Home

Who will be moved this year?

This is a discussion on Who will be moved this year? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Who will be moved this year?

I guess really the reason for this thread, was seeing as how the Knicks seemingly play 10x better without Amare, and have started out strong this year without him, it begs the question: Will he be there by the All-Star break?

Not just Amare, who else do you all see that could possibly be on the move, or that just doesn't "fit" with their current team?

Eric Gordon, if he can ever get on the court, I'd assume the Hornets would try to move him even though he just signed his contract extension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Who will be moved this year?

I just wonder who would want to take on Amar'e's contract.

My potential candidates:
Tyreke Evans - He still hasn't been figured out yet and has played the 1-3 with no set position since getting in the league. Contract is up at the end of the season and he's still young enough to be a legit contributor somewhere. Sac also has more than enough guys who can score the basketball.

Josh Smith - Also expiring and has said he wants out of ATL in the past.

Brandon Jennings - I don't think Milwaukee has a chance of retaining him and he's playing like it's a contract year, so they might go ahead and get some good value for him.

Kris Humphries - BK's front court is pretty deep and I think if MTV emerges as a legit contributor and Blatche keeps parading as a basketball player, he could be out.

Derrick Williams - He just doesn't fit the Wolves and when Love gets healthy, he'll probably end up the odd man out.

Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson - Jazz also have a really deep frontcourt and some promising young players coming off the bench with Kanter and Favors. Jefferson and Millsap comes off the books this year I believe. Jazz would be foolish to try not to swap one or both for a legit guard.

Carlos Boozer - Chicago just extend Gibson and Booz has done nothing but disappoint since signing there. His contract is also extremely undesirable.

Ed Davis - He's stuck in a crowded front court, the addition of JV is cutting into his minutes. He could be a good role player somewhere else.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Jose Calderon

Al Jefferson

Anderson Varejao

DeJuan Blair
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

My potential candidates:

Brandon Jennings - I don't think Milwaukee has a chance of retaining him and he's playing like it's a contract year, so they might go ahead and get some good value for him.

My gut tells me the Bucks will keep Jennings over Ellis. Ellis might be traded.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

My potential candidates:
Tyreke Evans - He still hasn't been figured out yet and has played the 1-3 with no set position since getting in the league. Contract is up at the end of the season and he's still young enough to be a legit contributor somewhere. Sac also has more than enough guys who can score the basketball.

Josh Smith - Also expiring and has said he wants out of ATL in the past.

Kris Humphries - BK's front court is pretty deep and I think if MTV emerges as a legit contributor and Blatche keeps parading as a basketball player, he could be out.

Derrick Williams - He just doesn't fit the Wolves and when Love gets healthy, he'll probably end up the odd man out.

Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson - Jazz also have a really deep frontcourt and some promising young players coming off the bench with Kanter and Favors. Jefferson and Millsap comes off the books this year I believe. Jazz would be foolish to try not to swap one or both for a legit guard.

Carlos Boozer - Chicago just extend Gibson and Booz has done nothing but disappoint since signing there. His contract is also extremely undesirable.

Ed Davis - He's stuck in a crowded front court, the addition of JV is cutting into his minutes. He could be a good role player somewhere else.
Definitely agree with this.

I can see Zach Randolph being moved as well for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see Amare going anywhere. Nobody is going to touch that contract especially with him having another knee surgery. The Knicks have already used their amnesty clause so they are stuck with him unless they find some idiot to take him on.

Same goes for Boozer minus the knee issues. The Bulls do have their amnesty clause however so they could do something with him in the off season.

Eric Gordon is an interesting one. He just signed a big deal but is a legit young scorer. It really depends on how messed up his knee is. I don't see the Hornets moving him though after they just matched the offer sheet he signed with the Suns in the offseason. I say they try and ride it out with him for a while.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
I could see Houston or the Bobcats maybe take some kind or chance on Amar'e if they could get the right deal done.

Houston seems all about trying to land those big name guys, I know they gave out some big contracts already but if they could make it work I could see it happening.

Bobcats - it's one thing to have a team with a lot of young guys, it's another thing to have a team with a lot of young guys who suck lol.. They just need something, so why not.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I could see Houston or the Bobcats maybe take some kind or chance on Amar'e if they could get the right deal done.

Houston seems all about trying to land those big name guys, I know they gave out some big contracts already but if they could make it work I could see it happening.

Bobcats - it's one thing to have a team with a lot of young guys, it's another thing to have a team with a lot of young guys who suck lol.. They just need something, so why not.
I don't really see the Bobcats moving anyone, who would they move? No one wants guys like Diop or Matt Carroll. They're trying to build around guys like Kemba, Henderson, Biyombo, MKG and Mullens.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »