Home

Three Keys: NBA 2K

This is a discussion on Three Keys: NBA 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Three Keys: NBA 2K

There is no disputing NBA 2K15 is one of the best sports games of the year. Despite what was a rocky launch period, the game itself weathered the storm nicely and has emerged with a fairly strong effort.

Heading into next year, NBA 2K needs to ensure the launch period is smoother as well as delivering an overall improved experience. Here are three key places the game has to succeed next year:

1. Don’t rely upon shoddy servers. The NBA 2K series has never had the best server experience, especially near launch. Simply put, some modes need to be decoupled from online servers (MyPlayer/Career) and the servers themselves need to get better to allow for a smoother launch period.

READ MORE - Three Keys: NBA 2K
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Make MyCareer and MyPark two completely separate experiences that use the same MyPlayer. I hate being in a MyCareer game, seeing my squad has hopped on, only to tell them to wait for me before they play MyPark.

In the vein of point 1. Don't have every experience driven off the servers. Allow us to play our Careers offline and upload our results. I hate when servers are experiencing issues and I either get kicked during a MyCareer game, or can't play all together.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

I agree with separating MyCareer and MyPark. Also, need to bring back lobbies and get rid of the Got Next system it wasted so much time and is frustrating when you're waiting 15 mins for someone to join your spot. Also, off topic but it looks like they might be scanning body types for next year?! I hope so. (Check the link)

http://instagram.com/p/wFto6iMSV1/
Old 12-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Change the MyCareer story. Get new voice actors from different parts of the country. It doesn't feel like MyCareer when everyone sounds the same and goes through the same cut scenes. They need to adjust the attribute blocks. No reason for my PG to have a high block rating.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Gotta say I love 2k. Most of the cheesiness is gone, although I do hate the small delay online. Makes defense truly difficult. Overall though I have to say I am pretty dam happy, and I still cant put this game down. It would be great tho to have more team differential. True defensive stalwarts need to stand out better. Right now everyone just kind of double teams whoever has the ball. That style should get severly punished. Great one on one defenders should not get abused though like guys who are mediocre defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

DEEBOFIOUS's Arena

In order to fix team gameplay you have to replace 2kStauffer with yours truly. This season is the hardest he's worked on updates since he has been with 2k. Now if the company didn't demand this type of attention to detail then shame on them. Stauffer is a proffesional 2k player stylist. He changes the clothes of NBA players like no other, but when it comes to signature shots, player ratings, & tendencies, this guy is way off. If players tendencies truly represented each players game, then you get a closer version of nba play. Far too many of the stars have to be adjusted to get a good game vs cpu and user. Players like Al Jefferson should plant his *** on the left block then throw up that facing hook 90% of his attempts & the other 10% should be face up jumpers or half hearted mid-post drives. Stauffer is a youtube posting enthusiast that doesn't know the game or player tendencies. 1st step in the right direction.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
MyCareer and MyPark need to be separated. MyCareer should be a completely offline experience.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
Banned

WISports's Arena

Re: Three Keys: NBA 2K

So, is this another wishlist thread?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »