Home

Old 02-06-2024, 05:34 PM   #20777
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Off-Topic

This whole Rock/Roman/Cody situation seems to get more confusing by every new report that comes out. It seems new reports contradict the old reports and now it's like who do we believe. We were told that Rock was doing this match in order to "save" Wrestlemania after the Vince news, Brock potentially being involved with Vince and Punk's injury. Yet another report stated Rock/Roman was agreed upon on January 3rd, before the Vince/Brock news came out and before Punk got injured.

SRS is now reporting that as of the week before the Rumble, Cody was told he was facing Roman and Punk was facing Rollins. At this point, it's a matter of waiting to see what they announce Thursday at the press conference but if they confirm Rock vs Roman, they are going to have to do a lot of muting the crowd on Smackdown because the fans will only get louder if Cody isn't involved.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:18 PM   #20778
All Star

OVR: 2

Dirt Sheet sites and wrestling “journalists” are talking out of the their *** and making it up as they go along? You don’t say.

Yeah I think it’s probably impossible to remove Lesnar from the game. Especially given the 40 years of Mania showcase. You gotta assume he’s got one or two matches in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-06-2024, 11:36 PM   #20779
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

In non Rock/Cody news.... WWE has agreed to a legends deal with Brian Pillman's estate.

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/144...pillman-estate
Old 02-07-2024, 10:44 AM   #20780
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Dirt Sheet sites and wrestling “journalists” are talking out of the their *** and making it up as they go along? You don’t say.

While I think dirt sheet writers generally get a bad rap, I think this week has been proof that when it comes to highly guarded plans such as the case with Mania, they’re playing from behind. There is a ton of conflicting stuff…some of it makes sense, some does not.

As of this moment, pre-press event, I want to see them have the courage to go Roman/Rock. It’s not what I wanted initially, but if they’re determined to put Cody on a path towards the world heavyweight title, that opens the door to a possible unification down the road which I’m ALL about.

That would still subject Rock/Roman to a possible volatile reaction in Philly. But if they want Roman to leave Mania with the title, getting Cody out of the picture is smart IMO.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:58 PM   #20781
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
While I think dirt sheet writers generally get a bad rap, I think this week has been proof that when it comes to highly guarded plans such as the case with Mania, they’re playing from behind. There is a ton of conflicting stuff…some of it makes sense, some does not.

As of this moment, pre-press event, I want to see them have the courage to go Roman/Rock. It’s not what I wanted initially, but if they’re determined to put Cody on a path towards the world heavyweight title, that opens the door to a possible unification down the road which I’m ALL about.

That would still subject Rock/Roman to a possible volatile reaction in Philly. But if they want Roman to leave Mania with the title, getting Cody out of the picture is smart IMO.

I definitely don't want another unification match.

We've had so many since they acquired WCW in the early 2000's - introducing and then dropping the WHC title numerous times - that I would like them to just keep it around.

This new version has only been around for less than a year, so the last thing the need to do is merge it (again) with the WWE/Universal title. Also, they need to drop the 'undisputed' line when announcing Roman's title.

Obviously, with another main belt on Raw that claim is invalid.

Doing a three - way match with Cody, Seth, and Drew is looking like the most sense. It'll give Drew something to do, an actual heel involved with the night one main event, sets up a 'rematch' between Cody - Drew night after 'Mania, and that will lead into Priest's cash-in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 02-07-2024 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2024, 01:27 PM   #20782
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

@J_Posse - I can’t offer you a ton of resistance as a ton of wrestling fans tend to agree with you. It actually surprises me how many people prefer two world titles but I am also aware that a generation of wrestling fans did grow up in the brand split era. Not saying that applies to you (!!)…just offering that I think many agree with you.

To me, I know Roman is playing a character, but you can’t have the “other” world title ran down the way he did on Smackdown on Friday night. He echoed what a lot of folks said when the belt was created; it’s secondary. And that’s always the case with two world titles; one always means more. I think that’s a fatal flaw but many are willing to live with that. I get it.

All that opinion aside, I’m also just trying to put together what I think happens. Cody flat out said he wasn’t challenging Roman at Mania for the more important title. But he also wants “Everything”. They can obviously backtrack if they want but if he sticks to his word, that makes me think he’d reluctantly go for Seth’s title with an eye still on “finishing the story” in the future.

Additionally, Cody as the biggest star already shows up on both shows. Unite the titles and soften the brand split is the way I’d go long term. They probably won’t and I’m fine with that; just my thoughts in this current moment of suspense.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:35 PM   #20783
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

I am curious how Priest plays into things though. I feel like he was given the briefcase as a reward for his stellar work around that Bad Bunny match. But as time has gone on, I don’t see a guy primed for a world title run. To J_Posse’s point, that is the benefit of two world titles bc it COULD happen. Otherwise he’d be a non-factor with or without the briefcase. My gut feeling though is that Priest is a failed cash-in waiting to happen.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:30 PM   #20784

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Laurinaitis admits WWE management knew about the whole Ashley Massaro incident/covered it up.

Apparently the woman involved in this all is in her 40s? The (old) pic going around of her makes it look like she's some girl just out of college. Not that the actions were any less illegal, but makes you wonder how intentional this was by her legal teams side? Sounds creepier hearing about a guy in his 70s doing this with a woman in her 20s vs a man in his 70s and a woman in her 40s.

Last edited by Majingir; 02-07-2024 at 06:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »