Home

Old 09-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #9209

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: WWE Off-Topic

One thing I find hypocritical of Punk is when he spoke about The Rock and him taking a Wrestlemania spot from someone. Dude you literally just did same thing and you made $500,000 while the loser Mickey Gall only made $30,000 and he won.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #9210
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
One thing I find hypocritical of Punk is when he spoke about The Rock and him taking a Wrestlemania spot from someone. Dude you literally just did same thing and you made $500,000 while the loser Mickey Gall only made $30,000 and he won.
More like 1.8 million after ppv buys.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:17 PM   #9211

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Could care less about MMA for the most part, but I wonder what the effect of dropping 20 pounds from his usual wrestling weight was. He looked skinny as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #9212
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
This is a guy who has no sort of wrestling/jiu jitsu/boxing/kickboxing background. Guys/girls in the UFC trained for years some even decades training in some sort of combat sport. 2 years training is not enough to get prepared. Anyone who thought the outcome would be different is being very naive.

Had he gone full on Conor and talked trash saying how he could beat anyone in the UFC then yeah I would agree that he embarrassed himself. All he did was try something that he loves and now hopefully this was just a bucket list type thing and stops because the lofe span of a MMA fighter with a clearly broken body is very very short.

I'm not knocking him for trying. I'm knocking him for accepting a fight on a PPV card and looking like a joke. He didn't earn his way onto that card. Which is especially hypocritical considering his comments towards some WWE part timers. If it turns out he donates all of his paycheck to charity then it would change my opinion of it. But even then I'd still be glad he got his *** kicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #9213
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Why would Gall even agree to that?
Old 09-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #9214
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Gail knew no other UFC fight would bring the type of attention a CM Punk would. Agreed to a low payday with the hope that it would payoff on the back end. Start demanding more money and the UFC could have given his spot to someone else.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #9215

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
That's the UFC fighter pay scale for ya. He has no choice in how much he gets paid, like areobee said Gall asks for more money he loses his spot and possibly the chance to get booked. Punk got paid the same amount as Stipe Miocic, the Heavyweight champion.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #9216
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Funny that you know whats going on in my head. If you look back through the history of this forum, I have defended Punk on leaving many times. Its the fact that he has been a **** ever since he left that made me glad he got his ### kicked. All of the smarks chanting his name during WWE live events sure didn't help either.
What are you talking about? I never said I knew what was in your head

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »