Home

Virtual STADIUM Tour Feature for MLB The Show...

This is a discussion on Virtual STADIUM Tour Feature for MLB The Show... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Virtual STADIUM Tour Feature for MLB The Show...

With all these silly modes and useless extra Menus, companies (Mostly EA) seem to put in their sports games nowadays, to me it just seems to weaken the overall core gameplay itself. Simply because there is just too much focus on sprinkling attention to too many different areas of a package in a development cycle.

In my opinion, a sports title should feature a PLAY NOW option, a FRANCHISE MODE, and online play. I have never used Road to the Show, so I really dont want to say either way if it should or shouldnt be included. And of course for all the sandboxers out there, it should include an EDIT section that will allow you to CREATE and EDIT your own TEAMS, PLAYERS, ROSTERS, MANAGERS, SLIDERS and MANAGER STRATEGIES

However, if a BASEBALL game was to include anything other than the above, I would most certainly want to see a VIRTUAL STADIUM TOUR section in which you can freely roam in first person view around any MLB STADIUM (Past and Present) and walk thru the stands, inside the tunnels into the stadium itself , sit in any seat to soak in the ambience of being at that park. There should also be a nostalgia screen that has some factoids you can read about the stadium and its history.

That would be a FEATURE that I feel would truly add value, provide us some historical background to these homes and not just be back- of -the -box bullet fodder. This would certainly compliment a world class game like The Show and could also be educational for the true baseball fans in all of us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Virtual STADIUM Tour Feature for MLB The Show...

Very good post.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

This was in ASB 05.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I would rather have a build your own stadium feature. The stadium tour would be a waste of time IMO

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 11-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I loved this feature in All Star Baseball 05. I'm a Braves fan and I was blown away while touring Turner Field and there are a lot of interesting things about the park itself along with every other park in the country. I would really like to have something like this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I would rather have a build your own stadium feature. The stadium tour would be a waste of time IMO
I agree and disagree, respectively

I would love a Stadium/Park Builder Feature....would absolutely just love it! In fact, more than any other game, a stadium builder would actually not just be eye candy but could be strategic to build around the type of team you have...or vice versa! I remember the good ole' days of Earl Weaver Baseball and building a cavernous park to house my team of speedsters. It paid off well. I could only imagine what fun modern technology could yield with this feature...great idea!

However, I would like it in addition to the Stadium Tour feature as an entire Stadium Parks kind of focus to the game.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

This would be cool if you could do it before every game and the stadium was setup like it is actully before games, like the Braves have drummers out front before every game. Also, would be cool to watch the between inning stuff and pre-game stadium linup intros from this vantage point too. This would make it feel like you're at a real game. The video games always use the vantage point that the game is shown on TV, but what about the people that actully go to the game? I like your idea.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I have never used Road to the Show, so I really dont want to say either way if it should or shouldnt be included.

Hi Lisa,

Well, you should try it out for yourself, it is one of the most inovative features of any baseball games ever to come out!, really. This feature is what makes MLB The Show so special and unique.

So I hope SECA will never take RTTS out, ever!..lol

peace!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »