Conference

A.D. Williams - Ladies & Gentleman, I thank you for coming here today. Because I have important news to tell everyone. Our search for the new head coach of our fighting owls is over. It only took 2 days but I think we have found the person who will change the face of our basketball team for the better. I would like to introduce to you now the new head coach of the basketball team Coach Cameron Kirby!

K.C. - Thank you Mr. Williams! I am deeply honored to have been chosen for this opportunity. I won't let you or this amazing basketball team down I have many things i want to do with this team and hopefully they will pay off in the long run. Now i will be taking any questions anyone has for me to answer.

Reporter #1 - Yes! i have a question for you. Tell us a little bit about your background.

K.C. - Sure why not,where to start? Umm...lets see I'm the youngest out of 4 sibling & i recently just got married and about to have my 1st born in December. I coached at Terry Sanford high school in North Carolina and we went to the championship in back to back years but always fell short of the title. I like to think of myself, as the student of the game because i never played basketball before but i was always by my dad's side watching him coach his players and giving them advise on how to do this or that. So I think there is always room for me to get better down the road.

Reporter #1 - So what made you interested in basketball in you never played it?

K.C. - My father is the reason why I was interested in basketball. I would always go to the practices with him and watched how he taught his players the fundamental of the game and how they just was able to grasp it so easily that had put a fire in my eyes. Because i told myself later that day i wanted to be a coach just like my father was.

Reporter #2 - I have a question. You are a very young coach who is making the transition from high school to college basketball. Is there anything you worry about that might frighten you?

K.C. - In my eyes i see it as a challenge. Reason why is because there is more competition in the collegiate level in which i have completely prepared for this exact moment. I will take one more question.

Reporter #3 - What are your expectations for this team and have you hired your assistant as of yet?

K.C. - My expectations aren't very high, as of yet because i don't know what these players can and can't do. So once I'm able to figure how one person operates from the other then i will tell you how i feel about this team. No, i have yet to figure out who is gonna be on my staff but i will be doing a search for them. Thank you everyone for your time and i hope you see you out supporting the team this year!

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Re: "A reality of a dream!" Coaching legacy of Cameron Kirby [CH2k8]

Coach Kirby puts together his team!

Kennesaw, GA - A week after being hired coach Kirby wasted no time in assembling his staff.

Coach Kirby
Offense - C-
Defense - C-
Teaching - B-
Scouting - C -
Charisma - C -
Discipline - C+

Coach K.C. - The picking of my staff took longer than i thought it would but I have chosen the best people possible to help building this program up from the bottom. Now with my being a young coach i decide to surrounded myself with experience assistants to help me along the way.

First up is Coach Greg Matta

Age - 34

" Coach Matta has a great offensive [B-] feel for the game which is why I decided to select him on my staff. I did some research and found that he was sound with the teams he had coached offensively for the passed couple of years he has been in the game. "

Overall - C-
Offense - B -
Defense - C-
Teaching - C-
Scouting - D
Charisma - D
Disciple - D

-----------------

Coach Can Robins

Age - 37

" Coach Robins is the oldest out of both me & coach Matta. Which means he has a years of experience behind him which in terms should be great for us. Coach Robins has been teaching Defensive [C+] since he arrived at the college level. So our squad should be well rounded with the addition of Coach Robins. "

Overall - C
Offense - C -
Defense - C+
Teaching - C-
Scouting - D
Charisma - C
Discipline - C-

Old 04-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

2007-2008 Schedule

@ W. Kentucky
@ Boston Univ.
100 Club Classic
@ Florida Int'l
Florida A&M
@ MD- Eastern Shore
@ Texas State
@ W. Illinois
@ UNLV
Minnesota
@ Nicholls St.
Mercer
Jacksonville
North Florida
@ Stetson
@ Florida Gulf Coast
Belmont
Lipscomb

Savannah St
@ SC Upstate
@ E. Tennessee St.
@ Campbell
Gardener - Webb
Stetson
Florida Gulf Coast
@ North Florida
@ Jacksonville
@ Mercer

Purple - Tournament
Red - Conf. Games

Last edited by WizKhid; 04-16-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Good luck this season, looks like a good schedule.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

I live in the heart of the A-Sun so I'm definitely following! Don't beat Belmont though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Good luck this season, looks like a good schedule.
i hope the schedule isn't to tough on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
I live in the heart of the A-Sun so I'm definitely following! Don't beat Belmont though
lol I will try not beat them this year

Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

Meet The Team

Kennesaw, GA - Just weeks away from the season opener and first game of Coach Kirby's college coaching career begins. After announcing his assistants, They had been busy going over the roster and finally makes it known who starting and who riding the pine this season.

Coach K.C. - "After couple of weeks going over the roster, we have put together the best possible lineup we could with the talent we had to work with. So without any further ado i present you the 2007-2008 starting lineup!"

Starting lineup

Point Guard
#3 Kelvin McConnell SR [57 ovr]
[McConnell is our only Senior who made the lineup. So we are looking towards him for leadership on the court. He has a good med. to close range shooting ability[B]. Only problem we have is about his speed [F] going up and down the court but hopefully it won't matter in most games.]

Shooting Guard
#5 Spencer Dixon JR [64 ovr]
[One of 3 upperclassmen that made our lineup. Dixon has that quick burst you look for in a player. At 6'0 Dixon has a mean vertical jump (B-) to go along with his dunking skills (B). So he could he a threat if someone leaves him open for to long.]

Small Forward
#2 Markeith Cummings SO [72 ovr]
[ "Mr. Do Everything" Is what i like to all Cummings, because he can do everything. His best aspect is the way he handles the ball [A-] This kid has amazing set of hands which should help us.]

Power Forward
#35 Branden Dawson FR [54 ovr]
[Dawson is one of 2 freshman that manage to jump into the lineup. I personally think Dawson could be an X-factor for this team. Reason why is because He has speed [A-] Quickness [A-] and a mean vertical jump [A] Also factor in his defense ability and i think he has a great future.]

Center
#45 Andrew Osemhen FR [56 ovr]
[Andrew's skills set just jumped out at me. He has one of the best hands on the team [A-] and with the ability to drive the ball. To add onto that he also an amazing defender [A-]. Andrew is going to be a key part in how this team works.]

Bench
#32 R.J. Hall PG
#1 Nick Turner SG
#24 Artie Marine SF
#22 Chase Robinson PF
#14 Matt Heramb C

Old 04-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
MVP

WizKhid's Arena