Home

Using dynamic difficulty with one of the posted slider sets?

This is a discussion on Using dynamic difficulty with one of the posted slider sets? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Using dynamic difficulty with one of the posted slider sets?

Seems like every slider set I see posted here is tuned to a specific difficulty level, and looking through the comments I don't see too many mentions of dynamic difficulty, with Armor at one point specifically saying his sliders were made for Legendary. Is there a slider set dynamic difficulty is suited for? I'm very much a tweener player so I like having the cpu adjust the difficulty for me as needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 05:05 PM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Re: Using dynamic difficulty with one of the posted slider sets?

Probably not. When people make slider adjustments for particular difficulties it's to balance the human and the cpu to try and achieve fair and balanced gameplay or to try to get realistic stats over the long run. I believe Josh's set is designed for allstar which should be playable for most anybody. If for whatever reason you have to play below allstar or want to use dynamic I would just leave everything on default, unless you want to alter the timing to make swinging easier or more difficult or change the pitch speeds to make the ball easier to hit.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Seems like every slider set I see posted here is stuned to a specific difficulty level, and looking through the comments I don't see too many mentions of dynamic difficulty, with Armor at one point specifically saying his sliders were made for Legendary. Is there a slider set dynamic difficulty is suited for? I'm very much a tweener player so I like having the cpu adjust the difficulty for me as needed.
There is very little difference between Default and Armors/Joshs sliders this year. You can use any of those with Dynamic Difficulty and get good results. I set my own sliders informed by those 2 sets on All Star and may use Dynamic Difficulty later in the year to get to All Star+.Best to pick one jump in and start playing!
Old 03-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #4
Rookie

sharkdaballer's Arena

I used Armor's set on dynamic and it worked great. But I would highly suggest going to HoF and lowering pitch speed if need be
Old 03-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

The key to using dynamic difficulty is randomizing the Dynamic Difficulty Slider before each game. That way it simulates when a pitcher has his A game or not. I have two sets currently uploaded that use either HOF or DD. I prefer DD myself, because I have blowout games and nail biters. Look for Flat-Out HOF Sliders in the vault. I tested them using DD but HOF seems to work well also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Seems like every slider set I see posted here is tuned to a specific difficulty level, and looking through the comments I don't see too many mentions of dynamic difficulty, with Armor at one point specifically saying his sliders were made for Legendary. Is there a slider set dynamic difficulty is suited for? I'm very much a tweener player so I like having the cpu adjust the difficulty for me as needed.
If you're using Dynamic, I'd run default. Get to a point where your difficulty stabilizes (i.e. you go back and forth) and then lock it down by turning the DD sensitivity slider down to 0.

From there, you can make any necessary tweaks to your taste.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »