Old 09-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #11105
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Interesting comments by Jericho when talking about the Festival of Friendship. Basically the plan for the festival was everything we saw happen, but because Mr.McMahon wasn't backstage, there were other people trying to change things(and basically just have Owens attack Jericho with no build at all) and Jericho was fighting for the list of KO reveal all day long.

Thankfully they did go with Jerichos idea because that was the best part of the entire segment. Still one of my fave betrayals in WWE history.
Really would've been a lame way to end the partnership without the Festival payoff ... although that feud never really took off after that and just fizzled out by WM.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 01:02 AM   #11106

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Really would've been a lame way to end the partnership without the Festival payoff ... although that feud never really took off after that and just fizzled out by WM.
Fizzled out? Owens took Jericho out of WWE. If there's one thing to not like it's Jerichos return. Basically just WWE wanting ratings and brought him back for 1 random night for his first and only appearance since the beatdown.

No doubt next time he returns he'll be involved with Owens again. Would be nice getting a Jericho and Zayn thing going. Zayn needs that push.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:10 AM   #11107
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Watching an NXT episode from 2013 and it's hard to believe Rusev and Scott Dawson were a tag team at some point.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 AM   #11108
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

If anyone is looking for info on the status of the Broken gimmick recently here you go. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/s...22649401520128

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #11109

Majingir's Arena

Michael Cole won't be on Raw this week(attending his sons wedding).

Crazy fact, this is only 2nd time he's missed WWE shows in 20 years! I know commentators aren't like superstars and they aren't on the road 4-6 days a week or something, but still, barely ever missing anything for 20 years, that's ultimate dedication.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #11110

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Crazy fact, this is only 2nd time he's missed WWE shows in 20 years! I know commentators aren't like superstars and they aren't on the road 4-6 days a week or something, but still, barely ever missing anything for 20 years, that's ultimate dedication.
Yeah, lucky us lol.

From all I hear behind the scenes Michael Cole is a real good guy. Unfortunately he just happens to be the guy that Vince molded into the most phony, unclever, unnatural, TV host whose influence has more than likely ruined pro wrestling play-by-play commentary for at least the next 20 years. Look who Vince chooses as the next in line: Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #11111
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, lucky us lol.

From all I hear behind the scenes Michael Cole is a real good guy. Unfortunately he just happens to be the guy that Vince molded into the most phony, unclever, unnatural, TV host whose influence has more than likely ruined pro wrestling play-by-play commentary for at least the next 20 years. Look who Vince chooses as the next in line: Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton.
It was going to be difficult for anyone to follow both Jim Ross and Attitude Era as the voice of WWE. Cole hasn't always been my favorite, but he's done a pretty solid job through the years.

As far as Tom Phillips goes, he's possibly the best lead announcer in WWE. I like Mauro Ranallo too, but Phillips is solid. He and Corey Graves were great in NXT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #11112

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
It was going to be difficult for anyone to follow both Jim Ross and Attitude Era as the voice of WWE. Cole hasn't always been my favorite, but he's done a pretty solid job through the years.

As far as Tom Phillips goes, he's possibly the best lead announcer in WWE. I like Mauro Ranallo too, but Phillips is solid. He and Corey Graves were great in NXT!
It's not so much about comparing Cole to JR or anything, it's just simply the script WWE has for their commentators and the way they say things. Cole was fine for the first half of his career. Once they did that big shakeup moving him to Raw about 10 years ago is when you could tell they were really changing things up. I think guys like Tazz and Foley among others all quit on SD cause of how much guys were "getting in their ear".

That's why someone like Graves and Booker stand out because they're on commentary just speaking naturally instead of by a script. Or the endless amount of guys WWE hires who sound so similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »