Home

PGA 2K21, the little things

This is a discussion on PGA 2K21, the little things within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
PGA 2K21, the little things

I haven't seen a 'little things' thread yet for this title and I think it deserves one so the devs may know that we appreciate the details!

If you want to start a thread separately for criticisms/fix things please go ahead start one, let's keep this thread positive!

--I love how organic this game feels when I'm on my PGA Tour. I love hearing the distant cheers of the crowds on another green.

--I love the cut aways, even if I move through them at times I usually let it play for at least a second or two. It really helps with making you feel you're not the only one playing and a much larger tournament is happening around you. It even helps apply a little pressure to your game at times!

--I've become good on Pro Level, but I love that I still have 'off' rounds, or even off half-rounds.

--Man, I like the licensed clubs and golf wear. Just feels more legit when you rep for your sponsor

--The music is better all around this year, even if it's simple. 2k19's music especially at the menu was not cheerful or particularly 'golfy'.

--One more for now...the commentary is FINALLY fun to me this year after a LONG spell of games where I switched it off. There's some hilarious little asides and contextual comments or quotes from 80's films in there even. My favorite so far when I was lining up for a putt was Luke saying 'Be the ball, Danny.Nanananana." I burst out laughing, golden for the context, love the movie, and yeah, my name just happens to be Dan like the character.

Do share what you like, gents!

--

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 09-04-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PGA 2K21, the little things

I love the sound of a solid, compressed iron. Goodness what a sound. I think they've got the flight of the ball in a good spot, not to mention the velocity of it screaming off the face.

The texture of the rough is so much better this year, it makes you actually worried about being in the heavy versus just looking at the percentage value in the HUD.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:19 AM   #3
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I love the sound of a solid, compressed iron. Goodness what a sound. I think they've got the flight of the ball in a good spot, not to mention the velocity of it screaming off the face.

The texture of the rough is so much better this year, it makes you actually worried about being in the heavy versus just looking at the percentage value in the HUD.
Thanks for mentioning the texture of the rough! Yes, it's so much better this year, a major improvement and for my money, really helps with the immersion.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0

Presentation. They have more to do and I would like some animations removed on the green after sinking a bogey or whatever but they did a nice job. Walking off the green maybe a caddy on the tee longer pre shot routine before the shot yeah they can add more. Much better this year. Hope the game gets supported well and they move forward.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #5
Banned

They need to fix the jerky putting stroke. And enable automatic tap-in putts.

Last edited by Skippy85410; 09-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Great thread idea Dan! One small thing I've developed an appreciation for is how putts finish out their rolls. I've seen so many putts take those last degrees of break in an exponential fashion in relation to their deceleration in that last foot or two of their travel... putts in some cases I'd given up on thinking they were going to miss wide, only to see them take that last needed 60 degrees of turn to find the hole.

It looks more consistent with terrestrial physics than what I saw in this phase of TGC 2019.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy85410
They need to fix the jerky putting stroke. And enable automatic tap-in putts.
I wish they would enable at least a 2 foot gimme... I'd have shot a 78 instead of an 80 in my final round of the Digital Sportspage tournament at East Lake today if they had!

On which platform are you playing the game? I've got both the PC and XBox One X versions and I've found that if I dial my PC up to where it runs the game with the frame rates at least staying in the 50s, I'm able to modulate a slower, more deliberate putting stroke with higher acuity. That still doesn't keep me from reverting back to my TGC 2019 jab stroke for putts under 3-feet... a stroke that won't even get the ball halfway to the hole from 3-feet in 2K21.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 PM   #8
Banned

They need to make winning a tournament more rewarding. I just won my first one and I got a total of 500 coins. Really!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »