Home

Drop Holding, Others to 5 for Amazing Results

This is a discussion on Drop Holding, Others to 5 for Amazing Results within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-08-2023, 12:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Drop Holding, Others to 5 for Amazing Results

I've been working with penalty only adjustments. I've mostly been raising penalty sliders. In the past I have tried lowering penalty sliders with some success. I've tried several different combos and have settled on a set that is been great so far. If you try it please set everything else to default including injuries at 50. You will still get penalties especially if you fake snap on occasion.

Offsides - 75
False Start - 75
Holding - 75 (After the last patch I changed this to 75 from 5
Facemask - 5
Pass Interference - 50
Illegal Block in the back - 5
Roughing the Passer - 75
All Others - On

The biggest issues I noticed with the default gameplay were the run game being overpowered both because of amazing blocking and too many broken tackles. Lowering blocking and tackling penalties have improved both significantly. DL and LBs are usually the first to reach the ball carrier on most runs instead of DBs. I still see broken tackles but now it seems more in line with ratings and it's more like 1 or 2 versus 3 or 4.

I'd really like others to try these out and see what kind of results you get. I've only played 3 games but I feel like these already play good enough to post.

Last edited by tdogg097; 12-01-2023 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2023, 12:05 PM   #2
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Dropped Some Penalties to 5 = Incredible Results

Are you seeing changes in how many penalties are being called?
Old 11-08-2023, 12:12 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Dropped Some Penalties to 5 = Incredible Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Are you seeing changes in how many penalties are being called?
You will mainly get 3 penalties. False start, offsides, and roughing the passer. I got a PI call when I threw to WR in press coverage. With similar settings I was in the bottom 3rd of the league for most penalties. You need to develop some sort of house rule for fake snaps. I usually just go with a feel or if the CPU defense gets a penalty.

You will get offsides and false start penalties. I know no other way to get realistic penalties in M24. I average 4-6 per game and the CPU does the same. And the penalties feel right. It sucks when you stop a team on 3rd and long but they get a first down because you got a defensive penalty (roughing). But that's football. If you want no penalties turn down roughing and don't fake snap.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Drop Holding, Others to 5 for Amazing Results

By leaving everything else at 50, do you mean just inj/fatigue/threshold, or all gameplay sliders as well?

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 11-09-2023, 02:20 AM   #5
MVP

Houston's Arena

If u use fatigue 65
Set your penalties to all 95
except roughing the passer to 45
And must use auto subs I posted in another thread along with game play sliders.

You will get some penalties.

These 3 things are all tied together.

Last edited by Houston; 11-10-2023 at 06:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
If u use fatigue 65
See your penalties to all 95 except roughing the passer to 45
And must use auto subs I posted in another thread along with game play sliders

You will get some penalties.

These 3 things are all tied together.
You will definitely get penalties with the settings I posted. This post was more about the impact of those sliders on gameplay. It has been my observation that the more I raised holding and blocking the longer blocks were being held. I dropped those penalties down and saw a noticeable improvement in block shedding. When I raised facemask there were so many broken tackles. At 5, I'm seeing better tackling overall.

I played many games with all penalties at 75 and even 95. Even with that you still only see random holding penalties. I'd go many games with false start and roughing as the only penalties.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:39 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
By leaving everything else at 50, do you mean just inj/fatigue/threshold, or all gameplay sliders as well?

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya
Yes, all gameplay sliders at default.
Old 11-11-2023, 12:43 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I've been working with penalty only adjustments. I've mostly been raising penalty sliders. In the past I have tried lowering penalty sliders with some success. I've tried several different combos and have settled on a set that is been great so far. If you try it please set everything else to default including injuries at 50. You will still get penalties especially if you fake snap on occasion.

Offsides - 75
False Start - 75
Holding - 5
Facemask - 5
Pass Interference - 50
Illegal Block in the back - 5
Roughing the Passer - 75
All Others - On

The biggest issues I noticed with the default gameplay were the run game being overpowered both because of amazing blocking and too many broken tackles. Lowering blocking and tackling penalties have improved both significantly. DL and LBs are usually the first to reach the ball carrier on most runs instead of DBs. I still see broken tackles but now it seems more in line with ratings and it's more like 1 or 2 versus 3 or 4.

I'd really like others to try these out and see what kind of results you get. I've only played 3 games but I feel like these already play good enough to post.
Tdogg097: These penalty sliders have single-handedly improved the gameplay in franchise mode and made my games more realistic. I try not to mess with the sliders too much. This is the most fun I've had in Madden in years. I use the base all-Madden sliders, and the only adjustments I made were putting user/cpu pass blocking to 35 and injuries to 40. Other than that, everything else is the base all-madden sliders. Thanks again for sharing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »