Home

Computer Roster Control

This is a discussion on Computer Roster Control within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Computer Roster Control

I'm new here and this topic may have been discussed often, but in franchise mode, the batting lineup order is being determined by the computer despite having "roster control" turned on. For example, I want to face the Cubs with Soriano batting leadoff, yet the computer moves him to cleanup. This did not happen in MLB 08. Is this is a glitch?
Also, if a club is currently not using a 5th starter, the computer will fill that spot with a long reliever. And one last thing, when I put a reliever in the set-up role, the computer uses him in other roles. I want to face teams with their current real life set-up, not what the computer dictates. Is there a fix to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Computer Roster Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUCK
I'm new here and this topic may have been discussed often, but in franchise mode, the batting lineup order is being determined by the computer despite having "roster control" turned on. For example, I want to face the Cubs with Soriano batting leadoff, yet the computer moves him to cleanup. This did not happen in MLB 08. Is this is a glitch?
Also, if a club is currently not using a 5th starter, the computer will fill that spot with a long reliever. And one last thing, when I put a reliever in the set-up role, the computer uses him in other roles. I want to face teams with their current real life set-up, not what the computer dictates. Is there a fix to this?
Patch 1.06 should address this, plus a few other bugs.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
It fixed the Roster Control for the most part....only for games you don't play. Although after a couple of weeks they start making adjustments and you would have to fix them again. This is evident by looking at the boxscores of the CPU-CPU games.

Otherwise, the CPU adjusts their own lineup when you start the game you are playing. The way around this (thanks to Drusus) has been to use a 2nd controller and start it up as if you're doing a 1v1 game. Once the game starts, switch the controller back to the CPU.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is 1.06 out? I haven't gone online since the first week of May.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN

Actually the patch did not really address this.

It did to a point but it did not do what was intended, which was for CPU roster control to work 100%.

There are still some changes you have to make.

Knights lineup fix rosters does a real good job of making sure there are no major lineup issues though. I would try those rosters it I were you.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »