Home

Lesnar looking for Couture next!?

This is a discussion on Lesnar looking for Couture next!? within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-24-2007, 03:22 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Lesnar looking for Couture next!?

I think the perfect matchup would be Lesnar vs Kimbo. Both are new to MMA, but I have to give the edge to Kimbo because his striking advantage outweighs Lesnar's wrestling advantage IMO.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 08-24-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:14 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGA_LOYAL_FAN
He could probably beat Sylvia though...

Maybe the half crippled Sylvia that Randy beat.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
--I don't know if Brock Lesnar has signed with UFC or not, but he's in Las Vegas for Saturday's fight and what he's doing is an angle and he and Dana White are on the same page. He's playing outsider heel, and apparently pretty well since some MMA folks who rip on wrestling fans for being stupid, are buying it. Randy Couture, who has his hands full right now, talked at the press conference yesterday saying he'd love the chance to fight Lesnar.
wrestlingobserver.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

How stupid. I guess it goes along with them giving airtime to reality show winners as well. He has great potential, but right now, he's an overpriced joke MMA fighter right now. He's only beat one suck *** fighter.

At least throw him in with Herring, Nog, or Arlovski first before he gets a title shot.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
How stupid. I guess it goes along with them giving airtime to reality show winners as well. He has great potential, but right now, he's an overpriced joke MMA fighter right now. He's only beat one suck *** fighter.

At least throw him in with Herring, Nog, or Arlovski first before he gets a title shot.
If he fought Nog there would be no title shot. Nog would ruin Lesnar. Just ask Bob Sapp where strength and athleticism gets you with Nogueira.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #14
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweiss
If he fought Nog there would be no title shot. Nog would ruin Lesnar. Just ask Bob Sapp where strength and athleticism gets you with Nogueira.
I never got the sapp hype. I can't remember him any other way than getting his eye socket broken by crocop and crying on the ground.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweiss
Now he's calling out the legends of MMA. Sorry Brock, not everything is as easy as it looks on TV.
LOL the only legend he called out is Couture.

I wouldn't dismiss Brock just yet. His wrestling is out of this world, if he could find a decent stand up game than I think he'd give a lot of fighters trouble. His huge, strong, and agile for his size...a dangerous combo.

Again he needs to work on his BJJ and stand up but the potential for him to be a good fighter is def. there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #16
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
LOL the only legend he called out is Couture.

I wouldn't dismiss Brock just yet. His wrestling is out of this world, if he could find a decent stand up game than I think he'd give a lot of fighters trouble. His huge, strong, and agile for his size...a dangerous combo.

Again he needs to work on his BJJ and stand up but the potential for him to be a good fighter is def. there.
Agreed, he is not Sapp, Sapp was exposed vs Crocop, infact, I think Lesner would end Sapp in a match, Kimbo as well.

Someone earlier said Kimbo's striking outdoes Lesnar's wrestling, think again. It is the other way around.

I say right now, even though Lesnar fought that tomato can at the Coli in L.A.

He could take Sylvia, Sapp, Kimbo.

Nog, Couture, and the like would end Lesnar, he is not ready for those types. Hell even a GSP, or Crocop although lighter by a lot, they could still end Lesnar at this point.

I think you all are not giving him enough credit, dude is a rookie in this sport, but I think this is the sport he was destined to be great in. Just my opinion, nothing more.

I'll be the first to say I was wrong if he gets owned in the sport, soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »