Home

Undisputed Career Mode Delayed to Early 2024

This is a discussion on Undisputed Career Mode Delayed to Early 2024 within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2023, 09:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Undisputed Career Mode Delayed to Early 2024

Steel City Interactive has delayed their Undisputed Career Mode Early Access Beta until early 2024. After...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2023, 08:05 AM   #2
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Undisputed Career Mode Delayed to Early 2024

I have no problem with this at all, Take the time you need to do it right. It's nice to see.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Disappointing but expected. The game has so many issues with the core gameplay and basic online functionality. I haven't played since mid September. No replayability and really not that fun to play at the moment.
Old 11-30-2023, 09:44 AM   #4
Pro

^ Disagree. I think they're very close to having a polished and well rounded game, with only a few things really missing. the fact they're focused mostly on the damage system for the next update makes me think UFC 5 made them kick that into overdrive mode to catch up
Old 12-01-2023, 10:40 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

It's still in early access. Let them take the time to get it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2023, 06:58 PM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

They are headed in the right direction as far as I know.

They plan to slow it down a bit, increase damage/cause and effect, rethink stamina and eventually have it affect movment.

They also did a specific mo-cap session(s) for problem areas - to me that is huge. I'd be shocked if one of my biggest gripes wasn't addressed which is the range of punches. While stationary your jab and cross is shorter than hooks and uppercuts when at range. In other words jabs are thrown in hooking range and hooks in jab range. That one tweak will be massive for gameplay.

One thing I'm not optimistic on which I've been very adamant about is clinching. I don't think it will get much attention and may very well ship w/o any movment and be like a fight night think where it's like you get 3 of them before points are taken. That would be a bummer.

This next update will also get much more visual damage which will be cool as well.

Been quite a while for an update and it's been pretty frustrating but I understand.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:29 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Not wholly unexpected. Way back in February I posited that the tail end of 2023 was the optimistic timeline of a career mode but early 2024 was the more likely scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It depends how far along they are with career mode.
Its a young studio and they were initially crazy ambitious with what they wanted for career mode. You guys remember those first details?

So my guess? They've had to hit the reset button and aren't very far. Optimistic guess is incomplete career mode makes it way into early access towards the tale end of this year, followed by ~6 more months of EA where they gradually implement all other career mode features.. So console release mid-24.

That depends on a whole host of things we don't know though. Like is it still their goal that the player is able to hire different positions in their corner and all the bells and whistles, or will we get a Fight Nigh type career mode?

A less optimistic outlook is that progress on create-a-boxer goes a little slower (thats not a small feature) pushing career mode into 2024, which could mean late '24-early '25 console release.

Worst outlook is that they haven't made much progress on the core career mode functions (progression/regression, fight simulation engine, fighter ranking, etc). In that scenario, mid '25 at the earliest.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:27 AM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
They are headed in the right direction as far as I know.

They plan to slow it down a bit, increase damage/cause and effect, rethink stamina and eventually have it affect movment.

They also did a specific mo-cap session(s) for problem areas - to me that is huge. I'd be shocked if one of my biggest gripes wasn't addressed which is the range of punches. While stationary your jab and cross is shorter than hooks and uppercuts when at range. In other words jabs are thrown in hooking range and hooks in jab range. That one tweak will be massive for gameplay.

One thing I'm not optimistic on which I've been very adamant about is clinching. I don't think it will get much attention and may very well ship w/o any movment and be like a fight night think where it's like you get 3 of them before points are taken. That would be a bummer.

This next update will also get much more visual damage which will be cool as well.

Been quite a while for an update and it's been pretty frustrating but I understand.
Exactly...take your time. No need to rush anything, especially when you don't need to meet a yearly release date deadline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »