Home

The Show 22 Wishlist

This is a discussion on The Show 22 Wishlist within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Show 22 Wishlist

This game has huge potential for franchise mode, but outside a little lipstick and moving some menus it has been the same for a long time.

The biggest part of building a franchise is player development in your farm system and being able to recognize talent coming out of hs and college via the draft, and also international signing.
I would love an NBA 2k style scouting report but more in-depth giving a breakdown of a player with player comps, and possible career projection high/low like everyday starter low, and All-Star or MVP or Hall of Fame potential.
With so many great players we should have the ability to sign international players and have a system where you build connections with different organizations in say the DR, PR, MX, ETC.
Adding an RPG-type skill point system will allow you to have better/ more info on player and better ability in signing international players.

This would add depth to your 162 game season and not make it a grind to the off-season.Also, allow you develop your team internally while building a closer connection to the players you brought in and developed.

What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The Show 22 Wishlist

For the Wish List please add Carry Over Saves

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

1. Make it possible to edit the names and appearance of all managers, hitting coaches, pitching coaches, base coaches, etc. at the MLB level as well as in the minor leagues.
2. Make it possible to edit the names and appearances of all umpires.
3. Add a feature where teams can hire, fire, and promote managers all around the league. Let's say the Yankees have been underwhelming for 3 years. Make it where they can hire the Padres manager if he's doing great. The Padres can promote their hitting coach if they want or promote their AAA minor league manager to MLB manager. If the Rangers are struggling, make it possible for them to hire the Rays' pitching coach as manager. In other words, make it a living and breathing league all across the board. This is also where # 1 on my wishlist becomes important with the ability to edit names.
4. Add thousands of new sound effects. Make it where the Tomahawk Chop in Atlanta is there right out of the box instead of having to add it from Sounds of The Show. Do the same with commercial jet flyovers, planes, sirens, ships in San Francisco, etc. Make the stadiums come alive with all sorts of cheers, boos, yells, sounds, and music.
5. As far as music goes, make it possible where we can select songs. Instead of the user having to clip and fit the music into the game, it's done for us. Between innings, you'll hear clips of the music you've chosen.
6. Add fights and bench-clearing brawls. Make it where these can lead to suspensions and getting thrown out of the game too.
7. During spring training, if a game is tied after 9 innings of play, it ends in a tie. The game doesn't count in the standings, but the statistics do. This is how it's done in real MLB. You never see spring training games go into extra innings.
8. To go along with points # 1 and # 3 on this list, every manager and coach have their very own ability to manage and develop talent. For instance, the Yankees' hitting coach may be known for developing average players into very good contact hitters. The A's pitching coach may be known for developing pitching prospects much better than say the Indians' pitching coach and so on. If the Twins are struggling with power, make it where they can hire the White Sox hitting coach who had 3 starters the year before who hit 40+ homeruns. Integrate this to work with the managers and coaches in the minor leagues too.
9. Feature several new announcers. Some of the voices have grown stale. Keep them too, but add new ones as well. Make it random as to who calls the games on any given day.
10. Rotate the interleague schedule every season. If nothing else, go back to the year all the current teams started playing together and use that schedule the next season and on and on.
11. Add custom draft boards that can be created from the many talented guys on this board such as Ridin and others and downloaded from the vault.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 09-29-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
The Show 22 Wishlist

I just wrapped up my franchise tonight so that’ll be it for The Show 21. I was extremely happy with this year’s edition. I’ve played Offline Franchise primarily since March. I lost in the wild card as the A’s vs Twins. The Dodgers went on the take the World Series. The first two items on my wishlist I think are likely to be in The Show 22.

1. Sounds of the Show for Xbox Series S/X/PS5
2. Night games with Created Stadiums
3. Improved AI for managing the CPU bullpen.
4. Improved player likeliness. There are more tattoos in the game this year but there is a lot of room to add more for other players
5. More customization options for created stadium ie Dugouts and Bullpens. If we could have an option to import customer art files from online sources that would be epic. This is probably impossible because it would be abused.

I’d take any one of this additions to 22 but I really missed SOTS this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jdl24; 09-30-2021 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

1. Start today franchise mode

2. Start today franchise mode

3. Start today franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2021, 10:02 AM   #6
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

First what an outstanding game! Thank you

A few ideas for 22:

1) franchise created player carry overs.

2) Shoulder Patches Advertisements on fences Team logos transferred from internet pictures.

3) Option of no flaps Shrink the helmet to fit the temple not the ears.
Some of the smaller players look so ridiculous with that huge helmet.
The legends helmets look excellent and there's no flap on many.

4) We cannot bring the playing field level scoreboard even with fence. Patruding light prevents scoreboard from coming closer to fence. Allow scoreboard to incorporate with fence no penalty.

5) Give us an option of no batter's eye like most of the classic parks.

6) Offer long thick posts in stadium creation also the city scenes in the created stadiums offered are outstanding please offer this background as an option in create a stadium picture included.

7) Audio upgrade Please announce
Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves, Kansas City Athletics, Cincinnati Redlegs.
Redlegs isn't offered.

That's it for now thanksScreenshot_20211002-080137_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20211002-075857_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20211002-083414_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20211002-081740_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20211002-075232_Gallery.jpegScreenshot_20211002-074830_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 10-02-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 PM   #7
Rookie

We need cloth physics/uniform template update in the worst possible way! I’m okay with the player models I guess … but this really needs a facelift … been the same since PS2! Some more animations in the outfield on dives … other than that I’m great with this game! I always ask for more 90s legends and we’ve gotten more every year so …

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Oh also taking a page out of NBA 2K … it would be magical to have every stadiums PA announcer

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »