Home

NBA 2K20 Gameplay Blog - Motion Engine Upgrade, Handles, Read & React Defense, Off-Ball, AI, Badges, Takeover & Much More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Gameplay Blog - Motion Engine Upgrade, Handles, Read & React Defense, Off-Ball, AI, Badges, Takeover & Much More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20 Gameplay Blog - Motion Engine Upgrade, Handles, Read & React Defense, Off-Ball, AI, Badges, Takeover & Much More

NBA 2K20 gameplay director, Mike Wang (@Beluba), has posted a new NBA 2K20 gameplay blog today,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Gameplay Blog - Motion Engine Upgrade, Handles, Read & React Defense, Of

Quote:
And for you simheads, we’re also giving you manual switch controls. Simply hold the Swap Player button or double flick the right stick to call for a switch and manually override your coach’s screen defense strategy.
Quote:
AI defense is stepping up its game as well. The transition defense module has been re-written and introduces some new options, including “Protect the Perimeter” and “Wall up” (the transition positioning used against elite downhill players.)
These are huge.

Glad to see Transition defense has been finally fixed.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
This sounds all nice and all but we need gameplay videos to go with the blog. Come on Mike!*
Old 08-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: NBA 2K20 Gameplay Blog - Motion Engine Upgrade, Handles, Read & React Defense, Of

Everything sounds amazing, but I really wish they would include some video examples to really show off the things he talks about. Guess I'll just have to wait to see things in the demo.

I like the changes to AI shooting; I wonder if there was any work done to make the AI more human-like in other areas, specifically in reaction timing and on-ball defense.

And finally the ability to call for switches manually!
Old 08-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Called it with the foot planting based on the released trailers .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
Pro

Sounds great - but honestly, it always does. Disappointed they didn’t kill Greens but I didn’t realistically think that would happen. Looking forward to seeing the new changes but mostly just hoping they do a better job of balancing the game play.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #7
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Haven't even finished reading it entirely but players feeling weighted and foot planting being in the game is huge for me never liked the floaty so called smoother feel that was implemented back in 2k18 glad they are going in the direction of a happy medium.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

This new foot planting etc. sounds like we'll really be able to create space with quick pull ups.

If I'm picturing it right, it will REALLY open up the pull up game. Creating space with a quick dribble and pull up will really add a HUGE element to the one on one game.

Hopefully this is how it translates. Would be fantastic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »