Home

Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (360, PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Official NBA 2K11 Impressions Thread (360, PS3)

All NBA2k11 impressions should be posted in this thread. Any other impressions threads will be closed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Official NBA2k11 Impressions Thread

I'm pretty sure everyone has read the IGN Review @ this point so I don't wanna reiterate everything that was said there as far as how great this game is but it's difficult not 2. The 1st day I got it I played in awe. I was hours in b4 I looked @ my homeboy and asked "Yo, what's WRONG with it"?? With conviction he said "Nothing"! Now, although it isn't perfect, there's very.....VERY little 2 nitpick this year. And mind u, I'm playing the PS3 version which I was told is an older build than the XBox version with a few more bugs. Some I've noticed is the 'on the fly' substitutions are a little jacked up. Sometimes I'll make subs and by the next dead ball, the same 5 are out there. During timeouts if u make subs then go 2 change ur point of emphasis or match-ups, it negates ur subs. Ur subs should be the last thing u do b4 returning 2 the game. This can be fixed with a simple patch tho. Also when u press Select 2 call a T/O it doesn't give u an option 2 choose a 20 or a full. This is specifically a PS3 issue cause I saw it was included in the xbox version. The AI defense OD's a little much with the steals but once u get a feel 4 the game, ur turnovers will drop drastically. @ times it's still a little unrealistic so I tweaked the sliders a little and it feels much better now. Basically, 4 people who play 2K like an And 1 mixtape, ur gonna have 2 reel that in a bit. But wait, they have an option 2 play Arcade style so u can switch 2 that and have a ball. Damn, these guys covered all their bases. Ummm...what other problems does the game have??? I'm really thinking here It's crazy cause out of the box, as u all know, 2K10 was LITTERED with bugs, glitches and gameplay hiccups. However, this year everything just feels and looks so great! NBA 2K11 is like a beautiful woman with a model's body who also has a great personality, is funny, loves sports and drinks beer! The polish and attention 2 detail is outstanding. The teams truly play like their real life counterparts and star players shine as brightly as they should. I even messed around with the Blacktop mode. Check out the dunk contest if u wanna see even more beautiful player models! Wow! It looked like a moving photograph of MJ! The only concern I have with 2K is...where does it go from here??? I'm a firm believer in this company and technology as a whole but this game is equivalent 2 a truly classic album...Ready 2 Die...Illmatic...Reasonable Doubt...it's gonna be hard 2 top it but I believe it'll happen. Until that time comes tho....CLAP 4 EM!!!
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Game is so deep it isn't even funny. I was gonna wait to play association but I really wanted to see how teams adapted throughout the the season. Every game has been different I played the Rockets and they just meticulously dismantled me. Yao and Kevin Martin were getting to the line at will. Yao shut us down inside and the took it to my lakers with hustle points. Now I'm playing the Suns who signed AI. Needless to say they have my team scrambling to get back on D. I've been able to pound them down low so far. The amazing thing is how they've adapted their style to bring AI into the fold. They are pushing it up the court and getting it to him on the wing where he is swooping in and finishing AI style. It's amazing to see.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slymm
Game is so deep it isn't even funny. I was gonna wait to play association but I really wanted to see how teams adapted throughout the the season. Every game has been different I played the Rockets and they just meticulously dismantled me. Yao and Kevin Martin were getting to the line at will. Yao shut us down inside and the took it to my lakers with hustle points. Now I'm playing the Suns who signed AI. Needless to say they have my team scrambling to get back on D. I've been able to pound them down low so far. The amazing thing is how they've adapted their style to bring AI into the fold. They are pushing it up the court and getting it to him on the wing where he is swooping in and finishing AI style. It's amazing to see.
I'm liking what I'm hearing here. Man, can't wait till Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
I'm liking what I'm hearing here. Man, can't wait till Tuesday.
I can't wait till injuries start to come in play and seeing if that how that alters the way teams play. Right now the teams adapt like living, breathing organisms.

EDIT - I also love how the suns, a team that Iverson could fit in with, was the one that signed him.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Speaking of injuries... (warning: contains spoiler)

In MyPlayer mode, I came down from a rebound and tweaked my ankle. After that, I couldn't move around without limping. The only way I could keep up was 2 sprint which obviously utilizes more stamina which I guess simulates playing hurt. Anyway, after the game, the Insider told me I had a nagging injury that I could play thru (which would take 4 days 2 heal) or sit out (in which case I'd heal in 2). I chose 2 play thru it and b4 the next game they showed a cut scene of me shooting around pre-game in my warmups with some random staff member; visibly being attentive 2 my ankle. Thought that was awesome!
Committed 2 page, I write a rhyme, sometimes won't finish 4 days
Scrutinize my literature from the large 2 the miniature
I mathematically ADD minister
Subtract the wack, Selector, wheel it back I'm feelin that!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow sounds awesome! More impressions please!
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Length is represented VERY well this year. Teams like the Lakers who have long centers completely stop penetrating guards like Rondo/Parker/etc from getting that floater off. They rebound well also. Each team makes you adjust to what they do well

I had Paul Gasol on me (Joe Johnson) after a pick and I was able to get a fade away jumper off thinking I had a mismatch but his length tipped my shot. I thought it was goal-tending but after the replay I saw the ball was still on the way up.....the length is definitely a nice addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »