Home

Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

This is a discussion on Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

I stopped playing online about 2 weeks ago till they patched it. Had a decent night in the park once since. Think we went 16-3 that night. Haven't played any rec and I'm noticing they're not either. I'll get home from work around 9-10 and that's usually when we would play. These days i don't even have enough friends playing to get a few park games in. And this is after the patch that toned down steals, which was the reason i stopped playing online.

I think it's really sad that the games been out a little over a month and guys i usually run with all year are already done.

This is literally the worst 2k I've ever played online. And it's really starting to show.

I have over 200 friends on psn and i used to run consistently with at least 10 people every year. Even kids i don't usually run with but are still on my list aren't playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I stopped playing online about 2 weeks ago till they patched it. Had a decent night in the park once since. Think we went 16-3 that night. Haven't played any rec and I'm noticing they're not either. I'll get home from work around 9-10 and that's usually when we would play. These days i don't even have enough friends playing to get a few park games in. And this is after the patch that toned down steals, which was the reason i stopped playing online.

I think it's really sad that the games been out a little over a month and guys i usually run with all year are already done.

This is literally the worst 2k I've ever played online. And it's really starting to show.

I have over 200 friends on psn and i used to run consistently with at least 10 people every year. Even kids i don't usually run with but are still on my list aren't playing.

I'm waiting on RDR then BF5, this game is bad and the people in charge don't care about correcting the things that are actually pushing people away from the game. It gets old playing SS, Playmaker Sharp and Stretch in the park over and over again, and pro-am is just sharps running around, there's almost no variety on how teams are built or what they do.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

this is a generation of people that just love to complain.

they gave the community what they wanted all yall had to do was protect the ball and refrain and from bad passes. the new patch nullified all that, theres plenty of people still playing just add them.

gameplay wise this is better than 18'
Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

To be fair nobody is playing live now either. You can almost always join the same pub lobby as someone else.

Maybe bball games just aren't interesting anymore. Id be happy w a gm I can play alone. Haha. Online is always gonna be wack but it's kinda fun to compete. I just wanna know why we are in the dark age of bball video games.

10 yrs ago we prol thought we'd be playing with vr headsets on haha.

Edit: @above nah it's really just bad gms haha. 18 was not really a good gm either. It was just better than 17 (imo.) so incrementally, sure, but from yknow number 1 bball Sim since 2000 it's like eh. It's funny dudes were like I'm just glad they finally fixed online mylg. I was like hmmm. Not gonna say anything but hmmm.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-17-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
this is a generation of people that just love to complain.

they gave the community what they wanted all yall had to do was protect the ball and refrain and from bad passes. the new patch nullified all that, theres plenty of people still playing just add them.

gameplay wise this is better than 18'
& die hard fans just love to cover 2k's fault too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
MVP

Play Myleague. Online modes are too dependent on having others play a cohesive style for me to enjoy long term

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
To be fair nobody is playing live now either. You can almost always join the same pub lobby as someone else.

Maybe bball games just aren't interesting anymore. Id be happy w a gm I can play alone. Haha. Online is always gonna be wack but it's kinda fun to compete. I just wanna know why we are in the dark age of bball video games.

-Smak
Basketball games are still interesting(that's why 2K went after Playgrounds)

2K and the NBA product isn't.

Steph Curry while entertaining himself made the most passive uninteresting part of basketball the forefront and the meta(Shooting, or Spot Up Shooting) and it is killing basketball.

By Steph Curry being a recent cover athlete and by fans knowing shooting is paramount 2K goes over the top with the green mechanic because it isn't responsive or engaging for users to miss(fans are to blame for this as well).

With shooting being as easy as it is in the games primary mode MyCareer the excitement rating of doing Steph Curry things falls and the fact that other things take more skill and are harder to do only makes the game boring as it promotes repetitive gamplay.

Couple that with the rising media environment where we can share the same experiences faster(including the awful flaws, cheesy attributes and the same tactics/builds ad nasueam).

Couple that with the hiatus of Live
By Live being so far behind industry standards that the game is on sale as we speak, 2K despite innovating in its field with a 2KLeague, Neighborhood and a dedicated TV show is suffering the same fall as Madden is putting out mild games compared to the jumps we saw in 2K9, 2K11 and 2K12.

This also means Live has to catch up to the normal standards 2K has set up(I would say they are 2-3 2K iterations behind), meaning both games aren't putting their best effort(technically they are putting their best effort but you KNOW what I mean).

2K is straight whooping the other game and they didn't even need to get the other basketball license

Simulation basketball is in an era of decadence and I'm not sure we will ever get the feeling of greatness we did in October 2010 until Live surpasses 2K.

Yes Live will need to surpass 2K because only that will make 2K change or get monumentally better(2K is too huge to fail commercially in my opinion).

https://www.twitch.tv/orlandotill

Protesting PNO
MTU

PSN: OrlandoTill

Last edited by OrlandoTill; 10-17-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:03 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

Edit: @above nah it's really just bad gms haha. 18 was not really a good gm either. It was just better than 17 (imo.) so incrementally, sure, but from yknow number 1 bball Sim since 2000 it's like eh. It's funny dudes were like I'm just glad they finally fixed online mylg. I was like hmmm. Not gonna say anything but hmmm.

-Smak
Assuming your just speaking in general? You still haven't played 2K19 right?

As far as people playing...2K is steady at the top of this list on a nightly basis, right after the big time shooters. Some nights 2K18 isn't that far down the list, lol.

FB_IMG_1539824308509.jpg

No mass exodus yet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »