Home

ace pitchers not pitching well?

This is a discussion on ace pitchers not pitching well? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ace pitchers not pitching well?

whenever doing a franchise, stud pitchers always seem to get lit up every year. i know ace pitchers can have weird years but its usually just a year.

in my cards franchise, wainwright has finished the past 3 seasons with his lowest ERA being 3.87.....in any other franchise i do, like matt harvey, he'll have an ERA around 5.

almost any franchise, my pitchers never have a great year when i sim. happen to anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: ace pitchers not pitching well?

It happens; I had a 'chise where Bud Norris won 3 straight cy youngs on the CPU astros going 54-10 over 3 years
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

Its weird. There was a franchise I made in which Matt Cain leaded the NL in ERA with 2.35...... Yet he finished 5-21... Lol
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Dont have the show in my ps3 right now, but I did notice that ace pitchers tend to have bad years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHB52
Its weird. There was a franchise I made in which Matt Cain leaded the NL in ERA with 2.35...... Yet he finished 5-21... Lol
And let me guess... you didn't trade for any bats did you?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #5
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1

Definitely noticed this. ERAs for aces generally float around 4 for me, and for the rest of the staff it is about upper 4s or even in the 5s. I understand pitchers have bad years and not all pan out, but if I have a group of pitchers all rated 85+, I expect to have a decent pitching staff...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwizzlez
Definitely noticed this. ERAs for aces generally float around 4 for me, and for the rest of the staff it is about upper 4s or even in the 5s. I understand pitchers have bad years and not all pan out, but if I have a group of pitchers all rated 85+, I expect to have a decent pitching staff...
right. this happens all the time. it gets worse a couple of years down the road in franchises. i think it does it to compensate for naturally progressing offenses. its really annoying though that youll constantly lose games 3-14 and ace pitchers have crazy ERAs and WHIPs
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

My pitchers were awful when I'd sim games with STL. I guess SCEA doesn't like them, because they were even ranked 1st in overall.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLJayhawk10
whenever doing a franchise, stud pitchers always seem to get lit up every year. i know ace pitchers can have weird years but its usually just a year.

in my cards franchise, wainwright has finished the past 3 seasons with his lowest ERA being 3.87.....in any other franchise i do, like matt harvey, he'll have an ERA around 5.

almost any franchise, my pitchers never have a great year when i sim. happen to anyone else?
I play my team's games, so the rest are simmed. Kershaw's ERA is near 4, which for him is like very strange. Harvey is also not doing well, ERA around 5.

I did an experiment, put Harvey and Shelby Miller on Braves, and then sorted by potential. Medlen was on top with Miller second and Harvey last. I then edited Harvey so he was a 99! I then once again sorted by potential and once again Medlen was on top with Miller second and 99 OVL Harvey last. My conclusion is pitchers are coded into the game and editing won't negate what is apparently pre-determined. A 99 OVL Harvey with attributes given should have higher potential than either Medlen or Shelby Miller.

If you sim his games, how is Darvish doing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »