Home

TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series

This is a discussion on TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-16-2024, 04:10 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
Has anyone else had an issue with losing control of your player while serving? Seems to go into an automatic serve animation.
Yeah, I have. Found out it was drift on my DualSense - just a bit that would push my analog sticks to extreme directions for just a split second. Unfortunately, when it happens on the right stick it can be enough to trigger an advanced serve.

I had it in both sticks, which was also causing my player to walk along the service line before a serve without me touching the left stick. Found out by starting up The Show and just messing around with the pitching cursor on in practice mode. I hadn't really noticed it prior to playing Topspin.

Fortunately, I have a spare controller which isn't doing it (yet). I don't really know much about fixing drift - or if you can. Best I can suggest is if it happens on the first serve and you fault (which will very likely happen if it's like what I had), pause and move the stick around a bit just to try to re-center it. Given the way tennis is scored, that first fault isn't going to hurt you too much if it only happens every so often - it's the double that you really don't want to have happening very often.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-16-2024 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2024, 10:42 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I have. Found out it was drift on my DualSense - just a bit that would push my analog sticks to extreme directions for just a split second. Unfortunately, when it happens on the right stick it can be enough to trigger an advanced serve.

I had it in both sticks, which was also causing my player to walk along the service line before a serve without me touching the left stick. Found out by starting up The Show and just messing around with the pitching cursor on in practice mode. I hadn't really noticed it prior to playing Topspin.

Fortunately, I have a spare controller which isn't doing it (yet). I don't really know much about fixing drift - or if you can. Best I can suggest is if it happens on the first serve and you fault (which will very likely happen if it's like what I had), pause and move the stick around a bit just to try to re-center it. Given the way tennis is scored, that first fault isn't going to hurt you too much if it only happens every so often - it's the double that you really don't want to have happening very often.
I notice that this happens on XBox too if you hold a button or the stick well before the serve takes place. The LS you can fix by holding it before the next serve, but I wasn’t able to fix the button push one and had to quit.

I only ran into it because I pressed A twice by accident after a point to get to the next screen/point and it just started automatically serving non-stop.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:44 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I notice that this happens on XBox too if you hold a button or the stick well before the serve takes place. The LS you can fix by holding it before the next serve, but I wasn’t able to fix the button push one and had to quit.

I only ran into it because I pressed A twice by accident after a point to get to the next screen/point and it just started automatically serving non-stop.
Yeah this has been happening to me too. I have some slight stick drift, but even pausing and resetting that doesn’t fix it. The only thing that’s worked has been pausing and turning my controller on and off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 08:41 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3

After reading on the TopSpin Reddit, it’s a widespread issue with “forced faults”. They are working on a patch.
Old 05-16-2024, 09:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo_jax2000
After reading on the TopSpin Reddit, it’s a widespread issue with “forced faults”. They are working on a patch.
Interesting. I can say for sure that drift is present for me because of the service line walk thing (and from seeing the feedback in The Show's pitching cursor). Can't say for 100% certain that it's the right drift triggering an advanced serve, but it seemed to be the logical conclusion. It's not buttons for me because I've let entire scenes play out pre-serve and it still triggered as soon as it went back to gameplay.

Wonder how they're going to fix it.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2024, 02:54 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Interesting. I can say for sure that drift is present for me because of the service line walk thing (and from seeing the feedback in The Show's pitching cursor). Can't say for 100% certain that it's the right drift triggering an advanced serve, but it seemed to be the logical conclusion. It's not buttons for me because I've let entire scenes play out pre-serve and it still triggered as soon as it went back to gameplay.

Wonder how they're going to fix it.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I didn’t have any problems until after the latest patch they released. I’m assuming something in that patch caused the fault issue. Stick drift can be the cause for some of us, but everyone shouldn’t be having the issue. I guess one thing they could do is revert back to a previous patch.

For Series X users, there is a recalibration option in the settings menu to offset stick drift. I don’t see any option on PS5

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »