Home

How did your college career turnout?

This is a discussion on How did your college career turnout? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
How did your college career turnout?

I made myself a 6'10 PF with an athletic finish type, really going for a 2005 Amare Stoudemire type player this year.

Anyways, I go to Georgetown, get an A-, A, A+, and an A respectively in the 4 graded games in college. For whatever reason, the "critics" are straight up bashing me & my stock stays at mid 1st round the whole time.

I end up losing the national title game to Michigan State after I get benched where our team got outscored by 10 in a 3 minute stretch in the 2nd half. I think we lost by 5 at the end. I tell you, the minutes you don't play causes some freaky stuff to happen as far as blown leads go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: How did your college career turnout?

I'm really not sure how the draft stock is determined. I didn't play amazing by any means, but I did do progressively better each game. Playing as a PG, my average teammate grade was B I think. Not because I didn't play well, but I tried not to force the offense and stuck to my own man on defense. I didn't get hit with many negatives at all.

We lost the first game, and the critics bashed me after every game, win or lose. After two games, my draft projection was late first round. I played a little better the next game, still got bashed by the critics, but my stock jumped back up to mid first round. Won the fourth game, again playing a little better, critics still talked bad about me, and I was still at mid first round.

For the championship game, I played the best game stats-wise, but it still wasn't anything crazy. My team was absolutely awful while I was on the court, so I had to score more than the previous games. I think I put up 16 or 18 overall, a few assists and a few rebounds. It came down to the wire, and I came up with three clutch plays in a row. Down by 1, I had a nice pull-up free throw line jumper to go up by 1. Next time down the court, my teammates fouled their big, who put in the and 1. Down by 2, I made another jumper to bring us back to even. I pulled off a steal the next time down the court to go up 2.

We got a stop on the next possession, and they fouled twice, but then tried to force a turnover by doubling me with ~15 seconds remaining. I passed away, and my moron teammate decided to shoot a three, even though the shot clock was either off or within 2 seconds of the game clock, and we were up 2. Needless to say, he missed, and they got the rebound. Luckily we got another stop and won the game, but I was about to flip when he took that shot.

The critics still bashed me after carrying my team to the championship, but my projection jumped up to lottery pick after that game.

/longasspost
Old 09-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Played for UCONN and lost to Illinois in the National Championship game on a buzzer beater.
#WeAreND
Old 09-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

3304Life's Arena

As a 6'8 Point Forward I went to Oklahoma and beat Illinois in the tournament final and I'm projected a lottery pick. I didn't do anything spectacular, averaged around 11 points, 7 boards and 4 assists in the games I played, then put up 8 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists in the bonus game.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

I created a 6’8” Glass Cleaner PF and signed with Arizona. We pretty much crushed every opponent and only the championship game was mildly close. My teammate grades were never less than A- and I think stats were right around 13ppg, 8 rpg, 2 apg, 1 bpg. I went to the line a lot..shot about 75% on FTs. FG% was probably around 65-70%.

My draft stock rose after game 1 to “lottery pick” and then stayed the same until the very end. I guess to get into top 3, you have to be more of a scoring player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't know, not good at all. I tried to use the team first mentality and my draft stock plummeted. The MyCareer mode makes you be greedy with the ball and get points or your draft stock drops.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I have a game left to play, hopefully if we win I have 2 more games to play, but Ive noticed the analyst arent saying much good about me. I hadnt played bad really, but I also dont force the action, and let the game come to me as I always did IRL, and with 6 minute halves if you play the game right, then your numbers arent going to be great, and anyone who think otherwise has no understanding of how to play team ball.

Even with the them not saying much good about me after games, Im still projected in the Lottery or early 1st rd, forget which it was in the last game. We have won every game. The 1st game was a nail biter in overtime with my teammates Allabaster hitting a game winner from 70ft out, I couldnt believe it,lol.

Tryin to put off playing because I know once its over I have to wait till the 16th, and 2KU with those pops ups drive me nuts, so I can only play that so much before I want to put my fist thru my TV, wish you could turn it off.

If NBA2k decided to do something like the Prelude again next yr, then they need to make the games more realistic with atleast 10 minute halves, 6 minute halves, come on guy you should know better than that.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I don't know, not good at all. I tried to use the team first mentality and my draft stock plummeted. The MyCareer mode makes you be greedy with the ball and get points or your draft stock drops.
Yup^

I played twice. First time I averaged 12-8-7. Mid 1st round.

Second time I averaged 19-3-2. Lottery pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »