Home

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Thumbs up Diablo 3

Anyone else hope to see Diablo 3 like me? It's my all time favorite PC game. I've read around on the net and it seems they're working on it but who knows if it's true as Blizzard has never verified it and if it is true, then when will it come out is anyone's guess.

Check this out though

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143594.html

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 02-10-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Diablo 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Anyone else hope to see Diablo 3 like me? It's my all time favorite PC game. I've read around on the net and it seems they're working on it but who knows if it's true as Blizzard has never verified it and if it is true, then when will it come out is anyone's guess.

Check this out though

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143594.html
I'd get Diablo 3 in a heart beat. Still have 1 and 2 (Collectors edition) Simply loved the games.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
Diablo 2 is like, my all-time favorite non-sports game, but my computer would never be able to play a new game such as Diablo 3.

Warcraft 3 is about the most technically impressive game my PC could play.
Blizzard has always been great about scaling the graphics though so I'll bet unless your computer is ancient you'd be able to run it with things turned down.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

You should download the demo for Dungeon Siege 2 if you're looking for an action RPG...I never played the Diablo series but every review I read for Dungeon Siege 2 said that it was made in the same vein as the Diablo games; kind of like Saints Row to GTA.

I loved every second of Dungeon Siege 2 (and it's expansion).
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 02-10-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 25

That story is from '06. Since then they've started work on a Starcraft sequel and I can't see them working on both that and a Diablo sequel at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You should download the demo for Dungeon Siege 2 if you're looking for an action RPG...I never played the Diablo series but every review I read for Dungeon Siege 2 said that it was made in the same vein as the Diablo games; kind of like Saints Row to GTA.

I loved every second of Dungeon Siege 2 (and it's expansion).
I actually own Dungeon Siege 2 but it played poorly on my last computer. I may have to re-load it when I get my new PC. Another game that's just like that if you're interested is Titan Quest, it's really Diablo-ish.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
That story is from '06. Since then they've started work on a Starcraft sequel and I can't see them working on both that and a Diablo sequel at the same time.
Starcraft dev is winding down though now, that's why the rumour is they're going to now switch their focus onto Diablo 3. I believe they've always been working on Diablo 3 in the background since the last one, Diablo 2, was such a huge seller. I am hopeful it will come out in 2009.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
I can't picture them not banking in on a Diablo 3. Diablo 2 still has a very powerful backing from online players and any game with the Blizzard name automatically sells a ton of copies.
yeah same here, and I remember that for a long, long time Diablo 2 was unknown and we weren't sure we'd get it but we did. I honestly believe we'll definitely get a Diablo 3 but Blizzard always just takes their good old time about their franchises to make sure they are perfect.

With the success of World of Warcraft the rumour is that there may be two versions of Diablo coming out, Diablo 3 which will be like the past two and then a MMORPG based on Diablo. I've also heard the same for Starcraft.

With the billions they've made from WOW they'd be silly not to try to create MMORPG out of those two immensely popular games. They got a cash cow in WOW, wouldn't it be nice to have 2 more cash cows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »