Home

Is Madden's idea of new commentary lines just recyclable CFB Kirk Herbstreit lines?

This is a discussion on Is Madden's idea of new commentary lines just recyclable CFB Kirk Herbstreit lines? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-06-2024, 05:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is Madden's idea of new commentary lines just recyclable CFB Kirk Herbstreit lines?

Since he had a deal with Amazon, this could possibly lead to a new renewal of Al Michaels from Madden 08. I don't have much to say other than reflect on previous EA Sports football title game commentators, he's an okay NFL commentator but most probably an even better NCAA one, once again when he has new lines recorded for CFB '25. I honestly only played NCAA 14 and it's an utter shame since I was more than willing to be a yearly consumer in that series after September 2013 announced they were done for.

It's also a shame that they're gonna be missing the other half of Phil Simms for obvious reasons since Tony Romo took the CBS reigns but I'd like to see Jim Nantz making a return to the game alongside him. I doubt it but it wouldn't be impossible that Nantz still returns if Romo doesn't sign on. 2K has something similarly with TNT Turner Sports' Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller. However, Romo isn't a completely impossibility since he did re-join the game series for MUT21 and 22 virtual trading cards.

Another underrated part of the seventh generation console early Madden games was EA Sports Radio. It felt so dynamic on the play-by-play when I grew up with it. Using Oakland Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell as an example:
"JaMarcus takes the snap!"
He would go by first name basis calls. And I feel we'd really be dynamically in next gen console commentary, despite how horrible that sounds knowing they lacked innovation all this time making that simple name switching back-and-forth.

If possible, I'd really like to see a switch between first and last names into the game if Charles Davis and Gaudin is deemed to be a default irreplaceable team. Also, please trash the Ultimate Team lines for all the solo challenges that makes it sound like he's talking to a toddler playing football for the first time. All of it needs to go. And whoever that third guy is, what a nothingburger he provides that I don't even know his name from the halftime show sequence.
They're essentially horrible and godawful sounding with how EA directs them, even though I've always considered them to be a B-Team NCAA Football commentary team without the post-license.

Having John Madden back for any pre-2010 players would be so perfect too. Even though I would've really liked to hear him speak on 2010s and beyond decade players, it fits the cut-off date timeline of his natural commentary career. Nothing's out of the realm of possibility when Rich Eisen of all people gets a combine warriors playable card.
Other commentators include Cris Collinsworth and Gus Johnson, who were in Madden 09-11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 11:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is Madden's idea of new commentary lines just recyclable CFB Kirk Herbstreit line

It would likely take more effort to go back through all the Collinsworth lines and make them mesh with Herbie's newly recorded lines than it would take to just record a brand new broadcast team together.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »