Home

Layup Meter

This is a discussion on Layup Meter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Layup Meter

Man I suck at layups with this new layup meter. All my shots are late because either I don't understand the timing of the layups or the actual timing is not realistic. To me, it seems like the timer is way too early. My guy just takes off for the layup still going up and not at prime time to release the ball yet the meter is already fulfilled and going down.

And it is impossible to have your shot meter off and make layups consistently.

Also, which layup packages do you use? I would like to use Rose but he does some crazy layups that are a ***** to time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Re: Layup Meter

I agree with you,

its not like it's not a nice feature but I wish that could have been like a bonus for layup in traffic for example . but when your by your self its frustrating when you miss a layup because of the meter .

another thing I really hate to keep looking at the meter when I do a layup or when I shoot I like to get use to timing but it seems like it changes a lot thru out the game!!

also want to ask you if your having in trouble with free throws , it seems like it works randomly it doesn't always give you green!!! I hope those are things that there going to patch
Old 09-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

I am pretty sure this is just a visual change. The shots needed to be timed last year as well, the game just didnīt tell you why you missed.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar_munes
I agree with you,

its not like it's not a nice feature but I wish that could have been like a bonus for layup in traffic for example . but when your by your self its frustrating when you miss a layup because of the meter .

another thing I really hate to keep looking at the meter when I do a layup or when I shoot I like to get use to timing but it seems like it changes a lot thru out the game!!

also want to ask you if your having in trouble with free throws , it seems like it works randomly it doesn't always give you green!!! I hope those are things that there going to patch
Bro I shoot like Deandre Jordan at the FT line with my Point forward. I used melo shot last year and was making about 95% of FT. This year I'm around 40% with Melo shot. I know his release by memory but it seems like again the shot meter does not accurately depict a correct release point. My Ft is a 70 now so hopefully it fixes itself sooner than later.

I also switched to using X to shoot (after 3 years of stick) because that straight down stick is BS if you ask me.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #5
MVP

Layup meter is a very bad idea.

a) timing looks off. Meter fills way before the player is on the highest level. I never had an "early" layup.

b) it is unrealistic. Everyone who has played basketball knows that in contested lay-ups, you release late, to find balance THROUGH the contact. This is not depicted at all in the game.

c) How I am suppose to see the meter in traffic?

Last edited by kabamaru; 09-19-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
I am pretty sure this is just a visual change. The shots needed to be timed last year as well, the game just didnīt tell you why you missed.
meh IDK. My outside Center with 45 moving layup was much better at them last year than my point forward with 80 layup this year.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #7
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Bro I shoot like Deandre Jordan at the FT line with my Point forward. I used melo shot last year and was making about 95% of FT. This year I'm around 40% with Melo shot. I know his release by memory but it seems like again the shot meter does not accurately depict a correct release point. My Ft is a 70 now so hopefully it fixes itself sooner than later.

I also switched to using X to shoot (after 3 years of stick) because that straight down stick is BS if you ask me.

I used to use the stick tow but not any more but I noticed I have more success if I didn't fell the meter all the way , I started leaving a small square of it at the end and now I make more free throws for some reason!!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

As Beluba explained, there is NO PENALTY for not getting green on the layup meter. There is only a bonus when you do; So doesn't seem there is much to adjust. I think a lot of folks like the layup meter. Better shot selection is one way to improve results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »