Home

CPU and 3pt Shooting

This is a discussion on CPU and 3pt Shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2021, 11:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
CPU and 3pt Shooting

I know its a pre-season game but d*** Golden State has attempted 36 3pointers... at the half smh lol...

Can 2k even implement something like this in where we can get the CPU to chunk up that many 3s... at a half?... and Portland has 25 too.

Now I havent played against GS or Portland so far so maybe this happens but I seriously doubt it. I have to butcher the sliders and do a rehaul on player edits to get the CPU to take at least 30 3pt attempts a game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: CPU and 3pt Shooting

I didn't realize they had shot that many 3 pointers tonight but I dont watch preseason. But that many in a half is not going to happen often even in the 3 point happy nba of today. The most I think I have seen the CPU take in a game vs me is like 44.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:02 AM   #3
Pro

Yea its an outlier but it would be nice to see the CPU have the capability of shooting that many 3s...Hell Utah averaged 43 attempts last season. And just watching some of the preseason games tonight, I was just reminded of how many contested 3s are taken in a game.

The CPU rarely just pulls up in your face from 3. But thats what we see...especially in today's game. Now I'm able to get that some with editing the player tendencies but its not organic.

But with it being a video game, Im pretty satisfied with it.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:04 AM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Yea its an outlier but it would be nice to see the CPU have the capability of shooting that many 3s...Hell Utah averaged 43 attempts last season. And just watching some of the preseason games tonight, I was just reminded of how many contested 3s are taken in a game.

The CPU rarely just pulls up in your face from 3. But thats what we see...especially in today's game. Now I'm able to get that some with editing the player tendencies but its not organic.

But with it being a video game, Im pretty satisfied with it.

Yeah I hear you also you like never seen the CPU take those long like Curry rage type of 3 pointers that more and more guys are taking now days.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 10-05-2021 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:15 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Yeah I hear you also you like never seen the CPU take those long like Curry wage type of 3 pointers that more and more guys are taking now days.
Yep haven't seen it yet. But I haven't played against Curry, Lillard, or Trey Young yet. So maybe its there, they got a badge for it I think

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2021, 12:18 AM   #6
MVP

I hope not. If I wanted to watch a pickup game vibe with constant threes I’d go to an amateur park.

50 threes a game in 2K would be insufferable. They might drive too much in the game but I’d rather that than constant threes. I prefer 2K trying to simulate real basketball with multitudes of offensive strategies. Not modern NBA three ball that which will inevitably have to be mitigated by higher ups as it continues to aid a ratings decline.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:31 AM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Unfortunately they won't commit the time/resources necessary to fix all the tendencies for players and coaches(probably including having to rewrite some aspects of the game that is hardcoded) so the game will still reflect the NBA of the past to a large degree even with changes made by the User to ameliorate things.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:36 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I hope not. If I wanted to watch a pickup game vibe with constant threes I’d go to an amateur park.

50 threes a game in 2K would be insufferable. They might drive too much in the game but I’d rather that than constant threes. I prefer 2K trying to simulate real basketball with multitudes of offensive strategies. Not modern NBA three ball that which will inevitably have to be mitigated by higher ups as it continues to aid a ratings decline.
I feel ya. But some people want to imulate how the game is played today which is 3pt shooting and more spread offense. Now this may not be ideal basketball but its how the game is today. And I'm pretty sure 2k knows this, thats why they have all these offensive badges.

We're probably 3-5 years away from the user being able to determine what simulation style they want the AI to play like. Such is 90s ball or current ball, and the AI will be hard-coded to play either style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »