Home

Husbands & Fathers' standpoint - where 2k MUST improve

This is a discussion on Husbands & Fathers' standpoint - where 2k MUST improve within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Husbands & Fathers' standpoint - where 2k MUST improve

Hey Guys,

the more we grow the less time we have to play.. 2k.
That's a bummer, so I strongly recommend Devs to check feedbacks like the one below, which would not be expensive but add some tweaks to enlarge the audience of frequent players, even busy ones.

1. Time spent not playing - cool additions all tv-like intros (though I'd rather partner with one of national broadcaster than simulate one with zombie version of real chars - sorry Shaq), cut scenes and so on, however I would like to spend the most of the time actually playing. Why don't add the option to remove ALL cut scenes and ALL breaks to the game?

2. MyLeague - I would avoid investing time and money in MyGM or similar RPGs, MyLeague is by far the best offline mode ever. But to not settle, it could be improved: First of all, I would like to edit the League format, for example simulating 4 teams round robin to playoffs (ie Euroleague or FIBA competitions), decide on the number of the teams. Not less important is the game duration: today, if I want to play MyLeague I need to turn on console, start MyLeague, adjust the team, start the match, wait for intros, play 4 quarters (5 mins minimum, if not wouldn't make sense playing with the bench) and end the game. Overall about 30 mins if whistled few fouls.. too much to complete multiple seasons. Why dont add the option to choose the quarter played? You could play 1 quarter of 10 mins and have enough fun.

3. MyTeam - just as alternative of MyLeague, being a collector can be amusing, especially for aged people's nostalgy.
Why can't it be split between MyTeam online and MyTeam offline? I can understand Devs don't want too much gamers farming offline to play online, but current offline modes are unuseful. Domination can be funny if only you could play not at PRO. All challenges must reward much if you play HOF, but I shouldn't need to pass through a borgin 30 min game with PRO squads, otherwise people like me would easily quit.
Just add feature to change difficulty and duration and separate the offline rosters from online. The auctions should be related only online mode, so the offline collector should just play to get more cards.
What do you say? VC issues? Nah, a true offline player is not going to pay further cash to have more cards to exibit to his wife. If yes, would be a further gain; Devs, think about it.

4. MyPlayer - cool the neighbourhood and stuff, I am not sarcastic. However, similarily to MyTeam, i wish an offline lite version of MyPlayer, where i can skip parks, gyms, etc. Maybe more like a RPG where i can collect XP to distribute to my skills, and winning clothing and accessories through challenges (ie. 13 three pointers in a match would reward a Steph uniform?).
Moreover, for offline users, currently MyPlayer is EXTREMELY boring, because you play with a not genial IA team and try to win a 30 mins NBA game every day.
Maybe it is already in plan, why do not extend MyPlayer challenges with non NBA games (like Live's The One), to play blacktop games, other challenges and let grow the avatar through other game modes.
Ah forget the gym please, it's fun only the first time you get there, later I prefer to sculpt my addominals in real life, at least I could pretend to be sexier.

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: Husbands & Fathers' standpoint - where 2k MUST improve

MyLeague is my second most played mode since i abandoned MyTeam because of it’s predatory practices about 4 years ago.

The same crap that was an issue years ago is an issue now.

Draft classes usually always produce 10-13 SUPERSTARS. There are NO busts. That’s sounds great at first until your like me and actually play 20 seasons by the end of the 2k year. By year 10 my league is unplayable. There will be 95 overall guys under 25 sitting in free agency because no one can pay them and everyone is 2000 dollars over the cap.

2k really needs to put thought into grouping players into roles such as bench player and superstar and 3rd banana and they absolutely HAVE to rework contracts. Just because your a 90 overall doesn’t mean you should demand the max. That ruins the game. I’d have to turn salary cap off to fix this and i cannot do that because at that point I’d have a super team. Stats and outside factors need to play more part in contracts. I had an 88 overall on my team and gave him 28 minutes per game but the way i played he only averaged around 12 ppg on 47% shooting. That’s not a max player I’m sorry. No NBA team would cash a guy out like that for 12 ppg.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

This could almost be 2k's motto
Old 07-12-2018, 06:15 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
This could almost be 2k's motto
That's not really fair, they've massively improved the ways and amounts of VC they can fleece out of their fan base.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
MyLeague is my second most played mode since i abandoned MyTeam because of it’s predatory practices about 4 years ago.

Draft classes usually always produce 10-13 SUPERSTARS. There are NO busts. That’s sounds great at first until your like me and actually play 20 seasons by the end of the 2k year. By year 10 my league is unplayable. There will be 95 overall guys under 25 sitting in free agency because no one can pay them and everyone is 2000 dollars over the cap.

2k really needs to put thought into grouping players into roles such as bench player and superstar and 3rd banana and they absolutely HAVE to rework contracts. Just because your a 90 overall doesn’t mean you should demand the max. That ruins the game. I’d have to turn salary cap off to fix this and i cannot do that because at that point I’d have a super team. Stats and outside factors need to play more part in contracts. I had an 88 overall on my team and gave him 28 minutes per game but the way i played he only averaged around 12 ppg on 47% shooting. That’s not a max player I’m sorry. No NBA team would cash a guy out like that for 12 ppg.

That's something I wish they'd do in Madden as well. You can have a low rated guy that a user knows how to use to rack up 2000 yards, and the guy asks for like $2 million a year because he's an overall 73.

Stats should DEFINITELY play a part in contracts in these sports game franchise modes.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 02:02 AM   #6
Pro

I agree.

Why does it take 100 seconds for me to be able to access my menu after calling a timeout??

I don't want a whole 2 minute scene of Tim Duncan and Kawhi of all players jumping up and down and high fiving and chest bumping because I called a timeout in the middle of the 3rd quarter while I'm up 2 against a non playoff or rival team.

Just pop my menu up and let me smash confirm and get into the game if I want to.

I don't need an unskipable long *** scene of my guy walking to the bench and sitting down, only for an even longer screen splash of the player of the game.

Theatrics should be skipable unless its a loading screen cover up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »