Home

CPU vs CPU is back for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU is back for Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-13-2016, 06:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
CPU vs CPU is back for Franchise Mode

Confirmed by @EA_White.

You set Supersim to "slow" and it will take you to a CPU vs CPU Broadcast view of the game.

I'm assuming 32 team control will still be needed to watch every game but you no longer have to pick a third string QB or third string TE. You can play as all the Coaches and be in control of all the teams and still watch.

Finally, it's been since Madden 12 that we've been able to watch CPU vs CPU games in Franchise!

Most of you probably didn't care much for this but I love watching the Playoffs or having a game on while i'm doing something else like cooking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 06:41 AM   #2
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU vs CPU is back for Franchise Mode

Really excited for that strand of guys that got this back in the game. Know it meant a lot to them. Everyone should have the basic interface options to play the way they want to play. Give the user a sandbox and let them craft their experience. As for me, I would love the chance to play as the offenses in a game but that will require switching teams in game. It doesn't look like that made it in barring a late push for it this cycle.

Last edited by NateDogPack12; 06-13-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:00 AM   #3
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
Really excited for that strand of guys that got this back in the game. Know it meant a lot too them. Everyone should have the basic interface options to play the way they want to play. Give the user a sandbox and let them craft their experience. As for me, I would love the chance to play as the offenses in a game but that will require switching teams in game. It doesn't look like that made it in barring a late push for it this cycle.
I play both ways you described. I love watching the roster I put together work without my interference. And at the same time, the CPU cannot bench struggling players, so if I see RG3 struggling and he's been struggling for the past couple of weeks, I want to give Josh McCown or Cody Kessler a shot. I'd gladly make a push for them to add this. I mean, how hard could it be? (Probably harder than I think).
Old 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

I am so happy this feature was added as well as the long list of other features. I am curious if off the ball injuries will happen in SLOW mode as they do in a pure simulation in which you don't watch the action?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

always has been a great feature imo, especially for us sim heads, i think the most important thing here to me, is that it can hit on so many positive levels in gaming as well as teach voice character and good practice for commentary backgrounds. Back in the day mid 80's - 90's that's what gaming was about to teach and grow, have backbone, i'm glad to see it coming back!, Dev team & game changers have done an excellent job in bringing back this franchise. God Bless You All & Take Care.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 06-13-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Very cool. I like the way Madden 17 is shaping up.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Fingers crossed, but reading this description of it has me a bit worried :

Simulation Speed

"There are three different options for the simulation speed to choose from while the game is looking for the next key moment. By default, you’ll be able to follow along using the Normal play-by-play option where you’ll see the drive lines draw on the field with a quick recap of each play as it’s being simulated. This is the perfect balance between speed and knowing what’s going on in the game. If you want to jump to the next moment quickly, you can select the Fast option. The third option, which has been a community request, lets you slow down the game so you can watch each play unfold on the field in live action using the broadcast camera."

Q : so does this mean that every key moment will prompt a screen of choices during this quasi-spectator mode? If so, that's not true cpu vs cpu. I like the notion of NOT having to click every time prompted and just letting the game play straight through...thoughts?
Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs2nine
Fingers crossed, but reading this description of it has me a bit worried :

Simulation Speed

"There are three different options for the simulation speed to choose from while the game is looking for the next key moment. By default, you’ll be able to follow along using the Normal play-by-play option where you’ll see the drive lines draw on the field with a quick recap of each play as it’s being simulated. This is the perfect balance between speed and knowing what’s going on in the game. If you want to jump to the next moment quickly, you can select the Fast option. The third option, which has been a community request, lets you slow down the game so you can watch each play unfold on the field in live action using the broadcast camera."

Q : so does this mean that every key moment will prompt a screen of choices during this quasi-spectator mode? If so, that's not true cpu vs cpu. I like the notion of NOT having to click every time prompted and just letting the game play straight through...thoughts?

I think Mr.Price said that you just don't push anything when a moment comes up, and the game continues. If I had to guess, I'd say we probably get a prompt with a timer on it, and if you don't press anything the game just continues on.

If I'm wrong, then I'm sure Price can correct me.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »