Home

Newly added players on older rosters?

This is a discussion on Newly added players on older rosters? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

JacobHoward412's Arena

OVR: 0
Newly added players on older rosters?

2k just released a roster update today with Josh Smith added to the free agent list. I use a roster (about a week old) I've customized myself, and I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to add Smith to my custom roster so I don't have to download the latest roster and redo all my work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Newly added players on older rosters?

Can you put a pic of his player model... I’m curious to see this happening so fast ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobHoward412
2k just released a roster update today with Josh Smith added to the free agent list. I use a roster (about a week old) I've customized myself, and I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to add Smith to my custom roster so I don't have to download the latest roster and redo all my work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
But Alex Caruso is not on any custom rosters. And 2K doesn't let us edit his CAP so I cannot add him to my roster.
I posted this on p33 of the NBA 2K18 Player Creations thread:

Guys, I've found a workaround for this, I knew you can do this for community created players, but it also works for some 2k created/generated players (players who don't have facials scans):

Start a MyLeague with the latest 2k roster, the player(s) must be on there obviously, once in MyLeague goto roster, goto edit player, now you can edit the entire player or just videocapture it with 2k share so you can make an exact copy of a player in your ongoing MyLeague. I think this should work with every late addition 2k made for the current teams.

This is how I got Alex Caruso for the Lakers:

HEAD PRESETS
Head Preset: 6
Skull Width: 6
Skull Height: 8
Eyes: 0
Eye Color: BROWN
Brows: 10
Nose: 0
Ears: 60
Mouth: 0
Chin: 10
HAIR
Hair Style: RECEDING
Hair Color: BROWN
FACIAL HAIR
Eyebrow: 5
Beard: 26
Stubble: 0
Facial Hair Color: BROWN

I thought it was pretty important to share this info.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 10-26-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:56 AM   #4
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7

So how would that work for Josh Smith? How would we get him in our already custom rosters? Can you explain further please...
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #5
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
So how would that work for Josh Smith? How would we get him in our already custom rosters? Can you explain further please...
This only works for players that don't have a facial scan.

1. Download latest 2k roster
2. Start MyLeague with this roster
3. Goto roster, goto edit player
4. When it's a player with no facial scan/cyberface, you should be able to edit the entire player, nose, mouth, ...
5. Video or Screencapture what you need with 2k share
6. Create the player yourself
7. Add him to your roster

If you're talking about the Josh Smith that played for the Rockets and Clippers, this probably won't work, since he probably has a facescan/cyberface.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #6
Pro

dkemp's Arena

OVR: 7

I apologize for my stupidity but can you please explain how to do a video or screen capture the face model and enter it into my roster or my create a player option ?
Old 10-28-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
I apologize for my stupidity but can you please explain how to do a video or screen capture the face model and enter it into my roster or my create a player option ?
I'm on PS4, this is what I do after I press 'Edit Player' in MyLeague to videocapture an entire player:
1. press '2k share' button
2. set your 'cursor' on 'Video Clip' but don't press it (I don't know if this is really nessecary, it's just the way I do it)
3. press 'back' button (for me it's circle)
4. start 'videocapturing' by scrolling by everything you need: vitals, shoes, head presets/hair/facial hair (only for players without facial scan/cyberface), accessoiries, attributes, tendencies, signature, badges,...
5. when you're done press '2k share' again and press 'Save Video Clip' or square (if you're on PS4)
6. now you should have a 5min (depending on how fast you go) in your Capture Gallery, once you get the hang of it you'll have 3min videos
7. what I do next is copy the Video onto an USB stick (has to be formatted in FAT32 for PS4), copy from USB to my laptop so I can play/pause the video in MediaPlayer

Tip: to Capture badges it's best to scroll onto the player, press R3 (PS4), scroll with L2/R2 (PS4) untill you get the badges and Capture them that way by scrolling down (less work), I always Capture badges last once I 'Abort Changes and Return'.

Hope this makes sense and you understand my 'english'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »