Home

TOMBA 2K12 Rosters and Sliders Now Available For 360 On 2KShare

This is a discussion on TOMBA 2K12 Rosters and Sliders Now Available For 360 On 2KShare within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
TOMBA 2K12 Rosters and Sliders Now Available For 360 On 2KShare

TOMBA 2K12 ROSTER AND SLIDERS

***NOW AVAILABLE ON 360 2KSHARE***

GAMERTAG: TombaSports360

ROSTER NAME: TOMBA 2K12
SLIDER NAME: TOMBA 2K12 SLIDER SET A

FULL GAME EDIT FOR SEASON MODE AND QUICK PLAY
ROTATIONS SET SO THERE ARE NO INJURIES

Offline Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?i6uenz7ri306g1s

Video Preview Of Gameplay in TOMBA 2k12
"Coming Soon
"

Before I go into detailing out the edits of TOMBA 2K12

I wanted to say a few words to possibly shed some light on many things here at OperationSports.com as a community member and leader. TOMBA 2K12 and for that matter any edit I've done has usually not been the work of a group or a community project. Late last year I got back into editing after a year hiatus. I started with Madden 12 which for lack of a better word was "maddening". I then turned my attention to the excitement around NBA 2K12 because I honestly thought that would be the only glimpse of NBA Basketball we'd see. Lockout over I was enlisted by fellow forum member Paul Pierce to work on his Simulation Roster project for 360 after I had figured out an early way to improve the game through coaching profile edits. Through Paul I was introduced to the work of VTRCB who was the ratings editor on that project. Through working on that project we released what was called the official Sim Roster(shortening the name so that it was clear and to the point). Soon after though through my own displeasure of what the edit consisted of I started messing around with what I usually notice to be bad in games...The triggering of animations.

The triggering of animations comes from how the game engine is set up to receive inputting from the user and then the initial intelligence of the CPU in reaction to that. There's also a secondary mechanic which has the ratings controlling some if not all animations within the game disc. As some may know many animations are either hidden or overly used in the game for many players, making for either a frustrating or overly simple experience.

Knowing this I started to delve deeper than I ever had with The NBA 2K series. Editing this, changing that and play testing every possible configuration I could think of. After the first month I finally came to the conclusion it was going to have to be a mix of things that had to work together so that certain bad things could cancel out and certain good things could be unlocked.

Those things are in the formulas that follow below in what has become TOMBA 2k12....

ROSTER COMPLETE FEATURE LIST AND EXPLANATIONS:

PLAYER SIG SHOTS,PLAYER SIGNATURE MOVES,PLAYER LAYUP AND DUNK PACKAGES

This was the mostly due to the many talented folk here who love "THE TAPE"(Youtube footage and actual gamecasts). So most sigshots are taken from this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sig-shots.html

Player signature moves,layup and dunk packages are a mix from what I found and what I personally felt worked well in game motion wise.

GLOBAL SPEED AND ANIMATION TRIGGER EDITS
ALL PLAYER RATINGS EDITED INCLUDING FREE AGENTS

The major animation issues plaguing the game year in year out (that I hope developers notice at some point) are the way the animations trigger. Their reaction time frame is inaccurate to real life speeds. Because of this, awkward ramps in players reaction speed with offensive and defensive plays happen most of the time.

The inclusion of quickness and game speed adjusting is marred by not having the player speed available in quick games OR the pause menu and thus can not easily be rectified as a whole ever.

Below is a formula.
***These are set globally for EACH player***
***NO MATTER THE PLAYER***

Settings For Player Attributes
• Offensive Awareness - 50
• Def Awareness - 50
• Stamina - 61
• Speeds - ONLY speeds of 51,61,71,81
• Quickness - 50
• Hustle 50

GLOBAL SHOT TENDENCY EDIT FOR INSIDE,CLOSE,MID-RANGE,3PT & PUTBACKS BASED OFF OF HOOPDATA

From working on the coaching profiles and making sure that the shots taken within the coaching profiles follow true NBA data I thought it important to detail how player shot tendencies work and have been edited in TOMBA 2K12.

For coaching profiles I took HoopData.com statistics for shot locations per team and married them with the shot locations for players within the individual player shooting tendencies. Meaning...

I basically created a numbering system of only 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100 to produce a more clear path for the game engine to focus on the type of shots that should be taken rather than having too close of an odd rating to determine what they end up shooting as a team and as a player...

Below is an example of the formula.

Here are the Shot Tendencies:
Shot Tendency
Inside
Close
Mid-Range
3 Pt
Putbacks

Examples of some players with their shot tendencies edited with comparisons to 2K default ratings.

Point Guard
Chris Paul

2kSports Rating / TOMBA 2K12 rating

Shot Tendency 75/70
Inside 40/50
Close 62/75
Mid-Range 62/50
3 Pt 30/50
Putbacks 40/50

Power Forward
Blake Griffin

Shot Tendency 87/70
Inside 99/100
Close 50/75
Mid-Range 37/50
3 Pt 2/0
Putbacks 82/100

VERTICAL EDIT FOR POINT GUARDS

With the vertical Game Slider set at 85 I needed to have some point guards that were in the height range 5'8 to 6'2 lowered within their ratings so that they would look more accurate doing their layup and dunk packages. The results look better in game.

DRIBBLING EDIT FOR CENTERS AND POWER FORWARDS

This was first started by my collaborator on this project, Thelorn(the man behind the base roster which he made to make my edits possible). Basically what it is a global edit of all Centers and Power forwards dribbling and 3PT tendencies.

NEW ABILITY EDITS FOR STARS AND PLAYERS PLAYING BETTER

Through basic watching of this season games I've come up with what i felt needed to be changed. no science behind this one, just good old fashioned common sense Poor, Average, Good and Great settings based on a players performance so far this season.

VANWOLFHAWK's COMPLETE PLAYBOOKS ADDED AND PLAY TESTED TO WORK WITH ROSTER

This is something I personally held out for and held off completing TOMBA 2K12 because of it. VanWolfHawk's playbooks are the work of a true basketball coach. Being a coach in real life has benefited us ALL greatly this year thanks to his editing of the playbooks. He has a blog on both the Eastern and Western conferences and plans to update them periodically as well.

Links to those:

Eastern Playbooks http://www.operationsports.com/vannwolfhawk/blog/16877-nba2k12-full-playbooks-eastern-conference-version-2/
Western Playbooks http://www.operationsports.com/vannwolfhawk/blog/16878-nba2k12-full-playbooks-western-conference-version-2/

In inputting these I have play tested the results with EVERY team in the weeks that I was implementing them. I've made specific changes to my coaching profiles so that they work in tandem.

I wanted to extend my thanks to VanWolfHawk. He's been someone who I've been able to intelligently discuss and theorize the game with. Can't wait til he's a NBA Coach and I'm the referee calling technical's on his team!

RONDO IS GOD's HEX WORK ON JERSEYS,SOCKS,SHOES,CORRECTED ACCESSORY COLORS AND STADIUM NAMES

My long time friend and fellow sneaker buff Gottibino put me onto the work Of Rondo Is God(who himself had a amazing hex based roster file with the same concept work he has done for TOMBA 2K12 and VTCRB's Community Edit roster). When I asked if I could enlist his help, Rondo Is God's immediately was willing and I saw my own enthusiasm for the project grow as he hex edited the file for me. He's done for me what I could not do and I thank him for his time looking at the ones and zeros and what else he call's "Um there's more stuff than that". His cosmetic work with colors etc give the game's accessories they're real life appearance.

--------------USING ESPN PICTURES--------------
ALL PLAYERS SHOES REDONE AND CUSTOM COLORED
ALL PLAYERS ACCESSORIES REDONE AND/OR ADDED

This where I basically sat down in front of a computer and painstakingly (1 hr per team) recreated what players in the NBA are wearing for shoes and accessories this season by looking at ESPN photos. Some brands are not in the game so I picked what could look best from far away. I also mixed and matched some unique equip choices to kinda mimic certain accessories as well that are not in the game.

I also took the time to go through and make almost 85% of the shoes custom colored for home and away. I tried to make sure that players wore the their home and away colors at least twice this season before associating their shoes with those colorways.

SPECIFIC GAMEPLAY SLIDERS TO PLAY WITH TOMBA 2K12
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER SLIDER SET

As many of you know my sliders are a big deal for me. Usually I do a set of sliders and that's it, but this specific set is so specifically tied to this roster that the edit as a whole does not work unless you use THIS slider set on 360 2KShare:

TOMBA 2K12 SLIDER SET A

(CPU and USER are the same. Anything NOT mentioned is default 50.)

Gameplay

Spoiler

My Controller
Spoiler

Gameplay Sliders
Offense
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Attibutes
Spoiler

Tendencies
Spoiler

COACHING PROFILES REDONE AND BASED OFF OF HOOPDATA AND ANIMATION TRIGGERING EDITS

I originally had a edit for coaching profiles where I just made every number even so that the coaching profiles would act as if they were less important so that ratings would mean more. In the last couple of months, I've gone through what I would probably say were 4 different coaching profiles that I came up with that served one purpose or another for the roster they were intended for.

From working on the edits for the Global Player Attribute's in TOMBA 2k12, I started to realize that the coaching profiles also acted as a great way to bring out certain game flow aspects in the game.

Going further, I wanted to capture what I see in real life, on TV and in highlights. NBA basketball is a fickle beast, esp when you throw in a lockout and have players play with not much practice. The opportunity that arises is trying to make the coaching profiles create a real life NBA experience, not so much so in the coaching mentality of teams but the overall feel of how the NBA plays....

That's how much power and control I think we fail to realize that the coaching profiles have. If set correctly they can make the game into a more realistic representation of the sport as we see it, currently esp now after the infamous Lockout.

Below is a formula.

***These are to be set globally for EACH area specified***
***NO MATTER THE TEAM***

Settings for Coaching profiles

Offensive Tempo - 100
Defensive Pressure - 100
Help Defense - 0
Fast Break - 50
Crash Boards - 50
Run Plays - 0
Double Teams - 0
Zone Usage - 50 *Change 5/5
Attack the basket - 100
Look for post players - 100

Team Specific settings for Inside,Close,Mid and 3 Pts shots, Ally oops and Bench Depth

Each teams Link:
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba...profiles-edit/

VTCRB's ROTATIONS WITH NO INJURES SO THAT SEASON MODE AND QUICK PLAY MODE CAN BE ENJOYED WITH YOUR FAVORITES PLAYERS

I had to have this man do the rotations. Not only is he a gifted editor of ability rating. He has also been a great source,ally and friend throughout the course of this edit.We've been able to bounce ideas off each other in a manner reminiscent of a brother/family kinship and his knowledge of the game of basketball has led to a very successful edit of his own.

Link: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

I thank him indirectly for his input and involvement with Tomba 2K12 and look forward to always working with him in the future.

CREATED MISSING PLAYERS

I first started doing CAPS by trying to go head to head with another CAP editor named Huylan. I've since forgotten that and have gone on to understanding the Create a Player in away that I can utilize its best features to create the best recreations of players NOT in the game.

ALL Cap work ON 360 2Kshare
Search GamerTag TombaSports360 within the DNA section

BASE FILE BASED OFF OF 2K 1/7 ROSTER UPDATE AND REWORKED BY THELORN
BY ADDING MISSING OFFICIAL DISC HIDDEN PLAYERS AND ROOKIES WITH COMMENTARY.

I'd like to Thelorn who's first reworked base file On 2KShare was the one I used to test out my early edits of TOMBA 2K12
. when we worked together to conjure up the base file based off the 1/7 update it was nothing short of fun and informative and gave me new insight into the world of HEX Editing.

I would like to close this with a few more things unrelated to NBA 2k12 . In my years of editing I've grown to know many of you in the community either for the good or for the bad. I say for the bad because as the forum format lends itself to free and cordial discussion it also breeds a recipe for disaster among it's participants. Flame Wars(which I think is an outdated term) rants, favoritism and differences in opinion all add to the mix and can add a distaste for even the sole reason we all come here for... Sports Games.

Coming back here after my year hiatus of editing I saw a new format for editing NBA 2k12. Hex editing was rampant and there were new faces aplenty who gained some recognition through it and through working on rosters/sliders of their own. With this came the added bonus of starting to get acclimated to the new crowd of editors. Some of which I've had the privilege of even influencing over the years and some of those that refuse to give me or my way of editing the time of day.

Knowing this I wanted to help in any way I could, so a roster of my own was NEVER my intention. The best thing I could offer the community is the sharing of knowledge,so that they can start to understand how these games work in comparison to how they edit them to play...

Now I am not 100 percent sure(no one can be)but with all the play testing I've done(5 months worth)with this years version of the game I can say that through my experimentation, when editing SOLELY with "thinking" where the ratings should be, does not work if you're trying to make a realistic playing game of NBA 2k12 basketball.

Above you've seen what I believe to be true. The formulas don't lie and trying out TOMBA 2K12 is proof and evidence of that.

Knowing that the craziest of ideas turned into something that can make the whole community enjoy it has made all those mad scientist antics and moments worth it.

TOMBA
...as always we real life it

SPECIAL THANKS TO PAUL PIERCE,EAGLESROCK562,GOTTIBINO AND 1ROSE FOR THEIR HELP AND SUPPORT

Last edited by Tomba; 03-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: TOMBA 2K12 Rosters and Sliders Now Available For 360 On 2KShare

Awesome job, My BROTHER from ANOTHER MOTHER.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
"I am Tiger Woods"

gottibino's Arena

OVR: 20

GREAT work & AMAZING roster & sliders as expected of course.
Game plays as real & smooth as it gets & shout out to ALL contributors especially my man Rondo!
Another gem from KING Tomba!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

bow down, children. bow down.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Tomba, congratulations for your roster!

Can i be the first to comment on it? Have 6 games under my belt with this... here it goes, the things that were more noticeable to me:

- The animation "magic" you do in your rosters is out of this world! I feel MUCH more in control of the player, they move better (as in, a more realistic manner), it´s truly amazing.

- The cpu fastbreak is amazing! If you take a bad shot on offense, be prepared to suffer the consequences...

- The cpu is (a bit to much in my opinion) relentless in trying to attack the basket, wich results in a high number of points in the paint (this is also a user trend).

- The problem above, of points in the paint, may also be linked to lack of shooting fouls (since you didn´t mention the foul sliders in your blog i let all at 50 so maybe that´s the cause).

This were the things that caught my eye the most, but i must say that im used to VTCRB rosters (with vanwolffhawk´s playbooks) so i didn´t feel the amazing difference, that others will in the playbooks.

All in all i think that the most incredible thing in your rosters are the animation´s, no doubt!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #6
Rookie

burritos13's Arena

OVR: 4

yo tomba, congrats on these rosters.....im always amazed at how ppl have the patience to not only work on rosters but to put up with some of the ppl here....so kudos!

my question is, do u plan on releasing any draft classes thatll go along with these? is there one out already? or since u worked with vtcrb can i use the community draft class?

thanks in advance bro.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

AMAZING JOB TOMBA!

You might have me playing season mode this year!

Great Work!!!!!!

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Strange some of the players still have injuries like kleiza or b.davis:/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »