Home

Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay

I'm headed to EA Tiburon next week to get some hands-on time with the game. If you have any questions for the Madden NFL 13 GAMEPLAY team, please post them here.

I need GAMEPLAY questions only and please be as specific as you can. If I see a bunch of back and forth or questions that are not related to GAMEPLAY, it will be deleted.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Interview Questions - Gameplay

1. Will there be more variety of penalties called than holding, facemask and clipping?
2. Will elite DE's be able to sack the QB with a variety of moves on a more consistent basis, in both 3-4 or 4-3?
3. Will DB's still mirror WR's routes?
4. Will there there be better trajectory on passes?
5. Will there be double team blocking on pass plays?
6. Will there be tiered play calling?
7. Will there be a simulation mode and a arcade mode?
8. Will there be in-game saves?

Steve, if you are still reading this, once you gather the answered questions, will there be a NDA on those answers or will you be able to publish the answers as soon as you return?

Last edited by roadman; 04-07-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Have the pass trajectories been improved on intermediate and deep passes and if not are their plans to do so?

Will weight and momentum of the two or more characters involved in a tackle play a bigger role in determining which tackle animation is activated?

(By gameplay are we talking specifically on the field, or are all the pieces of gameplay, i.e gamemodes, part of it)

Will Wide receivers and Defensive backs interact with each other passed the line of scrimmage?
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 04-06-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

1. Will there be new/improved routes for the passing game (Smoke, Short Fade, Long Fade, Sluggo)?
2. Will the WR Smoke route be included as an audible for all 32 teams?
3. Will the Hit Stick be improved/more efffective for the defense?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

will the run blocking be be better for the fb? cant tell ya how many times he runs threw the hole and right past the de,dt or lb and dosent even attempt to block them.

also agree with the penalties and pass trajectories of the ball both ned to be fixed.

also what about the release of qb's? they seem to be slow cant tell ya how many times i've had wr's te's rb's open and go throw and it ends up in sack because i hit button asnd wind up is slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay:

Is Madden leaning away from the arcade element that it is known for & moving torwards a realistic NFL simulation title that fans demand ? Have physics & players acting like their real counterparts. Players
move roboticly & there is warping & ice skating in the game which
needs to be removed. -Stop the suction blocking players should not
attract like magnets, they should react upon contact. Add footplanting
make it look like his feet are actually hitting the ground when he
runs. Add a real time physics engine in the game like NaturalMotion thisshould help the game AI in major ways & players will act more
lifelike.Have signature animations for all player positions the playersshould act close to their real life movements as possible.
Fix the player models the players kind of look like clay models,
there's no real skin tone or texture, or texture on anything
player-model related. I just feel like the player models are kinda fat
looking and don't have a lot of detail. Is Madden leaning away from the arcade element that it is known for & moving torwards a realistic NFL simulation title that fans demand ?

Player differentiation right now everyone pretty much has the same
animations. Add specific animations to players based off their
ratings. If a guy has an agility rating of 60, he shouldn't make the
same jukes as a guy with a 94 in agility. This is one of the main
drawbacks from the game.
Have big chunks of grass in your face mask if you get hit hard
into the ground & players getting ready to get into it but then it
gets broken up by teammates.
Make the ball smaller and give it a true spiral, make it react the
way a ball should when it's put on the ground.
Fix ball trajectory and formation shifts -Redo most animations to
represent NFL effort
-Fix running animation so strides are faster & eat up less ground
-More foot planting - it doesn't have to effect control, just make
direction changes look realistic
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

1. Will there be any sideline interception animations for defenders? Interceptions are always dropped around 1-2 yards from the sideline or in the back of the endzone.

2. Will defenders have to establish full possession of the interception by tapping both feet on the ground instead of it being called and interception while they are still in the air.

3. Did they tone down that over the shoulder animation when switching off to attempt an INT when the defender should be jumping up for it instead.

4. Will the CPU be more aggressive with there playcalling on 4 and short on there opponents side of the field(Like NCAA) instead of always kicking a FG or punting it?

5. Will the sliders be stronger for the CPU to help the gameplay out?

6. Will the CPU defend the run better on 13? The elimination of suction tackling was a breath of fresh air but it made the run game a little too easy. Tougher CPU sliders should help this. I currently have the USER breaktackles and runblocking on 0 along with the CPUs run defense maxed out at 100 for everything and I'm still able to have two 1000 yard backs every season.. It shouldn't be that easy to run the ball with the sliders maxed out like that for the CPU.

7. Will the CPU make better defensive playcalling? They still come out in base defense sometimes when I'm in 4WR sets. They also spread there Dline out wide sometimes in obvious running situations. I can be in goaline and they come out with there Dline spread wide giving up an easy 3 to 5 yards. They should be ready to defend any formation I come out in with the right personnel on the field.

8. Is the CPUs man and zone coverage playcalling a little more balanced this year? I loved the zone improvements but the CPU called way too much zone coverage during the game. I think it should be a little more balanced.

9. Did the CPUs defensive 2 minute drill improve? They still get a little too agressive in 2 minute situations by blitzing too much or pressing the outside WRs with no safety help giving up an easy game winning score when they should be in safer coverages..

10. Has the Dline/Oline interaction improved?

11. Did they tone down the CPUs pass block on All-Madden? The USER gets no push up front even with the CPUs pass block on 0.

12. Has the CPUs open field running improved? They present no threat on kickoff or puntreturns because they get the ball and run straight down the field without trying to put any moves on the defenders or cut it back across the field.

13. Will players weight and strenght mean something on 13? It kind of fell off on 12. It was better on 10-11.

14. Will penaties be called like everyone is is mentioning? Especially pass interference.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but these are some of the things that come off the top of my head.. Gameplay is my main concern..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 04-06-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I honestly have a ton of question but will everyone please repeat Roadman's first question in some shape or form to ensure that it gets asked and answered.

Have PENALTIES, especially defensive pass interference, been addressed?

What has been done specifically for Special Teams?

Have ratings/OVR been addressed at all and if so, how?

What improvements have been made to DPP?

Have shading, man align and defensive assignments (having one defender cover a specific offensive player causing other offensive players to be wide open) been fixed?

Can intended receivers trigger pass defense animations to attempt to prevent potential INTs?

Can the User still get a turbo boost when switching to control a CPU player that should already be running full speed?

Are there progressive and cumulative injuries meaning can players have injuries that can potentially get worse over a longer period of time and have more than 1 injury at the time?

Is Player Lock in this year?

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-06-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »