Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

Will be stickied shortly. Post here what improvements to gameplay you would like to see.

REMOVE JUMP THE SNAP
Throwing animations need completely redone & should have selectable release styles
Different playable camera angles
Special teams should matter more (I want to block punts/kicks)
Ball trajectory still needs some work

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-24-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay Wish List

Of the threads this most closely fits here, so I hope I am correct.

Allow the user to organize the order in which the Custom Playbooks are set up.

I cannot stand having to scroll over 5 formations to go from 4-3 to Nickel, when they should really be next to each other, is not seperated by only 1 or 2 formations.

Even worse, I created a Power running-Triple Option hybrid offense. The problem is trying to switch between I-Form options and Flexbone Options and having to scroll over 5 different formations.

Also, why is I-Form Close a seperate Major Formation. Should it not be grouped as a regular I-Form formation.

Now, true gameplay wishes:
-Reduce kick power. 50+ yard field goals should be reserved for the elite kickers.

-Reduce kick accuracy. Again, accuracy needs to be lowered. If I played or watch every game on all-american I would wager every kicker to have a 90% percentage in the 40-49 range.

- Tweak kicking logic. AI goes for way too many long field goals and does not seem to understand its kickers kick power. A formula that accounts for a kickers range, and accuracy to create a "safe" zone for the kicker would be nice. Oh don't forget to factor in game situation.

-Cleats not iceskates! Please makes players look more like they are on grass and not ice.

-Running animation. Please add in a running animation. The hunched over acceleration animation looks really ugly and is wrong.

- More accurate running physics, like Madden 09. Changing direction should require a player to slow down and plant a foot somewhere, or else make the change more gradually.

- Player weight and height and speed play more of a factor in tackling animations. The new stuff is great, but therre is still room for improvement and it still seems to favor the offense for no reason.

- Better post-snap blocking AI. Too many times have I seen guys ignore the guy in front of him and go after some irrelevent player off to the side.

- Pass interference. Plain and simple, this is still not in the game.

-More aggressive catches. As it is, almost every catch animation is very passive. Mostly on plays that end up jump balls I see recievers just try to look the ball in and ignore the defender blocking the passing lane.

-Swat ball on offense. Seriously, even the commentary says that at times the Reciever needs to act like a defender. This is huge.

- Defensive holding, late hits. A player who goes out of bounds, not being able to touch the ball first without repositioning himself.

- More transparency in ratings. Seriously, it is about time I have a guide to tell me what the heck these numbers mean.

- Not all that gameplay related, but make ratings more like FIFA 11, where the best players are in the low 90's. (Will post as a dynasty request as well. It kinda fits both.)

I'm out. Next!
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Speaking of FIFA 11, I was playing it earlier today. And the crowd is almost deafening when the home team scores a goal. I wish the sound was like that in NCAA.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Harrison_UNC_Barnes*'s Arena

OVR: 2

**QB Throwing motions..anyone
They should add a selection menu on the Throwing Motion..*Give us alot of options!!!

**More emphasis on Special Teams!!!
Add the Rugby punt to the special teams playbooks...
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Take out the suction blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Jmhobson86's Arena

OVR: 0

They need to make the receiver play similar to madden once the ball is in the air.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7

More emphasis on special teams. Ala Virginia Tech.

Bigger roster sizes

Spring games

Change the depth charts or let us customize them. Some teams don't use a fb. Or many teams use fb/te hybrids. Don't just list WR and CB in order. Give WR different positions.
SE, FL, Slot for WR
RC and LC for CB
Mike, Will, Sam for LB
NT, DT, RE and LE for the DL

More realistic penalty percentages
Old 07-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Wish List

As quarterback scrabbles around.....PLEASE keep his head looking up the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »