Home

(NBA 2K23) Changing the Landscape of the NBA.

This is a discussion on (NBA 2K23) Changing the Landscape of the NBA. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2023, 01:14 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
(NBA 2K23) Changing the Landscape of the NBA.

A little about myself. Started posting on the boards back in 2008 with College Hoops 2k8, I then started posting in the College Football Forums and even did a couple MLB Show threads. I am 47 and have lived in the Pacific Northwest all of my life (Idaho/Washington/Oregon) so I have been a Trail Blazers/Sonics fan but honestly never got into playing any NBA video games since the day's of NBA Jam and even further back Jordan vs Bird on my computer. However recently my 360 started giving me issues which I have a feeling is going to end my Coach Scott thread soon, so I spend $6.99 and bought NBA2K23.

I am still messing with settings and exactly how many games I want to play in a season, but after a couple weeks of trying different ideas of what I want to do, I feel like I have settled on my thread idea..

I am not big into posting pictures of games recaps and what not but I will use some images in my posts and will try and give you some in depth info on not just my team but what's going on around the league .

I am going to start with downloaded rosters with current 2023 Rookies and recent FA signings and will use created draft class's available on 2kshare for probably the next 3-4 seasons, but then will move over to generated draft class's.

I will am going to start with probably playing every 4th game but I saw on another thread where a guy sim's the first 3 quarters and jumps in and plays the 4th as long as he is either leading by 10 or down by 10 or less. I sorta like that idea too.

I currently don't have plans to run all 30 teams but I do have trade overide abilities on all CPU trades if I don't feel they are a somewhat realistic. If a major trade does happen in real life (Should Portland deal Lillard, I will go into the settings and take control of that team make the trade and then bounce back to my team.

Hope you enjoy the thread and the read...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2023, 01:15 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: (NBA 2K23) Changing the Landscape of the NBA.

Reserved Year by Year History of my Team.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:16 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Reserved for Year by Year History Around the NBA
Old 08-02-2023, 01:33 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

It's official the NBA Landscape is about the change. NBA Commish Adam Silver has announced that starting next season 2 Cities will have NBA teams. However he was quick to announce that expansion is not yet on the table, but is still in discussion. Instead 2 Franchises are on the move.. The NBA is no stranger to teams relocating with dating all the way back to 1948 and today one of those cities is getting their franchise back well another city is getting a NBA franchise for the 1st time.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are on the move as new ownership under the leadership of former MLB star Alex Rodriguez and Billionaire Mar Lore are taking the T-Wolves to Sin City.. The team will continue to play in the Northwest Division in the Western Conference but will change their team name to the Las Vegas Hustlers. .

Joining them in the move will be the New Orleans Pelicans. After 20 years the Pelicans are on the move again. A ownership group led by Amazon mogul Jeff Bezos and Seattle native and lifelong Sonics fan Jeff Hansen are bringing NBA back to Seattle.

The Pelicans will finish out their final season in the 2023-2024 season in the Southwest Division but next year will swap spots with the Oklahoma City Thunder and move to the Northwest and restart the rivalry with the Portland Trail Blazers..
Old 08-02-2023, 01:45 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Well the team will play out the 2023-2024 season in New Orleans, the new ownership group of what will be the future Seattle Super Sonics have announced that Ryne Derozan has been hired as the team's new GM. Derozan a College Basketball Hall of Fame Coach at Boise State moves on from college basketball to the NBA.

The Pelicans have never been short of having NBA Stars. Chris Paul, Anthony Davis and now Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson are faces of the Franchise.

Are Ingram and Williamson players for Derozan to build around and bring a championship back to Seattle? Or will Derozan look to rebuild through the draft? Stay tune to find out....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2023, 01:49 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

New Pelican/Sonic GM Ryne Derozan wasted little time making a huge move to kickoff the new era of Super Sonic Basketball with a 3 way trade with Cleveland and Washington with the trade for center Jarrett Allen.

Allen a former 1st round pick in 2017 (#22 Overall) is on the move yet again. Allen started his career in Brooklyn and quickly established himself as a capable player on both ends of the court but in the 20-21 season, the Nets sent Allen to Cleveland where he had a breakout season averaging 16.1 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 1.6 APG and 1.3 BPG well being named to Team Lebron in the 2022 All-Start game.

However with with the Cav's drafting 6'11 Evan Mobley #3 Overall in the 2021 draft, Allen now became a chip that Cav's could use to rebuild their roster and a early target for Derozan to add as insurance for the injury prone Zion Williamson.

Derozan
Quote:
"Zion still has a very bright future with our club and we hope he can be the Shawn Kemp of this era of Sonics basketball, but adding someone with the talent of Jarrett was something we felt was a huge need for us moving forward"
Here is a full breakdown of the trade

Cav's get
PG Kira Lewis 74 Overall (#13 Overall Pick in the 2020 draft)
SF Najia Marshall 76 Overall
PF/C Larry Nance JR 78 Overall
C Jonas Valanciunas 84 Overall (Former #5 Overall pick of the 2011 draft)
2026 1st Round Draft Swap Rights with Pelicans

Derozan
Quote:
"Originally it was actually Cleveland that called us asking about getting Larry Nance Jr back on their roster. Nance was a key part of their rotation for 3 years before being shipped to Portland and they wanted him back as a mentor for Mobley. However we had established that Allen was a guy we wanted to add and that was when discussion moved to Valanciunas and Lewis to be included in the deal as well. Well losing 3 players from our rotation from last season, we believe we have the pieces to replace those minutes with younger guy's on our roster."

Pelican/Sonics get
C Jarrett Allen 85 Overall
C Damian Jones 74 Overall
2023 2nd Round Pick via Washington
2026 1st Round Pick Swap with Cav's

Wizards get
PG Ricky Rubio 76 Overall)

Derozan
Quote:
"Originally the plan was to keep Rubio for ourselves. Ricky showed last season he still has something left in the tank averaging 13.1 PPG, 4.1 RPG, and 6.6 APG with Indiana, especially after losing Lewis to the Cav's but the Wizards were looking to add a veteran PG to mentor Jordan Poole and honestly his 6 million dollar contract for the next 2 seasons was something we were okay with parting with for a 2nd round pick in what looks to be a very deep PG draft"

Last edited by Deuce2223; 08-02-2023 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:48 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Ryne Dezoran has only been on the job for 1 week but he has quickly earned the respect of GM"s around the league as a guy who is willing and ready to do whatever it takes to build a team ready to compete for a NBA title.

After completing a trade for Center's Jarret Allen and Damian Jones, Derozan moved veteran Cody Zeller (former #4 Overall pick in 2013) 75 Overall, PF EJ Liddell (71 Overall) and a 2024 2nd Round Pick (via Bulls) to the Houston Rockets for SF Jae'Sean Tate 78 Overall..

Derozan
Quote:
"Tate was a guy we were very interested in landing.. Brandon Ingram has the ability to play 4 positions and well he will see alot of starts at SF, we believe Tate gives us the ability to also play Brandon in other spots well giving us a player we could see as a potential starter/6th man role"
Tate was undrafted out of Ohio State but in the past 2 seasons has shown to have NBA talent averaging 11.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG and 2.7 APG for the Rockets, well shooting almost 50% FG, earning 1st team All-Rookie in 2021. Those stat's increase to 15.2 PPG and 7.0 RPG over 36 minutes.

Derozan wasn't done.. Fan Favorite PG Jose "Grand Theft Auto" Alvarado 76 Overall was dealt to the Milwaukee Bucks for a 2026 1st Round Draft Pick and SG AJ Green 72 Overall.

Derozan
Quote:
"I know fans loved Jose but at the end of the day the Bucks offer of a 2026 1st Round pick was to much to pass up. We wanted to recoup a future pick and the Bucks were looking for a potential PG to replace Jrue Holiday who is in the last year of his contract making over 36 mil this season."
Alvarado averaged 6.1 PPG, 2.8 APG and 1.3 SPG last season (14.2 PPG, 6.6 APG, 3.3 SPG in 36 minutes) and quickly earned cult status among Pelican fan's for his stealing ability.

Green is a undrafted FA out of Northern Iowa were he was a 2 time Missouri Valley POY. Green will have a chance to earn some minutes at SG but most likely will be assigned to the G league.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 08-02-2023 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:12 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

The NBA has announced a new app that fan's can download that give them behind the scenes access to their favorite teams as they work toward becoming the next NBA Champion. In today's episode we catch up with the New Orleans Pelicans (Soon to be Seattle Super Sonics) as we take a look at how newly hired GM Ryne Derozan continues to rebuild the roster going into the 2023-2024 season.

Derozan has been a busy man making a huge trade to bring in Jarrett Allen who joins the starting lineup of CJ McCollum, Herbert Jones, Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson.

Derozan also landed 28 yr old SF Jae'Sean Tate from the Houston Rockets and brough in backup Center Damian Jones (Allen trade) as well as 24 yr old SG AJ Green. Those 3 along with PF Trey Murphy-81 Overall (#17 pick in 2021 Draft), SG/SF Dyson Daniels-76 Overall (#8 pick in 2022 Draft) and SG Jordan Hawkins-75 Overall (#14 pick in the 2023 draft) give Derozan a 11 man roster.

The team needed a backup PG and most likely another PF/C to join Jones as depth behind Williamson and Allen. Here is a look at Derozan and how he finished out the roster.

Derozan makes call to his Luis Pollard head of scouting..

"D"- Louis I know I have you and your staff busy scouting for the NBA Draft already but I need your help. I need a PG. I was going to try and land John Wall but he already signed to with the Bulls. I reached out to the agent for Kemba Walker but he is still wanting to much money.

Louis-I got your guy Ryne.. His name his Howie Carney..

Derozan-Louis I pride myself on knowing pretty much ever player on a NBA roster and of course any player coming out of college who should be on a NBA roster. I have never heard of his kid.

Louis-Well he isn't exactly a kid anymore, Carney is 28 yrs old and plays in overseas. He grew up Victoria Australia and he has been bouncing around the Euro league for the past 6 years. The kid can shoot the rock and has great court vision. He would be on a NBA roster right now if he just played defense.

Derozan-Well the league is full of guy's who don't play defense...Herbert Dyson and Hawkins are all A rated Defense guy's, so I guess we can take a flyer on a guy who can give us some offense off the bench when the stars need a rest. Let's get this guy. Louis get ahold of his agent and let's get this guy signed.

Derozan had his PG. Now he need to find a "Big".. To be continued...........

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »