Home

Progression toward max potential

This is a discussion on Progression toward max potential within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Progression toward max potential

So what determines how fast a player progresses toward his maximum potential.

I'm sure your coaching staff's skills are intended to be a prime component but my observations do not confirm this.

From watching 17 seasons it seems that production and rating progress are closely related. Some positions award production for attendance and others are extremely difficulty.

Furthermore, there appears to be a link between learning and stat progress. Maybe learning gets play knowledge which gets better performance which gets accelerated production.

What's up?

PS, I found this in MRS post which directly addresses my original question, thanks MRS.

Players with high learning abilities will receive more progression points. These guys will reach their potential very quickly.

Last edited by Wheeler Dealer; 02-16-2013 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Found my answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Progression toward max potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeler Dealer
So what determines how fast a player progresses toward his maximum potential.

I'm sure your coaching staff's skills are intended to be a prime component but my observations do not confirm this.

From watching 17 seasons it seems that production and rating progress are closely related. Some positions award production for attendance and others are extremely difficulty.

Furthermore, there appears to be a link between learning and stat progress. Maybe learning gets play knowledge which gets better performance which gets accelerated production.

What's up?
Lots of things-the best thing you can do is get level 5 with all coaches in Intangible and Physical development.

Learning really takes care of itself. By the point you've gotten Leadership, all your players should be at max learning. Disciplined Routine will take of any other problems with learning.

Production helps, but certain positions it's very lightly weighted toward overall. OL and TE specifically.

Personality-Driven lets player's progress twice as fast. My Commander QB gets 600 awareness points a game, twice as much as any other player.

Keep in mind certain players progress very slowly without help from the HC. TE, DB, K, and P. Use Super Strategist and Leadership to max out player development, then start to put points toward dev with your HC.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224

Production helps, but certain positions it's very lightly weighted toward overall. OL and TE specifically.
I have noticed run yardage and little to none sacks has helped my oline progress nicley...

As for TEs and K/Ps I don't think anything helps them at all...
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had drew goldman progress reasonably well for a TE (I.E. a hair slower than everybody else) in a playbook and playstyle where he was getting as many yards and TDs as a WR1.

I actually had Karron Cousins progress reasonably well for anybody in the same program, because he has the "Driven" personally attribute.

Driven matters more than anything else I'd say. I've heard from others in the forum that it doubles point acquisition.

Those are the outliers though. Usually, in playbooks/playstyles where they're not used so much, my TEs hardly progress at all.

Last edited by Skarecrow; 01-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Chargers playbook is a strong playbook that relies on the TE alot and is strong, so maybe I will try that playbook next and see if I have any luck with that...

Btw, I usally just trade or sign a TE near his potenial and I do the same with Kickers and Punters...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

The chiefs playbook is a big TE user also.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Damn, personality affect progression?! Had no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm willing to put up with the "superstar" guys because they've got the "driven" attribute. Almost everything else they have is bad news.

Martz Air Attack is my favorite playbook. My falcons team switches between a pure vertical passing attack and playaction/power running spread attack, and it can do both equally well.

In the play action/running attack games, my TE Karron Cousins may see 14 or so receptions for upwards of 150 yards and 2 or 3 TDs in a good game, and he'll see that repeatedly throughout the season. He progressed from OVL 81 as a rookie to OVL 89 by the later half of his second year, and to be honest he really only began seeing the big time play action targets during the second year.

"Driven" is a hell of a bonus. Probably too strong, all things considered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »