Home

Another Damn Seattle Supersonics Dynasty

This is a discussion on Another Damn Seattle Supersonics Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-12-2024, 10:04 PM   #9
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another Damn Seattle Supersonics Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Excited to have you back in the fold! Looking forward to reading this and following along!
Thanks for the comment, I also won't lie the level of graphics and effort you use for your dynasty have definitely inspired me to a degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshNormanMane
Agreed with Marsh, glad to have you back as well!

It feels like a rite of passage to do a Sonics rebuild in 2k lol. That was the first ever rebuild I did that turned me onto the long-term dynasty format of MyLeague / MyNBA. I'm excited to see what you have in store!
Thank you for the kind words.

I definitely agree, hence the name lol, this is probably the third or fourth Supersonics dynasty I've done in my years playing 2k, although this will be the first I report. I think expansion dynasties will always be interesting because there's lots of different directions things can go and also a bit of that college feel of building something from the ground up.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:30 PM   #10
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5

Excited to see how this pans out
Old 03-12-2024, 11:30 PM   #11
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Those are some super tough restrictions. I'm sure it will make the build more rewarding though. Sort of guarantees you both high lottery picks next year.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 05:53 AM   #12
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Love the harsher restrictions. Feel like at times expansion teams can be too talented too fast with so much cap space that not taking part in free agency for some time should help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-14-2024, 12:20 AM   #13
Pro

Looking forward to this as well. Sometimes I move terrible teams with no picks rather than do expansions to make it harder, but this certainly makes it more interesting. Got me wanting to start 2k back up.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM   #14
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne58
Excited to see how this pans out
Me too, thank you for the comment this should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Those are some super tough restrictions. I'm sure it will make the build more rewarding though. Sort of guarantees you both high lottery picks next year.
It's partially the games fault, 2k on PC has been glitched all year and the start in the offseason option wasn't available.

Also since the dynasty starts right when the actual season starts unlike real life where the expansion draft occurs before the real draft and unrestricted free agents aren't included, teams have their rosters filled out so teams have more players on them making there be more talented than there normally would be in the expansion draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Love the harsher restrictions. Feel like at times expansion teams can be too talented too fast with so much cap space that not taking part in free agency for some time should help.

I agree, this should give us a great challenge, it'll be fun to build the entire team from the ground up. Including hiring staff, scouting all my players and carefully constructing the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffruel
Looking forward to this as well. Sometimes I move terrible teams with no picks rather than do expansions to make it harder, but this certainly makes it more interesting. Got me wanting to start 2k back up.
That's definitely a good option for a challenge, building a successful team on 2k is always pretty easy once you know what to look for so this adds an extra thing to consider.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:33 AM   #15
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

For 30 teams, this week marked the start of the NBA season; however, for the league's two incoming expansion teams, they are sitting in the shadows constructing their teams. Today, the Seattle Supersonics made a major step towards constructing their front office as Trajan Langdon was officially announced as the team's general manager.

Langdon has been regarded as a future leading executive in the league for some time and has undergone interviews with several teams. Langdon is a former player who began his journey in the front office as a domestic and international scout for the San Antonio Spurs in 2012. In 2016, he was made the assistant GM with the Brooklyn Nets under Sean, and in 2019 became the general manager of the New Orleans Pelicans. Despite being the second in command to David Griffin in New Orleans, Langdon is credited with being an excellent talent evaluator, something which will prove valuable to a Supersonics team starting from ground zero.

When asked about his plans to construct the team, Langdon stated, "We've got ten months ahead of us before the expansion draft. Everything is at the ground floor right now, and we have to build it up. I'm still trying to figure some things out, but I know for sure that the fans here in Seattle know their basketball and are passionate about the Sonics," said Langdon.

The hiring of Langdon is notable since he will be a rookie lead executive, never having led a team's front office before. Many had suspected the Sonics would go for a more senior general manager. The Sonics ownership did interview several candidates with experience such as Milt Newton and Dennis Lindsey but felt confident in Langdon according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

It is likely the Supersonics will now look towards finding a head coach. Langdon notably has experience with Kenny Atkinson, who is an experienced head coach, something an expansion franchise could be looking to add. The Sonics could also possibly look to hire Jordi Fernandez or Charles Lee, two promising young assistant coaches looking for their first shot at being a head coach.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2024, 12:16 PM   #16
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

December 11th, 2022

With the NBA adding two new teams in the Seattle Supersonics and Vegas Venom, adjustments had to be made to both conferences. Today, the league has announced what the conferences will look like starting in the 2023-24 NBA season. The Minnesota Timberwolves will be moving to the Eastern Conference, while the Vegas Venom and Seattle Supersonics will play in the Western Conference.

While ideally the league would've been able to add one expansion team to each conference, due to the fact that the Venom and Supersonics are located far from the East coast, the NBA had to add them to the West. This meant one current Western conference team had to move a team to the Eastern conference. In addition to Minnesota, the NBA had debated on moving the Memphis Grizzlies and New Orleans Pelicans East.

Despite the Timberwolves being further west geographically than the Grizzlies or Pelicans, moving them East was the simpler of the three teams. The Timberwolves are moving to the central division, where several teams in the East already border them. Historically, the Timberwolves have been on an island geographically compared to other Western Conference teams. They've been one of the NBA's leaders in air miles traveled for years. In the central division, they will have natural geographic rivalries with other Midwest teams such as the Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks.

Replacing Minnesota, the Seattle Supersonics will be returning to the Northwest Division. Here they'll reignite the "I-5 rivalry" with the Portland Trailblazers. While also competing in the same division as the Oklahoma City Thunder, the city the original Supersonics moved to.

The Vegas Venom will be coming into the league in the Pacific Division, competing against the Phoenix Suns and the California franchises. The Venom should be able to develop natural rivalries with these teams as the years progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »