Home

Free agent or prospect in trade going to 40 man

This is a discussion on Free agent or prospect in trade going to 40 man within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Free agent or prospect in trade going to 40 man

Why does this happen? Is there away around it? I signed free agent SS Robert Pauson but don’t want him in my 40 being he’s a 60 overall at this moment in his career, but after I signed him he goes straight to my 40 resulting in me having to remove somebody from my 40 and putting them through irrecoverable waivers. Would somebody explain this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Re: Free agent or prospect in trade going to 40 man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Why does this happen? Is there away around it? I signed free agent SS Robert Pauson but don’t want him in my 40 being he’s a 60 overall at this moment in his career, but after I signed him he goes straight to my 40 resulting in me having to remove somebody from my 40 and putting them through irrecoverable waivers. Would somebody explain this please?

From my experience, if you're doing 30 team control, as long as you drop him from your 40 before the season start, he'll go unclaimed.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
Rookie

TexSkins's Arena

Was about to ask the same thing. Anything you can do without controlling all 30?
Old 05-27-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSkins
Was about to ask the same thing. Anything you can do without controlling all 30?
If it were me, I would save the game, remove him from the 40, and run a test sim to see if anyone picks him up.

Other than that, you may be outta luck.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
If it were me, I would save the game, remove him from the 40, and run a test sim to see if anyone picks him up.

Other than that, you may be outta luck.
Another option is to just add him to your roster before you start the franchise.

Pauson is an OSFM roster creation who’s in the free agent pool to start. I’m assuming OP picked him up right at the start and he was added to the 40-man (because that’s what I did, and he was added to mine).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 11:07 AM   #6
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

There's another thread on the go that's essentially the same as this. @jfarcus14 just posted this. In all of my years of playing the show, I didn't realize you could do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfarcas14
You can fix this yourself without having to worry about removing them from the 40-man. When you go into FA’s and you find the player you’d like to sign click over to your roster box on the other side of the screen. Once there use the R2/L2 button to scroll through MLB and your minor league teams. If you don’t want that player on the 40-man cuz he’s young or you just want him for depth in the minors and not taking up a spot just hit R2 to place the player in AA or A. Once you move over and you hit R2 it scrolls through your levels and shows your players at whatever position you’re on in the FA pool. So just go find your player and before you hit X to sign him just click over then hit R2 twice to get to AA then click back over to the player and sign him. He will be in AA and not on the 40-man. After reading this before sending I realize I went a bit too much into detail lol

Old 05-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

In my experience, as long as you drop him before the first spring training game is played you should be fine. For some reason the CPU is hesitant to make any roster moves until their first spring training game is played. After that though your SOL
Old 05-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
There's another thread on the go that's essentially the same as this. @jfarcus14 just posted this. In all of my years of playing the show, I didn't realize you could do this!

Wow I didn’t know that! Thank you everybody for the responses

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »