Home

Lions' War Room (Established 2004)

This is a discussion on Lions' War Room (Established 2004) within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-28-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Lions' War Room (Established 2004)

We surrender!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Lions\' War Room

Just get Chris Perry or Kevin Jones
Old 01-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #3
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

Nah, screw the white flag approach. Why not send Bill Schroeder to battle for us? Hey, the thought of sending Billy Boy alone would be enough to make any NFL team execs tremble and retreat in fear. Billy Boy would make a perfect weapon. Strap him in with a "Will Catch (And Drop) For Contract" sign and we'll be set to conquer the league.

Kruza
Old 01-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OK...seriously.

At #6, one of the following guys should be available.

Sean Taylor (S) - MIA
Kellen Winslow Jr. (TE) - MIA
Kevin Jones (RB) - VTech

Who would you like to see in the Honolulu Blue and Silver (and black) next year?

I would love to see them get Shawn Taylor and pick up a RB in Round 2 (Chris Perry?).
Old 01-29-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I think getting Sean Taylor would be the best decision. They should still be able to get a top tier RB at the beginning of the 2nd round, while a Safety like Taylor is a bit more rare I think. Plus defense wins championships
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sean Taylor sounds great but if Winslow is there you got to take him. He can do so much for both the running and passing games. It forces teams to bring in an extra DB becuase most LB's cant cover him therefore taking a run stopper out of the game.Then Harrington gets another target that can acctually catch the ball .
Taylor can no doubt help the lions but unlike with Reed and Williams, they are more than one player away on defense.
Giants Fan and since I'm from Michigan, Lions sympathizer.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:32 PM   #7
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:

dsg94 said:
Sean Taylor sounds great but if Winslow is there you got to take him. He can do so much for both the running and passing games. It forces teams to bring in an extra DB becuase most LB's cant cover him therefore taking a run stopper out of the game.Then Harrington gets another target that can acctually catch the ball .
Taylor can no doubt help the lions but unlike with Reed and Williams, they are more than one player away on defense.

You're right, they are not one player away. However, Dre Bly, a healthy Cash and Goodman, the potential for a FA CB like Woodson, Terrence Holt, and Sean Taylor are a young and SOLID secondary. I would put that secondary up against just about any in the league.

On the flip side, Harrington, Rogers, a 2nd Round RB, a nice young Oline, and a FA WR like Tai Streets, makes Casey Fitzsimmons far more serviceable!

I don't think they can screw this pick up.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:38 PM   #8
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

dsg94 said:

You're right, they are not one player away. However, Dre Bly, a healthy Cash and Goodman, the potential for a FA CB like Woodson, Terrence Holt, and Sean Taylor are a young and SOLID secondary. I would put that secondary up against just about any in the league.

On the flip side, Harrington, Rogers, a 2nd Round RB, a nice young Oline, and a FA WR like Tai Streets, makes Casey Fitzsimmons far more serviceable!

I don't think they can screw this pick up.

for some reason I'm not sure we should pick Winslow, but it wouldn't be a bad pick by any means. I think Tony Gonzalez, Shockey, and Heap are the only other truly top tier TE's. Whether they go RB, TE, or Secondary, the Lions will get a solid, solid player. We'll just have to see what, if anything, they do in Free Agency

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »