Home

Old 09-06-2019, 06:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Fouls

Just wondering how the fouls are?

Is there a realistic amount?
Is there a variety of fouls?

This is a make or break if I buy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fouls

No, there aren't good news
as every year, there is a HUGE lack of non-shooting fouls

At the moment i can't see enough variety of fouls, shooting fouls are good (but not from long distance, only diving to the basket) some reaching and then STOP, let see w slider/roster settings what can we do, but i lost the hope after ten years on this problem

-sliders have no effect
-we need more diving, more contact, more hustle
-referees have to call much

we need 21 avg fouls per team on 48 min game, about 13/15 shooting fouls, 7/8 non-shooting.
I'm tired also to write on this problem

many kids here, will read and not worry about this problem, because many people play in arcade style without paying much attention to the simulation of the game

For us who are looking for realism, and therefore the right number of fouls over 12 minutes a quarter, unfortunately we are a little disappointed

BTW this is the BEST 2k ever released, no doubt on this

Last edited by penny80; 09-06-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
No, there aren't good news
as every year, there is a HUGE lack of non-shooting fouls

At the moment i can't see enough variety of fouls, shooting fouls are good (but not from long distance, only diving to the basket) some reaching and then STOP, let see w slider/roster settings what can we do, but i lost the hope after ten years on this problem

-sliders have no effect
-we need more diving, more contact, more hustle
-referees have to call much

we need 21 avg fouls per team on 48 min game, about 13/15 shooting fouls, 7/8 non-shooting.
I'm tired also to write on this problem

many kids here, will read and not worry about this problem, because many people play in arcade style without paying much attention to the simulation of the game

For us who are looking for realism, and therefore the right number of fouls over 12 minutes a quarter, unfortunately we are a little disappointed

BTW this is the BEST 2k ever released, no doubt on this
@penny80 has spoken lol. Hey man I don't have the game yet but do they at least have blocking fouls now? I remember 2K18 had at least some blocking fouls, but no reaching fouls...then the reverse happened with 2K19...reaching fouls only and no blocking fouls. What about off-ball fouls...see any? And ahhh...the everlasting non-existent jumpshot fouls always existed. "Yawn"...Somebody tag my name & wake me up if you see various fouls at some point. In the meantime, maybe I will buy the game soon...maybe.

Last edited by devroyce; 09-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devroyce
@penny80 has spoken lol. Hey man I don't have the game yet but do they at least have blocking fouls now? I remember 2K18 had at least some blocking fouls, but no reaching fouls...then the reverse happened with 2K19...reaching fouls only and no blocking fouls. What about off-ball fouls...see any? And ahhh...the everlasting non-existent jumpshot fouls always existed. "Yawn"...Somebody tag my name & wake me up if you see various fouls at some point. In the meantime, maybe I will buy the game soon...maybe.
no blocking fouls, no charge, no fouls on shooting from long range, no over the back

@devroyce

i'm so so sad!
Old 09-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

@devroyce and all
important!!!

i just play a game in HOF diff, there are MORE MORE MORE contacts, more fouls call

i'm really happy on this, i play just a quarter but it is day and night
i hope that w the slider and roster settings this year we FINALLY have a good result
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I've been getting a realistic NUMBER of them, for both teams. About 20 per team over 48 minutes. But it might not be the variety that you are probably looking for. I didn't see any blocking calls or charges.

This is all with default sliders by the way. Haven't tried adjusting anything yet.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
@devroyce and all
important!!!

i just play a game in HOF diff, there are MORE MORE MORE contacts, more fouls call

i'm really happy on this, i play just a quarter but it is day and night
i hope that w the slider and roster settings this year we FINALLY have a good result
Maybe we should copy over some of the HOF sliders to get these results in All-Star
Old 09-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I've been getting a realistic NUMBER of them, for both teams. About 20 per team over 48 minutes. But it might not be the variety that you are probably looking for. I didn't see any blocking calls or charges.

This is all with default sliders by the way. Haven't tried adjusting anything yet.

Ok this is already a good point to start
as vanilla it is the best version ever

Last edited by penny80; 09-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »