Home

Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion

Post em' here guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official Madden 2004 Slider Discussion

No sliders yet from me that are worth posting but I thought it would be a good ideda to talk about we think needs to be addressed before massive slider tweakage.

First off, I am playing the PC version, so I'm not sure if it translates perfectly to the consoles games this year. But after playing 6 games on All Pro with the default sliders:

-I have returned 5 INTs for touchdowns in 6 games. All on the same type of play--a pass picked off in the flat by my CB. I think it's a bit out of hand. Not sure if this is an INT slider issue, a QB accuracy issue, a Human Dware issue or a combination of all of the above. But I think a 6 game sample is good enough to say that's it's a bit much.

-Kicking FGs in the PC version is incredibily hard. The kick meter doesn't stop when you want it to. I went 0-5 my last game in FG attempts. Now that's a first.

-The CPU QBs have a penchant for the *big* play. In the games I played on All Pro, I gave up 300 yards passing, minimuim, each game and mostly due to giving up huge plays despite looking for the pass on defense. I like being burned, but sheesh. I'm scared to really bump that Human Dware slider up too much due to the INT issue and the fact that I like the CPU running game. We'll see.

-CPU completion % is also very high, at least in the games I played.

-Pass rush is extremely bad for human teams. I can sack the QB but only when I somehow come in untouched. If the blocker gets his paws on my DLineman, he's stuck like glue. There were plays were the QB literally had 7-8 seconds to throw. So I dunno if it's a sack issue or just a general pressure issue. I think the latter.

-Pass rush is extremely GOOD for CPU teams.

-BTW, I get a very realistic number of plays with 13 minmute quarters with the accel clock. This is not a new feature to the PC version, so I'm pretty used to it.

Anyway I dunno if others are experiencing the same stuff as me, but this is what I'm currently considering when altering sliders on All pro for the time being.

-bill

PS this is not slider related but the overall team ratings in this game are so far out to lunch that whoever did them needs to be slapped in the face with a large trout.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm playing on all pro with both the defense AI and Human AI all the way up on the defesnsive sliders, everything else I have left alone. I feel this is not a good representation I have ran back a punt or kick return with quintin griffin every game, I have completed over 400 yards passign with plummer twice once against the raiders and the other against the Bengals. I continually rush for over 100 yards per game using Quintin Griffin, The single back normal with QG running out the backfield is always open.

I think All-madden is the only way to go.

Im pretty far in the season and am 7-0 with the broncos, I did make two key trades though, rod smith for the FS from Sandiego can't remember his name though. And C. Portis for W. Sapp.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:54 AM   #4
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Holy cow I just realized something. I dunno if I can offer any help to the console guys. I'm reading the sliders posted in other threads and it looks like the sliders are 0-20 based, just like NCAA 2004.

The PC version sliders are on a 0-99 scale, offering a lot of range in terms of adjustments, so...I guess my sliders will be for the PC crowd specifically.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #5
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Holy cow I just realized something. I dunno if I can offer any help to the console guys. I'm reading the sliders posted in other threads and it looks like the sliders are 0-20 based, just like NCAA 2004.

The PC version sliders are on a 0-99 scale, offering a lot of range in terms of adjustments, so...I guess my sliders will be for the PC crowd specifically.

That sucks! Your sliders are the ones that I use to get a great realistic experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I like the idea of discussing gameplay issues before we get too crazy posting sliders. So far here's what I see (I play on all pro default).

1. Too many big plays on offense for cpu and human-I've never been so afraid to try to tackle Ahman Green in a game before. An awareness bump for both cpu and human is probably in order.

2. Lack of human pass rush-too much time for the cpu QB to throw, it makes it very tough to stop them, especially on 3rd down.

3. The cpu pass rush is pretty fierce, but I'd say it needs to be toned down less than the human pass rush needs to be improved. I've played a game I think where I didn't get sacked at all against Green Bay.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:23 AM   #7

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Agreed with the above. The CPU pass rush is insane. Sometimes the Lb gets through and I am like..huh. Where did he come from? The running game on both sides seems much better this year so maybe a little less adjusting the running sliders.

Remember what it says in the manual. If you kick and let it go into the red, the arrow comes down faster this year.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:41 AM   #8
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

As far as the CPU pass rush goes, stay in the pocket! I love the pocket in this year's game, you actually need to stay inside it to be successful. Trying to drop 15 yards and run left and right will get you sacked just about everytime unless you're using Vick, McNabb, McNair, ect...

Still tweaking my All-Pro sliders but I think 12 minute accelerated, 7 non is the right time to play on this year. I'll post in a couple of days when I get some i feel comfortable with, here are some of the issue's I try to deal with:

-Big pass plays by CPU
-WR drops(CPU & human)
-rushing too easy for human, too hard for CPU
-too many human team INTs(as in CPU thrown)

any other trends you guys have been noticing that i might be overlooking?

I think i've got most of it down pretty well(for my own game at least, who knows if it'll work for everyone else) but I'm still tweaking. Come to think of it, I might be able to post them by tonight, we'll see. I'm sure other people will release better ones anyway, but I just wanted to try to make my own this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »