Home

NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread

After a few patches that HOPEFULLY fixed the ML issues and JB releasing his draft class I have created my "real" ML. I didn't see an official thread so I figured I may as well start it. I'm pretty happy with the game overall. My main gameplay gripe this year is still the lack of charges and blocks. I have seen a few more than 2K19 but it's still bad.

I'm playing on default allstar with 10 min qtrs, I have lateral quickness lowered to 40, and gamespeed at 51 along with all foul sliders maxed. I also have layup defense raised to 100 for both USER and CPU. PIP can be a little crazy. That's it.

I'm mainly playing with my Hawks, gonna try to push for the playoffs and develop Trae Young and John Collins into Nash and Stoudamire 2.0.

I extended AD with the Lakers. I dont want to see him on the Hawks or something like he was in my test ML.

I signed Melo to the Blazers.

I traded CP3 to Miami for James Johnson, Dragic and a pick.

I assigned injuries to the real life players.

I'm watching the Wizards. If they are in playoff contention by the time Wall returns, I may leave Beal alone and even "heal" Cousins and trade him there to make a push with his boy Wall. If the Wiz are out of it, I'm gonna trade Beal to Miami in a trade centered around Herro and embrace the rebuild.

I'm going to let the rest playout however it does and only intervene if something is really sideways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Pro

Re: NBA 2K20 MyLeague Thread

Once I’m done grinding my career then I’m gonna jump into my league. I did a Seattle rebrand when I first got the game before I started my career. I like that they’ve fixed a few bugs since release so that’s awesome. I’m gonna do a player lock with a created version of the my player I’m using in my career with the attributes and badges. I did it last year in 2k19 and I controlled the bulls and had a lot of fun. Now that expansion teams also have the warmups to match uniforms when players are on the bench makes my league a bit more immersive this year as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-08-2019, 12:42 AM   #3
MVP

Did a fantasy draft the other day and I'm REALLY loving the look of this team. I have a young core of Jokic, Zion, and LeVert and surrounded them with shooters and defenders including Pat Beverley, Ariza, Joe Harris, Delon Wright, Richaun Holmes, and Mbah a Moute. Looking forward to playing more games with this team.

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 10-08-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:19 AM   #4
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Soon I’ll do a Rockets fantasy draft and idk what exactly I want to draft but I know I want Zion and either Lonzo or Morant. Why those two, I don’t really know. Want either a star big or wing as well and going from there.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
Rookie

The mode is STILL a hot mess... The team chemistry and morale issues make it basically unplayable 🤷🏾*♂️
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Turned off chemistry and put morale down to 5 to help mitigate those issues.

However every players morale is in the basement. I can't fix that one, not sure why that is happening.

Last edited by Kully; 10-08-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
The mode is STILL a hot mess... The team chemistry and morale issues make it basically unplayable 🤷🏾*♂️

How so? I've seen a lot of players upset in my test runs but it seems like you can always re-sign them anyway. At this point, I think morale is more cosmetic than anything and something you can probably just ignore at least when it comes to retaining players.

I'm not sure about how it effects teams on the court if the teams chemistry is low due to all of the upset players. Although, I guess it would be balanced across the league because the bench players even on good teams had low morale from what I saw.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
I turn off chemistry and turn morale to zero. As long as you toss a garbage minute to the end of your bench players every 3 or 4 games, I have no issues. The only ones that I see are upset is players that get zero minutes but have CPU recommended minutes. And even then you can re-sign them.

And if you REALLY want to re-sign someone or keep someone on another team, edit their contract before free agency.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »