Home

Legends team lose all end of season

This is a discussion on Legends team lose all end of season within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Legends team lose all end of season

I need help. I’ve spent hrs trying to figure this out. I’ll create a legends team. Minors too. Once the season starts I lose a lot of them. Why? I signed them from Free Agency for 15 years. They all have to do with waivers or something. Teams have two days to get them or they go to the minors. This is insane. This is in my first season. I’ll edit the team. Remove all players. Add the free agency legends. Then start season. Lose everyone almost.

If I’m lucky and don’t lose a some then I’ll lose them again at the end of the season. Pretty much most all go away and other teams get them. This is pointless to play. I spent months playing a season in franchise. Season over. World Series over. In the off season they all get lost and teams get them.

So how can I create a team without losing anyone? It seems this is impossible. I will edit roster before I start a franchise. Get the team and line ups etc how I want. Start the chise. Lose a lot when season starts. Teams don’t get players much. So they go to minors and I have to figure things out. End of season. Lose almost everyone. Players on or off 40 man. Don’t matter. Players are gone for next season.

Another way to do this is start chise with default rosters. Then sim spring training. Then release everyone and get free agent legends. But then same thing happens end of year etc. lose everyone.

So now I have no interest in the show unless there’s a way to not lose everyone. This is insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Legends team lose all end of season

Do the Legends players have player options available?

If not, when you go to start the regular season and they need to be moved to the minors, if they do not have option years then they are subjected to waivers where they can be claimed by other teams.

I'm not sure you can add option years to legend players, but that appears to be what is needed to prevent this from happening.

At the end of the season you're saying players are gone, are they retiring?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-29-2021, 08:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok so options. Yea. Umm. You don’t get to do anything with that I think. But then why not take all players instead of just some? Lose not take. I forget about options though. But they’re all the same. If none then all are none. Then why do only some players get removed?

When I say players lost I mean remove from team. Not retire. Most of them get removed and then other teams get them.

Which is the best way to do this though?

Edit the team before starting chise? Or starting chise with default roster then sim spring training. Then release everyone and add the legends?

And then couldn’t I force trade to get back my players that were removed and others got them?
Old 12-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a3775
Ok so options. Yea. Umm. You don’t get to do anything with that I think. But then why not take all players instead of just some? Lose not take. I forget about options though. But they’re all the same. If none then all are none. Then why do only some players get removed?

When I say players lost I mean remove from team. Not retire. Most of them get removed and then other teams get them.

Which is the best way to do this though?

Edit the team before starting chise? Or starting chise with default roster then sim spring training. Then release everyone and add the legends?

And then couldn’t I force trade to get back my players that were removed and others got them?
At the start of the season, you have to subtract 14 players (40 man Spring Training roster down to active 26 man roster) which then subjects those 14 players to optional waivers, if they have no player options available. That is why you're only losing some and not the entire roster.

At the end of the season, I'm not sure since you stated that all players are signed to 15 year contracts.

The best option for you would likely be 30 team control so that you can manually control all teams rosters and therefore, if something were to happen where a player were to get removed from the team, you could simply add him back on.

Old 12-29-2021, 08:50 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

One other thing that can cause issues with Legend-heavy rosters/squads is if budgets are turned on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2021, 08:59 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Good call. Didn't even think about that

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »