Home

Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #9601
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
My main takeaway from that card is that you have a bunch of guys who are somewhat over, but the 50/50 booking style makes them seem blah because we've seen them all lose big matches and small matches over and over. The part-timers aren't subjected to that. It's one of the reasons I loved Brock's part-time title run a few years back.
Yeah I mean they have no one to blame but themselves with their ***-backwards booking for years now. AJ Styles is a prime example; he was easily the best thing about WWE in 2016 and it wasn't even close, best champion since Brock in 2014 IMO (I also loved that title run). Now they are throwing him away for Randy f'n Orton and leaving him with absolutely nothing meaningful for WM. At least bring up Nakamura for AJ at WM so he doesn't have to wrestle someone like The Miz or even worse
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #9602

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Did you already forget WM 32? Lol

Though I don't blame you at all, wish I could forget it happened as well.
True but last year's had at least two matches that I was interested in that turned out disappointing. From the rumored card I read there isn't a single match at this year's Wrestlemania that I'm interested in, who knows maybe that will turn out to be a good thing.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #9603
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles at WrestleMania. Make it happen.

If not, AJ vs Shinsuke Nakamura.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:41 AM   #9604
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah I mean they have no one to blame but themselves with their ***-backwards booking for years now. AJ Styles is a prime example; he was easily the best thing about WWE in 2016 and it wasn't even close, best champion since Brock in 2014 IMO (I also loved that title run). Now they are throwing him away for Randy f'n Orton and leaving him with absolutely nothing meaningful for WM. At least bring up Nakamura for AJ at WM so he doesn't have to wrestle someone like The Miz or even worse
Spoiler
What are you talking about? The Miz is the best heel in WWE. And its not even close.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:44 AM   #9605
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
What are you talking about? The Miz is the best heel in WWE. And its not even close.

Sure but his ring work bores me. AJ deserves a WM opponent who can hang with him in the ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #9606
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My fantasy booking, because whatever:

Let's have Bray Wyatt win the title at Elimination Chamber and pair him off with Randy Orton at WrestleMania to bring that pot to its inevitable boiling point.

Up next, Dean Ambrose needs an Intercontinental championship opponent. Heel Ziggler? Baron Corbin? Luke Harper? Apollo Crews? How about we throw Kalisto in with those five and have a cluster**** ladder match again to open the show? That'd be fun! (please do not take that as sarcasm, I'm being sincere here)

If he can do it - which he probably can't, but we're in fantasy land here so let's just go with it - Daniel Bryan gets fed up with the insults and takes on The Miz in a one-off. In the extremely likely outcome that DB is truly 100% done a la Shawn Michaels, however, either throw Miz in the ladder match or let him get some mic shine in a promo bit with a Rock or Stone Cold type. Miz doesn't necessarily need a match on the card to be entertaining and valuable.

Alexa Bliss vs Nikki Bella for the Women's Championship makes a fair amount of sense, so let's stick with that. Smackdown tag title match, whoever takes on American Alpha, will probably going on the pre-show.

Finally, let's pair off AJ Styles and John Cena in an Iron Man match to prove who runs the place. Just about every match those two have put on has been match of the year caliber so let's just give them an hour of ring time because they can do it. I legitimately want to see this. WWE, please do this.

I feel like that's a good framework for Wrestlemania being a good wrestling show. Which isn't necessarily what it's about, but I've focused on Smackdown here, which is a more pure wrestling show, so that bled over a bit.

I have no idea what to do with RAW. That show is a god damn mess. So I won't even try.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #9607
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I strongly disagree. Some guy over at r/SC made a WM 33 card without part-timers (including Cena). It's extremely bleh and doesn't have a WM feel to it at all. Here it is:

Whether you guys like part-timers or not, they are still extremely vital to WrestleMania; this card is a prime example of that. There's barely a hint of star power on this card.
The rumored card itself looks weak as **** and doesn't look like a Mania card unless you count a (pathetic) rematch of Goldberg/Lesnar.

As much as I have praised WWE recently, there isn't one damn much on that weak *** card that I care about.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #9608
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If the payoff to the whole Orton/Wyatt angle is Orton winning the RR and Bray winning the title next month and then facing off at WrestleMania, that's pretty disappointing. I was thinking they'd do something along the lines of Orton and Bray taking out Harper and running through the roster for a while before Orton eventually turns on Bray and reveals he got Bray to turn on Harper because that's the only way he could get him in a 1 on 1 match. They also don't come across as guys that would mesh well in the ring

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »