Home

Think EA Needs Two Separate Presentation Models

This is a discussion on Think EA Needs Two Separate Presentation Models within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2020, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

Samusic78's Arena

OVR: 0
Think EA Needs Two Separate Presentation Models

Dude we got so
Many bugs on this Madden 21 it’s so bad. But again they take things out than to build upon them. I personally like realism to a game and details. Gameplay is top of the list. But I want the real details. First the beginning presentation I don’t like last years was real good it was more realistic. I mean what they have now is good for the arcade style. Not in franchise. They moved the pace real quick which is ok again for arcade but not for real simulation football. They need to separate the two. And simulation needs highlights. The modes should show this like mlb The show has. Simulation needs to introduce the players of each team. and the conclusion of the game terrible with the same half cut pictures instead of the top highlight plays. And the players and coaches meeting on the field after the game. Simulation mode should have this and the half time show needs to stick with again highlights! That’s why I said here they go again ea taking stuff out. It disappointing and don’t get me started on the #fixfrancise I hope these can be adress amoung other things with patches or not come madden 22

Last edited by Samusic78; 09-09-2020 at 03:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 10:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Re: Think EA Needs Two Separate Presentation Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samusic78
Dude we got so
Many bugs on this Madden 21 it’s so bad. But again they take things out than to build upon them. I personally like realism to a game and details. Gameplay is top of the list. But I want the real details. First the beginning presentation I don’t like last years was real good it was more realistic. I mean what they have now is good for the arcade style. Not in franchise. They moved the pace real quick which is ok again for arcade but not for real simulation football. They need to separate the two. And simulation needs highlights. The modes should show this like mlb The show has. Simulation needs to introduce the players of each team. and the conclusion of the game terrible with the same half cut pictures instead of the top highlight plays. And the players and coaches meeting on the field after the game. Simulation mode should have this and the half time show needs to stick with again highlights! That’s why I said here they go again ea taking stuff out. It disappointing and don’t get me started on the #fixfrancise I hope these can be adress amoung other things with patches or not come madden 22

100% agree with this. Maddens presentation has always been too much arcade style and not enough broadcast. I get not everyone wants the full broadcast experience and have to x through it all, but it would be better if it was at least available in a separate presentation view in franchise. If its done correctly it could add so much life to your franchise and keep you connected with whats going on in your game and around the league.

I've been hopping on Maddens presentation for years, and not sure what it would take to get them to move the needle, but if they really are going to start paying attention to franchise they gotta fix the presentation as well. It goes hand in hand for a good quality franchise mode with broadcast presentation.

Below is an old post that i made a couple years back. I kind of cringed when i re-read this, lol! but i still feel the same way today as i did a couple years back on how EA has approached presentation. They are completely missing the boat on what franchise players want.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-part-ii.html
Old 09-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

I think they need seperate games, period.

Have a mainstream game (Online, MUT) strip everything else out.

Have a franchise-style game that isn't released every year. Pack it with this stuff. Pack it with the story mode they seem intent on selling. Go deep, without the restraints of a yearly development cycle.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I find it hilarious that when you skip the halftime show, the announcer says "Annnd we are back" or eludes to us skipping the halftime show.

Of course we are skipping it! Nothing exciting about it

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-10-2020, 01:48 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, I have found on these boards that tastes for presentation vary greatly.....so options are always nice. For replays for example, I would think 4 or 5 levels of frequency would be appropriate....something like:
1. Never
2. Rarely (Big Plays)
3. Occasionally
4. Frequently
5. Always

And maybe have a separate/similar option for cutscenes.

I find pace of play to be a huge part of the gaming experience. So nice to be able to customize that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I'm on the side for just making individual games for each mode. Hear me out. Ask this simple question: What's easier to patch and fix, individual games with one specific code and function or one game full of mini game modes with multiple codes and functions?

I'm hoping that the future is 2K doing standalone Yard game, a standalone story mode game and then EA doing standalone Franchise sim and a standalone MUT game. Four games, yes, but for all of you that feel like these companies want to gouge us for every penny, then selling four games instead of one would indeed fit that mindset.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:26 PM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

We've talked about this numerous times over the years, but I can't help but wonder how much effort it would really take to make two separate games. They could use the exact same game engine and player models, ect. But then have one game stripped bare except for basic games, online play and microtransaction mode. While the other doesn't have any of that and is franchise mode only. They would need to hire a few guys to code the deeper franchise aspect, but even if they only sold 100,000 copies of the game, they would more than make up whatever extra money they put into it.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #8
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
We've talked about this numerous times over the years, but I can't help but wonder how much effort it would really take to make two separate games. They could use the exact same game engine and player models, ect. But then have one game stripped bare except for basic games, online play and microtransaction mode. While the other doesn't have any of that and is franchise mode only. They would need to hire a few guys to code the deeper franchise aspect, but even if they only sold 100,000 copies of the game, they would more than make up whatever extra money they put into it.
I'd love to know how the suits view this one.

I get not wanting to divide the audience. (I'm not buying the product at all).. but I certainly wouldn't buy the online/MUT/roster update every year. Simply couldn't care less about any of that.. but its beyond clear, I'm not even a speed bump. Every diehard that has stopped buying has been replaced at 2 or 3x over.

How many diehards could they bring back in the fold with a bonafide, robust career/franchise/coach mode?

Make 1 franchise game to rule them all.. then, h@ll, as masters of online content, sell roster updates for this. Sell content! It will sustain itself and be an annual revenue source, same as Madden.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-11-2020 at 12:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »