Home

Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

This is a discussion on Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

So, a curious interaction occurred on Twitter yesterday:

So, since this tweet, the hashtag #NFLdropEA is trending in America right now. This is just more to add to the pile of negative press & reception that M21 has been receiving. It has the lowest Metacritic aggregate critic score in non-handheld Madden history, and the lowest user score ever for any game. So, for the de-facto face of the Madden franchise to have such a dismissive & sarcastic public reaction to the negative reception of their game isn't a good sign. Maybe he wasn't serious & was just trying to be funny. Regardless, looks like the public is completely fed up with Madden & this is fuel to the fire.

I have no idea if this will reach NFL owners & execs, but having two separate negative trending topics related to an NFL product in the same year can't be a good thing for the league & the game's future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Airfaron23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thanks to Tiburon dev Clint Oldenburg, #NFLdropEA is trending on Twitter

Lol I just want an NFL commissioner that actually plays video games so they'll realize how **** the game is and quit letting EA make NFL games

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
Old 08-30-2020, 03:53 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

See guys. To get answers to our questions we just need to be hall of famers.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-30-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253

So, since this tweet, the hashtag #NFLdropEA is trending in America right now. This is just more to add to the pile of negative press & reception that M21 has been receiving. It has the lowest Metacritic aggregate critic score in non-handheld Madden history, and the lowest user score ever for any game. So, for the de-facto face of the Madden franchise to have such a dismissive & sarcastic public reaction to the negative reception of their game isn't a good sign. Maybe he wasn't serious & was just trying to be funny. Regardless, looks like the public is completely fed up with Madden & this is fuel to the fire.

I have no idea if this will reach NFL owners & execs, but having two separate negative trending topics related to an NFL product in the same year can't be a good thing for the league & the game's future.
TBH I really don’t like Clint Oldenburg at all. I have interacted with him in the past and he is absolutely dismissive and doesn’t take any feedback whatsoever. His “claim” as an offensive lineman for the skins somehow gives him “Carte Blanche” to ignore anyone and everyone in regards to animation, AI/gameplay, ect. Not impressed and no surprised at the state of development with him at any of the helms Madden has.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I don't come in OS forums and bash Madden.

But this year I am HIGHLY disappointed. Highly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
TBH I really don’t like Clint Oldenburg at all. I have interacted with him in the past and he is absolutely dismissive and doesn’t take any feedback whatsoever. His “claim” as an offensive lineman for the skins somehow gives him “Carte Blanche” to ignore anyone and everyone in regards to animation, AI/gameplay, ect. Not impressed and no surprised at the state of development with him at any of the helms Madden has.
According to the stats I've seen he played 2 NFL games. He started 0 NFL games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Oldenburg
Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253

Every year since 2007, they sell you a bag of beans with cool graphics and jerseys with underwhelming gameplay. If fans want to spend 60+ in next-gen year, do so understanding at all pre-gen games in the next-gen year tends to suck.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Weird, I've had a completely different experience in my conversations/feedback with Clint over the years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »