Home

Old 02-08-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Rugby titles?

I have no idea about Rugby games. But over the years I've started watching more of the sport. There must be some game played by the community even if it's an old game modded with up to date rosters. What games should I be looking at?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2022, 10:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rugby titles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I have no idea about Rugby games. But over the years I've started watching more of the sport. There must be some game played by the community even if it's an old game modded with up to date rosters. What games should I be looking at?

Thanks
I lived in NZ for about 2 years and have a huge appreciation of the sport. I prefer Rugby Union over Rugby League so I recommend the older game you should try is Rugby 08, it's still modded and updated on PC. There is also a Xbox 1/PS2 version. The newest best game I think is Rugby Challenge 4. It's also being modded on PC. Rugby League 4 is also really great and a lot of people say it is the best, but again it's League Style.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:20 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I lived in NZ for about 2 years and have a huge appreciation of the sport. I prefer Rugby Union over Rugby League so I recommend the older game you should try is Rugby 08, it's still modded and updated on PC. There is also a Xbox 1/PS2 version. The newest best game I think is Rugby Challenge 4. It's also being modded on PC. Rugby League 4 is also really great and a lot of people say it is the best, but again it's League Style.
Ok cool, thank you!
I love the idea of playing 08, EA games from then are amazing. Some of my favourite sports games are in those years. I just want something with up to date rosters though.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 02-09-2022 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:22 AM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Rugby 22 is the newest release in terms of a rugby union game. It lacks Southern hemisphere licenses (Super Rugby) and lost the Premiership license, but it has been getting fairly positive reviews in terms of how it has built on its past versions.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Rugby 22 is the newest release in terms of a rugby union game. It lacks Southern hemisphere licenses (Super Rugby) and lost the Premiership license, but it has been getting fairly positive reviews in terms of how it has built on its past versions.
Great. I'll try it out. It's more to play a 6 Nations tournament. I saw footage of rugby 08, it would be so cool if there were mods.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 02-09-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Great. I'll try it out. It's more to play a 6 Nations tournament. I saw footage of rugby 08, it works be so cool if there were mods.

Unfortunately, England are not licensed, but the rest are.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Great. I'll try it out. It's more to play a 6 Nations tournament. I saw footage of rugby 08, it would be so cool if there were mods.
I don't know what platform you are on but Rugby 20 is on an Xbox sale now for $10. That would allow you to get a feel for that games' mechanics without paying full price for Rugby 22. Nz Eng SA and Aus are not licensed in Rugby 20 but rest of nationals are. Premiership is in too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I don't know what platform you are on but Rugby 20 is on an Xbox sale now for $10. That would allow you to get a feel for that games' mechanics without paying full price for Rugby 22. Nz Eng SA and Aus are not licensed in Rugby 20 but rest of nationals are. Premiership is in too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm on PS4, PC and any other console except for XBOXOne and SeriesX.
But I'm not too keen on the idea of buying a sports game even for $10 just to try the mechanics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »