Home

Cali Championship Hoops (NBA2K) Custom League

This is a discussion on Cali Championship Hoops (NBA2K) Custom League within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 07:55 PM   #49
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

OVR: 1
December Players of the Month

POTMPOTM

Northern Cali:
Alonzo Reece (Oakland Renegades)
Set a new league single-game record with 43 points against the Fresno Mad Dogs.

Southern Cali:
Jack McMichael Jr. (Los Angeles Dynamics)
Won Player of the Week twice, averaging 26 points per game.
Put up a career-high 38 points against the San Jose Tigersharks.

Latest Scores

Golden State 90, San Jose 80
Sacramento 88, SD Strykers 87
SD Sabrewolves 78, Los Angeles 75
Golden State 89, SD Strykers 77
Fresno 79, San Francisco 75

Standings

Standings

Tonight’s Matchups

San Diego Strykers (3-6) at California Reds (7-2), 6 pm PT

San Jose Tigersharks (3-7) at Golden State Enterprise (5-5), 7 pm PT

San Francisco Knights (3-5) at Los Angeles Dynamics (7-3), 8 pm PT

Last edited by RayLenearl; 03-20-2024 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:17 PM   #50
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

Re: Cali Championship Hoops (NBA2K) Custom League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Fresno with a nice upset win there
Fresno is on a 3-game win streak looking like they getting it together. Looking forward to seeing if they can make a run.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:54 PM   #51
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

Mid-Season MVP Race

“MVPRace”

Alonzo Reece (Oakland Renegades), PG/SG

Reece is a standout player for the Renegades, showcasing his scoring and playmaking abilities. Averaging 28.0 points per game, Reece has been a scoring machine, highlighted by his recent record-setting 43-point performance against the Fresno Mad Dogs. His ability to create scoring opportunities for himself and his teammates, as evidenced by his 8.6 assists per game, makes him a dynamic and impactful player on the court.

Lamar Anderson (Fresno Mad Dogs), PG

The league’s first overall pick is the driving force behind the Mad Dogs' offense, leading the team in scoring with 29.1 points per game. His scoring prowess and playmaking ability, as seen in his 5.9 assists per game, have made him a versatile threat on the court. Despite the team's struggles, Anderson has consistently delivered impressive performances, earning him three Northern Cali Player of the Week honors.

Dorell Kabal (Sacramento Stallions), C

The 7-foot-5 center has been a dominant force for the first-place Stallions, averaging 21.7 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game. His ability to score in the paint and protect the rim has been instrumental in the Stallions' success. Kabal's impact is not limited to the defensive end, as he also contributes offensively, making him a crucial player on both sides of the ball. His performances have earned him two Northern Cali Player of the Week awards and the November Player of the Month title.

Jack McMichael Jr. (Los Angeles Dynamics), PG/SG

McMichael Jr. has been a key player for the Dynamics, leading the team in scoring with 23.8 points per game. His ability to score from anywhere on the court, coupled with his playmaking skills, as seen in his 4.6 assists per game, has made him a valuable asset for Los Angeles. McMichael Jr. has been a consistent performer, earning five Southern Cali Player of the Week awards and the December Player of the Month title.

Munir Kassa (San Francisco Knights), PG

Kassa is a reliable shooter, averaging 24.1 points per game. His scoring ability and offensive versatility have been crucial for San Francisco, providing them with a consistent scoring threat. While not as flashy as some of the other MVP candidates, Kassa's contributions on the offensive end have been vital for the Knights' success.

“PlayoffPicture”

Lastest Scores

California 76, SD Strykers 65
Golden State 89, San Jose 82
Los Angeles 90, San Francisco 82

Tonight’s Matchups

Los Angeles Dynamics (8-3) at Sacramento Stallions (9-2), 7 pm PT

San Francisco Knights (3-5) at Oakland Renegades (3-4), 8 pm PT

Last edited by RayLenearl; 03-20-2024 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 08:22 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cali Championship Hoops (NBA2K) Custom League

Dorell Kabal looks like a force of nature at 7'5

You should do more of these player profiles so we can get a feel for more players and their skill sets in your universe!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:42 PM   #53
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

From Street Life to Basketball Glory: The Redemption of Darell Kabal

“Kabal”

By Chloe Summers, Cali Championship Hoops Correspondent

Darell Kabal's journey to Cali Championship Hoops is a tale of perseverance, second chances, and the transformative power of sport. Born in Nigeria, Kabal moved to the United States at the tender age of two, but his new life in the inner city quickly went off the rails.

"I was a straight-up thug back then," Kabal admits. "Getting into fights, running with gangs, I was headed down a real dark path."

Standing at an imposing 6’7” and over 200 pounds as a teenager, Kabal became a feared bully, caught up in a criminal lifestyle and gang activity that repeatedly landed him in trouble with the law. During those turbulent high school years, basketball was the farthest thing from his mind.

“Kabal”

However, a pivotal moment arrived when Kabal found himself cellmates with a former basketball coach while incarcerated. "Coach Williams saw something in me that I couldn't see in myself back then," Kabal recalls. This unlikely mentor not only taught Kabal the fundamentals of the game but also inspired him to pursue his GED and turn his life around. "He gave me hope for a better future."

After his release, Kabal's raw talent and size immediately caught the attention of junior college scouts in New Mexico, where he went on to win a state championship. "Those were some of the best years of my life. I was playing the game I loved and finally headed in the right direction," says Kabal. His play earned him several offers to compete at the Division I level, but just when it seemed his redemption story was taking flight, his past came back to haunt him.

In a tragic twist, Kabal's former gang affiliates, angered by his denunciation of their lifestyle, attempted to jump him at a party. "I knew they wouldn't let me go that easy," Kabal states gravely. In self-defense, Kabal hospitalized one of the assailants, landing himself back behind bars and losing his hard-earned opportunities.

It was then that James Gentry, the newly appointed head scout of the Sacramento Stallions, stepped in. "I saw a kid with incredible talent and even more incredible determination to change his life," says Gentry. Having been a fan of Kabal's since his junior college days, Gentry wrote a letter to the judge advocating for Kabal's early release and offering him a chance to try out for the team.

The Stallions organization, impressed by Kabal's raw talent and personal journey, took a chance and selected him with the fifth overall pick in the league's inaugural draft. Kabal has seized this opportunity with both hands, keeping his promise to turn his life around. "I'll never go back to that life. This game and this team saved me," Kabal affirms.

In a true storybook season, Kabal has led the Stallions to the top of the standings while being named Player of the Month. "I'm just getting started," he says with a smile. He became the first player to score 41 points in a single game, which is now the second-most in the league.

Darell Kabal's story is a testament to the power of second chances, resilience, and the ability of sports to transform lives. "If I can make it out of that hell, anybody can," Kabal says. From the depths of a gang-ridden past to the heights of professional basketball stardom, Kabal's journey is a reminder that it's never too late to rewrite your story.

Tonight’s Matchups

San Diego Sabrewolves (6-4) at Sacramento Stallions (10-2)

Oakland Renegades (3-5) at Sacramento Stallions (10-2)

Old 03-27-2024, 06:30 PM   #54
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

Contract Extensions

“Carney”

Admirals re-signed SF Darnell Bullard to a 2-year/$7.32M deal
Admirals re-signed PG Thanasis Gordon to a 1-year/$1.78M deal
Admirals re-signed PG Martin Thompson to a 1-year/$1.11M deal
Admirals re-signed SG Jerrelle Yu to a 1-year/$1.78M deal

Enterprise re-signed PG Howie Carney to a 2-year/$11.50M deal
Enterprise re-signed PG Philip Justice to a 1-year/$1.78M deal
Enterprise re-signed PF Ronnie Vaughn to a 1-year/$1.11M deal

Dynamics re-signed SG Dan Baylor to a 1-year/$2.03M deal
Dynamics re-signed SF Troy Warrick to a 1-year/$1.82M deal

Mad Dogs re-signed PG Alonzo Posey to a 1-year/$1.78M deal

Reds re-signed C Shawn McDaniels to a 1-year/$1.12M deal

Renegades re-signed PF Garrett Baxter to a 1-year/$1.87M deal
Renegades re-signed SG Lamond Sanders to a 1-year/$1.16M deal
Renegades re-signed SG Jesse Walton to a 1-year/$1.78M deal

Sabrewolves re-signed C Robert Kennedy to a 1-year/$1.28M deal
Sabrewolves re-signed PG Mark Paxson to a 1-year/$2.17M deal
Sabrewolves re-signed PF Sidney Russell to a 1-year/$1.78M deal

Stallions re-signed SF Homer Goodwin to a 1-year/$1.80M deal

Strykers re-signed PG Wes Baxter to a 1-year/$1.82M deal
Strykers re-signed PF Marshall Gilbert to a 1-year/$2.05M deal
Strykers re-signed PF Garry Shepard to a 1-year/$1.81M deal
Strykers re-signed PG Todor Szomory to a 1-year/$1.88M deal

Tigersharks re-signed SG Jayson Ming to a 1-year/$2.01M deal

Playoff Picture

“Standings”

Tonight’s Matchups

San Diego Strykers (3-7) at Golden State Enterprise (6-5)

Long Beach Vipers (3-5) at San Francisco Knights (4-6)

Last edited by RayLenearl; 03-27-2024 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 07:40 PM   #55
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

Sacramento Stallions (12-3) at Fresno Mad Dogs (3-6)

Breaking News!

The Anaheim Admirals have traded star guard Josh Parks to the Long Beach Vipers in exchange for guard Kirk Barnes and a future first-round pick. Barnes had expressed his desire to be traded from the Vipers several weeks ago. Parks, who was on a one-year deal and was expected to become a free agent, had a significant contract that the Admirals have now shed with this move.

Trade

LBVipers

Admirals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 02:58 PM   #56
Rookie

RayLenearl's Arena

Kirk Barnes Set to Make Anaheim Admirals Debut Against San Diego Strykers