Home

Old 02-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #1
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
The Graphics

When some of you say the graphics need an 'overhaul', what specifically are you referring to?

I think the game looks great. The uniforms and animations could use some work, but I think the field and stadium graphics are above average.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
When some of you say the graphics need an 'overhaul', what specifically are you referring to?

I think the game looks great. The uniforms and animations could use some work, but I think the field and stadium graphics are above average.
Players in general. They seem lifeless still. The uniforms have needed to be addressed for a long time. That's what I am looking for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the graphics are pretty stellar. The ballparks look amazing. The uniforms are getting better, but they need to be redone. The biggest issue is the player models. And I’m not sure if that is graphics. They are archaic and stiff, and rely too much on canned animations still.

The night and dusk skies need work. And they need more cameras to showcase the beautiful stadiums. Some of the grass and dirts could use work. But the biggest issue, for me is the player models and the way that they move and look. Fixing that would allow them to do better things with the uniform materials and movements, as well.

Maybe they could add dynamic weather, and the moon and its phases one day. 2k had that a decade ago.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I get no sense of urgency when players are throwing the ball. Just seems like they go through the motions. I hope they fix this at some point.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 02-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Almost all of my gripes with the graphics have to do with the player models and uniforms. Mainly lack of natural looking cloth physics and jerseys looking way too stiff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #6
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
The night and dusk skies need work.
I agree dusk has looked pretty bad, but it appears to have gotten some love based on the new trailer.

Old 02-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #7
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I think the graphics are pretty stellar. The ballparks look amazing. The uniforms are getting better, but they need to be redone. The biggest issue is the player models. And I’m not sure if that is graphics. They are archaic and stiff, and rely too much on canned animations still.

The night and dusk skies need work. And they need more cameras to showcase the beautiful stadiums. Some of the grass and dirts could use work. But the biggest issue, for me is the player models and the way that they move and look. Fixing that would allow them to do better things with the uniform materials and movements, as well.

Maybe they could add dynamic weather, and the moon and its phases one day. 2k had that a decade ago.
The dynamic weather would be a great addition. I think it should be there already.

I think the players looks good, but yea, they're animated in a stiff way. It's their animation system. The models are rigged well, but the code that moves them is rigid and.. kinda robotic?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
Pro

MLB14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
Almost all of my gripes with the graphics have to do with the player models and uniforms. Mainly lack of natural looking cloth physics and jerseys looking way too stiff.
Yea, I really thought cloth physics would be a part of the PS4 generation of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »