Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
miked
College Starter

OOTP League (UBL) needs one!

The UBL is entering the 2022 and we need one GM for the Houston Astros. We are a long-running (3+ yrs) partly/mostly FOFC league running v6.5, but we are switching to v2007 at the end of the offseason. If you are looking to try out your 2007 skills, look no further.

About the league: We have a 100M salary cap, 8/4 no trade clauses, no re-trading (flipping), FA compensation and more. Cuckoo's Cardinals have just won their 3rd UBL title (:grrrr and the UBL, especially NL Central, is ultra-competitive. You want to see good GMs and parity? The Orioles and Devil Rays are on top of the East, with the Yanks at the bottom for a few seasons. The Royals are a team to be reckoned with each season. The Expos and Marlins have run the East for a few years. The NL Central...the place where 86 wins may get your 4th or 5th place. The Pirates and Brewers have each recently grabbed a title, and the Reds are a 90-win team. The Padres and Rockies battle out each year for the West lead. It's an amazing time

The Astros are in decent shape. They have a nice mix of old and young. After back to back 90+ win seasons, they had to retool last season after a mediocre June, but finished in last place....6 games under .500! If that's not a challenge, I don't know what is. Be in the same division as Cuckoo, Lighthousekeeper and Arctus for bragging rights. Hit me up here, there, or email at mikedavis76 at hotmail dot com.

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

I would totally join, but I only have OOTP 6.5.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Wow, Fulton's actually leaving... I didn't know that.

This is a great league, and the NL Central is an incredibly tough division. If you want a challenge, this is your chance.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
miked
College Starter

He'll be back
Old 06-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

miked,

Would you be able to hold the spot for me until tomorrow night (I might not have time to get on the computer at home tonight)? I was actually looking at purchasing OOTP 2007 soon. Now might be a good time to do it.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Houston is definitely a good team to take over. They're either in a good position to take it to the next level or really screw up.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #7
BigMak
n00b

I have never done an online league but may be interested. How does it work?
BigMak is offline   Reply With Quote