Home

One thing that would make Madden The Best

This is a discussion on One thing that would make Madden The Best within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-24-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One thing that would make Madden The Best

I feel like Madden should have a simulation QB setting!!! Lets face it Madden is coming along very nice in just a short time its fun again and resembles the NFL but one thing remains a problem is QB accuracy. I decided to post this because at one point during this year we had this in the coding of the game where user QBs would throw random inaccurate passes but then it was removed with a patch and set back to the norm where user QBs are way too accurate. In my opinion the only major issue a hardcore sim football player could have with Madden right now is QB accuracy on both sides human and cpu. If we had a sim qb setting similar to 2ks sim setting it would be so huge for hardcore sports gamers does anyone agree??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: One thing that would make Madden The Best

This entire thread. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-rebuild.html
Old 07-25-2016, 10:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Wow i read that thread its a pretty sick write up although i think ultimately for a sim player replayability comes down to gameplay and statistics so while i would love to have all that i think that if we just had more realistic qb throws it would make a huge difference for some of us sim guys and its such simple coding that it was in at one point this year and taken out on the next update
Old 07-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Banned

Excellent write-up. Regarding the section on injuries, I think the writer is on to something. Hopefully EA could implement something like that. The current system is binary, either injured or not. That is not how it is in the real NFL. A guy can hurt his shin in the first game of the season, and never be right for the rest of the year, but that is not reflected in Madden.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBlue
Excellent write-up. Regarding the section on injuries, I think the writer is on to something. Hopefully EA could implement something like that. The current system is binary, either injured or not. That is not how it is in the real NFL. A guy can hurt his shin in the first game of the season, and never be right for the rest of the year, but that is not reflected in Madden.
Once individual player animations are fixed and stable, I really think EA will be able to properly reflect injuries. Whether off the ball or on the ball based on the various animations and implementing a bodily deteriation system like 2k does with bball based on size, durability, speed, weather, etc. I just feel they're trying to add too much and should dig deeper and fix the base game play issues before implementing highlight animations.

Sent from my LG via Tapatalk.
Buy my New Single "Cray Cray" on ITUNES @ http://apple.co/28MBmhh

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #6
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

A custom camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Icon14 Re: One thing that would make Madden The Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern2323
... but one thing remains a problem is QB accuracy. I decided to post this because at one point during this year we had this in the coding of the game where user QBs would throw random inaccurate passes but then it was removed with a patch and set back to the norm where user QBs are way too accurate. In my opinion the only major issue a hardcore sim football player could have with Madden right now is QB accuracy on both sides human and cpu.
Do you think that would get frustrating if your QB would miss open WRs because of a randomly inaccurate throw? Personally, I'd like it, but I think most players would get frustrated.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrest Games
Do you think that would get frustrating if your QB would miss open WRs because of a randomly inaccurate throw? Personally, I'd like it, but I think most players would get frustrated.
And that right there is why Madden will always behind the 8-Ball when it comes to simulation gameplay.

When they removed the QB inaccuracy last year, it finally hit me. They strive for sim, but only go halfway to appease their oh so precious MUT and Tournament crowd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »