Home

Old 09-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #18377

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead2009
They absolutely could have given him what he wanted. He wanted to do the Japan thing, I doubt they would have let him wrestle the way HE wanted to over in New Japan considering that style. Same with the indies.
He actually said in the post PPV media room that WWE offered to let him work other promotions, so I believe NJPW was on the table.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:01 PM   #18378

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Bryan's exit from WWE wasn't a bad one unlike many others, so him in AEW is more just a case of a change of scenery, and you know he'll have fun competing against all these different talent. Even if he's faced a number of them before, it's been so long, they're completely different wrestlers.

If he ever wants to return to WWE, no doubt the door is open.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:12 AM   #18379
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
He actually said in the post PPV media room that WWE offered to let him work other promotions, so I believe NJPW was on the table.
All the dirt sheets said nothing came from the WWE/NJPW talks so it wouldn't have happened. I think Bryan not only wants some matches over there but with AEW's top talent as well and obviously no way WWE was going to let him for for both them and AEW (nor would AEW likely want that either). Bryan also emphasized professional wrestling and we know that's not how WWE likes to identify...he wants great matches and really what was there left for him to do in WWE that would satisfy that hunger?
Old 09-08-2021, 03:37 PM   #18380
All Star

OVR: 2

He could have gone to NXT

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #18381

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

That's what I was thinking was happening when they did the stipulation of him leaving SD. He'd show up in NXT and face Balor, Cole, Gargano, Ciampa and so on. Clearly it didn't happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if they knew the direction NXT was headed and told him things wouldn't be like that for much longer in NXT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #18382
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491

Lol, you’re not serious…right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #18383
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's what I was thinking was happening when they did the stipulation of him leaving SD. He'd show up in NXT and face Balor, Cole, Gargano, Ciampa and so on. Clearly it didn't happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if they knew the direction NXT was headed and told him things wouldn't be like that for much longer in NXT.

Why would he go to NXT? AEW is clearly more desirable than NXT in every single way other than if you want to live in FL and hardly ever leave.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #18384

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Why would he go to NXT? AEW is clearly more desirable than NXT in every single way other than if you want to live in FL and hardly ever leave.

It depends on what he wanted in his career. If his career was winding down, NXT would've be a nice place to go for the summer before he goes to Raw or something and enters into his final feud(s). I believe that was what the rumors were earlier this year, that his contract was coming up and his time as a full timer might be coming to an end as he just goes for a part time deal.

But obviously it seems like he has quite a fair amount of mileage left, so he won't be stopping soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »