Home

hitting difficulties on hall of fame

This is a discussion on hitting difficulties on hall of fame within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-08-2022, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
hitting difficulties on hall of fame

trying to get into the game this year but having a heck of a time hitting on hall of fame with default sliders. I use pure analog with stride and it seems like I can always get good contact on the ball (says good in feedback) yet anytime I get a lot of bat on it, it is either a sharp line out or a fly ball.

Granted I am using Pittsburgh who isn't good, but 10 games into my franchise, I am lucky to get 2 runs a game and average about 4 hits.

This place has been a huge help to me in the past so I figured I would come here and see if there is some sliders I might need to adjust to actually see real life hits and hit totals because the way the game plays for me now makes it hard to want to invest a ton of time in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2022, 08:30 AM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: hitting difficulties on hall of fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
trying to get into the game this year but having a heck of a time hitting on hall of fame with default sliders. I use pure analog with stride and it seems like I can always get good contact on the ball (says good in feedback) yet anytime I get a lot of bat on it, it is either a sharp line out or a fly ball.

Granted I am using Pittsburgh who isn't good, but 10 games into my franchise, I am lucky to get 2 runs a game and average about 4 hits.

This place has been a huge help to me in the past so I figured I would come here and see if there is some sliders I might need to adjust to actually see real life hits and hit totals because the way the game plays for me now makes it hard to want to invest a ton of time in it.
I'm sure you'd get various answers on this, but I'm on HOF, no slider adjustments, and it's working fine for me. I'm also on classic pitching and directional hitting so I can't speak on analog hitting.

My suggestions are that 10 games is wayyyy too small of a sample size. The game has good and bad stretches and you might just be starting off in a bad stretch that will end soon.

I wouldn't mess with sliders, just keep playing through it and if you need to lower pitch speed you can try that.

Been playing the series since its inception, so that's just my 2 cents.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:56 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus

Play way more than 10 games before even worrying about sliders (80-100 games minimum). Also, if it seems consistently too hard, drop down to AS or AS+ and then you can work back up to HOF later if you need to.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use to be one of those that wanted to play on harder difficulties. I played on HOF for the longest for batting and pitching. Had more bad games then good. (I play The Show all year around, btw) The games were not enjoyable for me much… more frustrating LoL)
I drop down to All-Star difficulty for both with adjusted sliders and now I enjoy the game the most this way!! I can throw a 2 hitter one game, and get 10-12 hits. Next game I can get slammed letting up a lot of hits and only score 1 or 2 runs.
All-Star just feels most balanced difficulty for an Ole MLB The Show vet.
Maybe try moving down one to All-Star difficulty and see how it goes for you!

Last edited by JBoo2911; 07-08-2022 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:52 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I agree with everything above. I would suggest not adjusting sliders based on a 10 game sample size, especially at the beginning of the season, because everything is magnified there. Had you been averaging 5 runs a game on 7 hits over the season then ran into this 10 game stretch say June/July/August, you would be thinking, "wow this team is in a slump"

Keep playing and trying to make good contact, the breaks will turn.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2022, 04:43 PM   #6
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I have no idea if this is still the case but I have not heard that it changed. But a while ago, '18 I think, I had a discussion with one of the Devs. All Star was originally what was used as the Median Difficulty. It is the one level where there is no buff to either the player or the AI. I have always played there as I use the Classic Control mentality to have as much stat based results as I can get. I have been pretty happy with my results. I may tweak a slider here or there thru the years. But I am pretty comfortable at All Star.

Again I have no evidence that this is still the case. I am just throwing in my little two cents of info into the mix.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »